It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woke employees on twitter try to censor the biggest online documentary but fail and resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Woke elements within twitter tried to censor probably the biggest online documentary at the moment by labeling it 'hateful content' n 'hate speech' but fortunately for every-rational-thinking person-they failed n resigned. Despite the change in direction from twitter reversing its 'Covid Misinformation Policy' n its 'hateful content policy' the online documentary What is a woman? was initially censored but after Elon Musk himself stepped in the problem was resolved n a number of employees resigned.

Source: www.catholicnewsagency.com...#:~:text=13%3A45%20pm-,The%20one%2Dyear%2Dold%2 0%E2%80%9CWhat%20Is%20a%20Woman%3F,at%20the%20beginning%20of%20June.

The one-year-old “What Is a Woman?” documentary has amassed more than 177 million views in less than a week on Twitter. Despite pushback from transgender activists, the documentary has had enormous success since the film was offered on Twitter at the beginning of June. CNA took a look at what the film is about and why it’s amassed so many views recently.

Because the film deals with the highly contentious issue of gender identity and gender ideology, it has gained publicity from both sides of the issue.
The documentary has not received many reviews from movie critics, but it received an 83% approval rating from six movie critics listed on Rotten Tomatoes and an 86% approval rating from more than 10,000 users rating the film.

This is what happened in a nutshell

Twitter initially entered into a deal with The Daily Wire to help broadcast the documentary but ultimately backed out of the deal and began suppressing the film as soon as it was posted on the social media platform.

When the documentary initially aired on Twitter, it was given a content warning, which flagged the video as “hate speech” and limited its visibility based on accusations that it was transphobic.

Walsh and other members of The Daily Wire’s team sparred with Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal on Twitter about the restrictions. They also directly appealed to Twitter owner Elon Musk by tweeting at his account.

Musk ultimately intervened and put a stop to the suppression efforts, which included getting rid of the “hate speech” warning. He then tweeted out the documentary, saying “every parent should watch this.” He pinned the tweet for a brief period.

More drama unfolded behind the scenes-the dailywire were arguing with these woke elements why the film was censored n they offered them to cut some of their scenes deemed 'inappropriate' n 'hateful'-

This is what Elon Musk said

twitter.com...

This was a mistake by many people at Twitter. It is definitely allowed. Whether or not you agree with using someone’s preferred pronouns, not doing so is at most rude and certainly breaks no laws. I should note that I do personally use someone’s preferred pronouns, just as I use someone’s preferred name, simply from the standpoint of good manners. However, for the same reason, I object to rude behavior, ostracism or threats of violence if the wrong pronoun or name is used.

Source (resignations): www.pbs.org...

Another win for freedom of speech in these very interesting times-but the tide is turning

edit on 8-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Is good to see a victory for freespeech. The issue isn't Trans, it's much bigger than that. If it wasn't Trans it would be something else.

The problem is free speech on platforms on the internet, where the argument is that when using one of these platforms you're essentially in a club. If you run a club, you can kick out anyone you want for whatever you want, including the words you say.

Wherein lies the problem. Some of these clubs are so monolithic and far reaching, that there comes a point where they lose the ability to restrict things like speech. Like twatter, even the POTUS uses it, and other world leaders (no, not uncle Joe, he still uses a rotary phone. The one that's bright white, with color buttons, that says Fischer Price on it)

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
Is good to see a victory for freespeech. The issue isn't Trans, it's much bigger than that. If it wasn't Trans it would be something else.

The problem is free speech on platforms on the internet, where the argument is that when using one of these platforms you're essentially in a club. If you run a club, you can kick out anyone you want for whatever you want, including the words you say.

Wherein lies the problem. Some of these clubs are so monolithic and far reaching, that there comes a point where they lose the ability to restrict things like speech. Like twatter, even the POTUS uses it, and other world leaders (no, not uncle Joe, he still uses a rotary phone. The one that's bright white, with color buttons, that says Fischer Price on it)

The problem with free speech exists n I strongly agree with what you're saying-but it's still a victory

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Walsh and other members of The Daily Wire’s team sparred with Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal on Twitter about the restrictions.

Community Notes.

Parag Agrawal is an Indian-American software engineer and businessman who was the CEO of Twitter, Inc. from November 2021 to October 2022.

