It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Christ, we can and must eliminate conscious sin.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Most churches have misrepresented the gospel to Christians. They teach that we're justified by faith alone. This isn't what the Bible teaches.

We're justified first by faith in Christ - that he died for our sins and was raised on the third day - then we are justified by works in the Holy Spirit. Once we believe, we receive the Holy Spirit specifically so that we can walk in God's works; therefore we must do exactly that to maintain justification.

That means repentance from sin, loving one another, loving our neighbors and enemies, and studying the word of God under the guidance and teaching of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ, we can and must stop consciously sinning. And if we sin, we have an advocate with the Father; we can confess our sins, repent, and keep moving (1John 1:9-2:1-2).

Peter spoke about seven things we should add to our faith in order to inherit the kingdom.

[2Pe 1:5-11 NASB20] 5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in [your] moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in [your] knowledge, self-control, and in [your] self-control, perseverance, and in [your] perseverance, godliness, 7 and in [your] godliness, brotherly kindness, and in [your] brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if these [qualities] are yours and are increasing, they do not make you useless nor unproductive in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For the one who lacks these [qualities] is blind [or] short-sighted, having forgotten [his] purification from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brothers [and sisters,] be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choice of you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

Salvation is a path from which a born-again believer can stray. This is a scary truth, but if you sit in stillness and mindfully tremble in the fear of the Lord, as the fear passes, you'll receive the peace of freedom in Christ.

[Phl 2:12 NASB20] 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I fully believe, not a single doubt in my mind and soul. However, good luck living this life without committing a sin. If you're in this body you're still packing sin like it or not. To fully accomplish what the scriptures teach you, you would have to get away from the human race as much and far as possible, pretty much live like a hermit or perhaps a monk. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We can eliminate conscious sin, really, is that biblical?
I don’t think so, wouldn’t need faith in Jesus then

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

Would you offer some scripture to support your statements?

Just because we're in these mortal bodies, does not mean we are still yoked to the flesh. Romans 6,7, & 8 explain this. Similarly, we are in the world, but not yoked to the world. Furthermore, sin is an act of hatred against God and neighbor. Such an act is a violation of faith. If you do not consciously hate your neighbor you will not consciously sin. If we sin by mistake, we can confess and repent. But we can make sin a rare anomaly in our lives.

I encourage you to consider these things.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It is Biblical; both Old and New Testaments hold to this teaching. Read Numbers 15:27-31 and Hebrews 10:26-39. It's our faith in Christ that specifically enables us to eliminate conscious sin.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If you want to follow the way of the Light, then yes, you should abstain from sinning.

It would be Good for you to do so.

But who here can honestly say they are able to resist all temptations of the flesh?

Who would so dare forego their happiness?

One foolish enough to embark on a long and arduous journey Home.

The Way Home is right in front of us.

It's so simple.

But who can?

I say Sin.

But be conscious of the consequences of your thoughts and actions.

Everything has a price; your thoughts are not your own; this world is not yours; there is a price to pay for everything.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, Superstar, who in the world do you think you are?

Personally, I pray to Buddha because he doesn't care if I have sinned. But to each their own!

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

There is no forgiveness or justification apart from Christ. In him you can resist temptation.

If your journey is into eternal death and condemnation, then by all means, keep sinning. The Buddha will be available for autographs in the abyss.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What do you know of Sin?

You squander your gift and rush to the end.

May you be blessed and find your way Home in peace then.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The whole of the Law rests on this:

You shall love YHWH your God with all your heart, soul, and strength; you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Any violation of this two-fold Law is sin.

May you find what you treasure most; be it life or death.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I agree with you.

Is this the only sin?
edit on 6 8 2023 by QwertyMyself because: Missed an S =P

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The only sin?

How many ways can you love YHWH and neighbor? How many ways can you hate them?

The symmetry of righteousness can be kept or broken in innumerable ways.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yes.

You speak the Truth.

But do we know of all such?

Do we each have the same vision of righteousness?

Do we know of all the ways we hurt the Father?

Perhaps, there are sins Greater even, of which we know not.

How can one abstain from something he is unaware causes sufferance?

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Do we know of all the ways we hurt the Father?

Whoever believes in Christ can know the Father through the Holy Spirit and his Word.

The sins we commit in ignorance are not counted against us until the Holy Spirit convicts us.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Be blessed my friend.

Your eyes are open.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I hope you'll think more on seeking out the Lord Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I hope you'll think more on seeking out the Lord Jesus Christ.

Should we follow people that are anointed by God. And how will we know the actual anointment took place?

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Furthermore, sin is an act of hatred against God and neighbor.

I'm lost here. God created us with sin. Was that hatred or love? If it's not hatred that we were created with sin, then if we make a mistake than why does it default to we hate God because we aren't perfect and make mistakes?

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Triggered1

You have much to learn of sin.

Dare to explore, if you seek understanding and knowledge.

Or surrender yourself to the One you serve, and await your shepherd like a good sheep.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

There is a little trick ArchangelOger. All our egotistical desires originate from our minds memory - past and future. So when we feel desire, we need move our awareness away from those thoughts to the present ...

In Psalms 46:7-11
7 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
8 Come and see what the LORD has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
11 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Only a still mind can know God. A stillness that will eventually grow into an eye that will remain at the center of any storm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join