It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump indicted in classified documents case in Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Former President Donald Trump has been indicted in federal court in Miami in connection with his retention of government documents he retained after leaving the White House.

Trump himself disclosed the indictment in a series of posts on his Truth Social social media site on Thursday evening. He also said he has been summoned to appear in court in Miami on Tuesday.

Source

Anyone following this case with even a slightly unbiased mind could tell you this was inevitable.

Trump argued with NARA for over a year regarding the ownership of these documents. He has openly stated during televised rallies his belief these documents belong to him, despite even the warnings of his lawyers. All evidence points to him intentionally hiding documents from investigators and then lying about it.

Cases don't get much clearer than this.

According to sources, Trump is set to be charged in the SDFL for willful retention of classified materials, obstruction of justice, and conspiracy.

That last charge is particularly interesting. According to rumors yesterday, Mark Meadows agreed to testify for the prosecution in exchange for a lighter sentence, or possible partial immunity, for federal crimes he was about to be charged. It could also be in reference to Trump's bodyman, Walt Nauta, and an unnamed maintenance worker who were directed by Trump to move boxes of documents the day before investigators arrived and may have also been involved in an attempt to destroy evidence.

Once again this indictment is specifically for the SDFL. We know there is a separate grand jury empaneled in DC. So further charges may be forthcoming.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Obviously this is a fluid situation. Latest reports are saying that he has been indicted on at least seven counts.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What I do not understand, is why he wouldn't just turn the classified documents in. Is he that naive? I mean, why create so much trouble for himself. Is there any sensible reason why he would keep such documents? It can't be ignorance if his lawyers informed him about it..
edit on 8-6-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

My guess? A combination of narcissism and never actually being punished for anything in his life.

+13 more 
link   
It’s on
The discovery in this case will be epic

+5 more 
link   

Keeping the documents on purpose was his goal.
Play the victim card like he always does to drum up support to prop him up.
Also makes for a good grifter.
Just sayin guys

He did this to himself.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

My guess? A combination of narcissism and never actually being punished for anything in his life.

My guess - something he could make money off of.

He’s dumb but he’s not that dumb.

Hope we find out.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The more they focus on Trump seems like a distraction.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is all a (poorly) carefully scripted set of events, making for a hell of a distraction as the controlled demolition of the United States of America moves forward unabated.

There is a reason he designed Trump Tower the way he did, especially the "66th" floor. He is merely playing his (big) role in this realm. He is not your friend, although for a large portion of humanity he was made to seem that way.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wasn't there a Q post, "how do you introduce evidence?" I don't believe anyone but Trump knows what's on the classified documents. Interesting...

Popcorn ready...

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
Anyone following this case with even a slightly unbiased mind could tell you this was inevitable.

What is "slightly unbiased"?

Is that like what the FBI qualifies their politically motivated investigations with?

Slightly unbiased?

I'd say this indictment comes at a perfect time for Biden as the threat of withholding aid to Ukraine to assist his son's interests comes under new scrutiny with the complaint of a $5,000,000 bribe the FBI attempted to keep hidden.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Well apparently Trump was discussing on audio how he wished he could declassify Iranian military plans, so when that was played for the grand jury, we know he had at least those docs 6 months after he was out of office when it was recorded.
edit on 8-6-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   
it would be epic if during discovery they close the case because the files are SO top secret that even the lawyers and judges cant view them

OR, they are very incriminating evidence of his "other" crimes or his opponents

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
June 8, 2023:

Welcome to the Banana Republic formerly known as the United States.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

So we have the two main players being attacked almost simultaneously which would make the tinfoil warrior in anyone take notice.

Should anyway.

I think it'll be the economy in some way. I mean honestly, take your pick of impending disasters, but it's getting super ugly out there now.

I still can't figure out how California can afford to just give every illegal $300 a week... 🤔

Craziness.
edit on 6/8/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

link   

Wow! Double standards.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

The DOJ has been investigating Trump for over a year.

The DOJ has been openly investigating Trump for 10 months.

Trump has officially been a candidate for President for about seven months. The earliest in history.

A special counsel took over the investigation seven months ago to diminish conflict of interest.

A grand jury has been empaneled for six months.

Congress' investigation into Biden is only a couple of months old and originated around the same time that it was clear Trump would be indicted.

If anything Comer, Jordan, and Grassley are trying to distract from Trump's very real legal problems. Which makes sense since we know that Trump essentially told them to do just that.
edit on 8-6-2023 by Threadbare because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Congress' investigation into Biden is only a couple of months old and originated around the same time that it was clear Trump would be indicted.

Lol
The investigation into Biden was going on in 2018.
All his info went to a single location in Pennsylvania.

Nice try tho…..

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm aware of the FBI's investigation that started in 2018 that was headed by a prosecutor appointed by Trump's AG that turned up nothing.

But that isn't the Freedom Caucus' attempt to dig back up that investigation the second Trump was in clear, legal, trouble.

However, let's not get off topic. This thread isn't about Biden. It's about Trump's indictment and his disregard of the law.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And it only took an hour and he's sent fundraising emails out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join