It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think the DOJ has gone where they don't want to be.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
By indicting Donald Trump over classified documents, I think the Biden DOJ is going where it really doesn't want to go.
The first thing that is going to have to be resolved is the status of the documents. Are they "classified" or not?
The second thing is the limitations of classification and declassification that are placed on the President.
Until this issue, the President of the United States had the final word on "classification".
I see both of these going to the USSC.
Until both of these issues are resolved, there has been no crime committed. An indictment states that the DOJ believes that they have enough information to show that a crime HAS been committed and that they have enough proof to bring charges.

Once both of the issues I mentioned are resolved, this can very easily blowup in the DOJ's face. Biden had "classified" documents, Obama had "classified" documents, Hilary had "classified" documents and Pence had "classified" documents. Under the current situation, they only ones that have any legal protection for this are Trump and Obama because of their status of having been POTUS.
Technically Biden and Clinton should be indicted for this. Please don't use the argument that what Hilary had wasn't worth classification. The Obama Administration jumped all over a Navy sailor who took pictures of the Control Room of the submarine he was assigned to. He was actually careful not to have taken pictures of classified equipment. There are YouTube videos of submarine control rooms including the exact same room. His crime was the violation of security rules in taking the pictures. As someone who has had and still has a "Clearance", I agree with his being charged.

edit on 10-6-2023 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Bingo.
Yet we have Liberals here and everywhere else acting as if Trump is already convicted and on his way to jail and actually applauding what’s going on.

That’s how scared of the Trump boogeyman they are.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The first thing that is going to have to be resolved is the status of the documents. Are they "classified" or not?

I don't think that's right. The indictment itself doesn't take issue with whether or not the documents were "classified". It takes issue with the fact that the documents were "national defense information".

I think the only two questions are "Did Trump have NDI documents?", and "Did he try to obstruct justice when asked for the documents back?"

edit on 10-6-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

My thread about Trump going to lose may be a bit flippant but I think it's still accurate.

The left has to do this for the reasons you stated simply because if Trump wins, there will be precedent.

If Trump loses there will be precedent, but it won't matter because they'll be the ones still in charge.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Someone else posted this video from Fox and Mark Levin in another thread.
Levin hits it with 100% truths and facts, he is a lawyer and was Chief of Staff for Reagan’s Attorney General.

He says June 8th when Trump was indicted is the real insurrection, not Jan 6th.

edit on 10-6-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
Who care 6th or 8th or 10th. It happen and Trump was the instigator. No one is above the law.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioSparky
Who care 6th or 8th or 10th. It happen and Trump was the instigator. No one is above the law.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioSparky

Ok , U Show us he Guilty then. Prove to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioSparky

Spare us that bull# platitude. We know it's not true and can name names, again. Hint: they all are in group (D)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why don't we wait till he has his day in court.
To me it doesn't look good but he is a former POTUS so this whole things has some questionable elements to it.
I'm not going to say he is or is not guilty. That is for a jury of his peers to decide.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Why bother engaging with the Obvious bait/troll disinfo accounts? Being a outsider looking in and a visitor of ATS from back in the early 00. The amount of inflitration on here has gone up 1000 fold. 2024 will be a record for all the agents doing their "thing"
edit on 10-6-2023 by MaximusParvus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Do we have 12 former POTUS to sit on the jury?

I can't imagine being in the POTUS shoes, to judge their decisions, to be responsible for so many lives, to have the power to start a war to end the human race, the need to use power to stop a war to end the human race....

Who can judge a person who has been there but another that has? NOBODY

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Maybe going this far against a former president isn't the best display of power to anyone.
With that said though these look like pretty bad charges man....so idk
I'm ready for all this crap to be behind us.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Maybe going this far against a former president isn't the best display of power to anyone.

And I'm sure its no coincidence that these pretty bad looking charges are brought at the same time the house is exposing pretty bad smoke where the Biden family likes to camp. Might be a forest fire!

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

The charges are bad, so you agree every public official who does virtually the exact same thing or worse doesn't have the authority, should be indicted on the same charges?

I agree, but you do see where this is going.

Before we can put this behind us, it needs to be settled once in for all by the SCOTUS, or every President will face this scrutiny, and potentially these indictments

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Do we have 12 former POTUS to sit on the jury?

I can't imagine being in the POTUS shoes, to judge their decisions, to be responsible for so many lives, to have the power to start a war to end the human race, the need to use power to stop a war to end the human race....

Who can judge a person who has been there but another that has? NOBODY

Nobody...

It's why this needs to be resolved, no wonder even persons of good character and ethics don't want to get involved in politics.

It's a minefield and if the conditions are right you can be indicted for actions your contemporaries had no problem skating through.

I know its just quotes but its not ambiguous that George and Abe would take issue with some of our modern proceedings, they sound like they knew where our flaws and failures were likely to occur.

edit on 10-6-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Do we have 12 drug dealers acting as a jury when some kid gets busted for possession?

Was Bundy convicted by 12 other serial killers?

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Once again, this investigation has existed since February 2022. The potential charges have been known since August 2022. A grand jury has existed since May 2022.

The sudden claims against Biden, that were seemingly found to be lacking by the DOJ & FBI while Trump was President, seem to be an attempt to deflect from Trump's legal issues and not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

That is pre-determined guilt.

Its more like having a review board made up by others in the profession.

Which brings me to another question. As Commander in Chief, and matters of national security in this case, shouldn't he be on trial in a military court?

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

You mention the length of the investigation as if that has some connection to the timing of the announcement.

The Biden investigation stalled, if it even had gotten started, until the GOP took back the house. Results have been produced since.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join