I'd argue it wasn't much of a 'fight' but more PR to get folks to see the film and decide for themselves. Streisand Effect was in order, which shows Twitter folks will decide for themselves if given half a chance. Walsh doc was the perfect initial test for twitter to see if it can stream full length at maximum viewership.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Do you think the DeSantis Twitter live campaign launch was sabotaged by Twitter employees? If so, I hope they are arrested and tried for election interference.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't believe that is something that warrants any charges.
I could be wrong though.
Desantis has not been doing himself any favors as of late.
I'm beginning to think POTUS is not a fitting position for him.
Maybe he should just stick with being the governor of Florida.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It is interesting. These people (far-left liberals) are in their own bubble. They call people, like Matt Walsh, right-wing white supramacist facists. If you want to get a glimpse of how these people think, just go to the sub reddit "WhitePeopleTwitter" on Reddit. They live in their own little bubble and most are likely fully on board with sensoring "facists" and "white supramacists" which is really anyone that doesn't go along with their political beliefs. Iv'e even seen them call Joe Rogan (who is left-leaning on a lot of issues) a right-wing white supramacist.

I don't agree with Elon on quite a few things, including him banning some journalists in the past supposedly for "doxing", but he's doing some good by preventing the ultra liberals from enforcing their warped idea of "free speech".

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I don't believe that is something that warrants any charges.
I could be wrong though.
Desantis has not been doing himself any favors as of late.
I'm beginning to think POTUS is not a fitting position for him.
Maybe he should just stick with being the governor of Florida.

Agree with you on that. He's starting to reflect somewhat of a tabloidey persona in a way with a dash of narcissism. Seems kind of familiar

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 11:50 PM
link   

As a sometimes Florida resident and voter, I liked DeSantis.

I liked many of the things he did, but some seem to off… and some too authoritarian.

But it looks like he’s getting some of the wrong money behind him now and I’m very leery.

I never liked Trump since his TV days, but voted for him over Hillary and Biden. Ron Paul is only person to run I ever truly supported - I’m independent/libertarian. Definitely neither R nor D.

On topic I don’t think they sabotaged him, given his backers.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: crankyoldman

Walsh and other members of The Daily Wire’s team sparred with Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal on Twitter about the restrictions.

Community Notes.

Parag Agrawal is an Indian-American software engineer and businessman who was the CEO of Twitter, Inc. from November 2021 to October 2022.

I'd argue it wasn't much of a 'fight' but more PR to get folks to see the film and decide for themselves. Streisand Effect was in order, which shows Twitter folks will decide for themselves if given half a chance. Walsh doc was the perfect initial test for twitter to see if it can stream full length at maximum viewership.

I think it was real issue-but it worked well in the end for both Elon Musk n the dailywire- a win-win situation

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Very encouraging to hear it's amassed those 177,000,000 views since being aired on the platform. Long live freedom of speech, long live the 'new' Twitter, and long live Elon himself, who seems to be stacking up wins for the team at the moment. Good for him> Elon, lend me a million bucks buddy?

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Very encouraging to hear it's amassed those 177,000,000 views since being aired on the platform. Long live freedom of speech, long live the 'new' Twitter, and long live Elon himself, who seems to be stacking up wins for the team at the moment. Good for him> Elon, lend me a million bucks buddy?

I strongly agree with you no matter the barriers n problems-nothing is perfect but we need to have free speech

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Elon Musk twitted n asked every parent to watch the film.

You may not agree with him on some matters but he is right on this one- a movie everyone must watch- some people don't want you to watch the film because they feel threatened-their ideology is at risk-
edit on 9-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
With the media today, um, a good example of what I mean is - The Learning Channel - Dr. Pimple Popper and your 700lb Sister.

I haven't felt like this in my life the same way, this feeling that you really, truly, want to get shot and die today because the world is going nowhere, this generation coming was taught on television to pop pimples, are you really not standing up for how stupid and lost America has become do to the idiot Jews an their ties to the CIA and America media controllers?

Just the media in the past 20 years, just how that has changed, deserves a second American Revolution. But now we are too late, just because all these unknowing evil spiteful idiots we have no lost all opportunies to save the human race. You really think we are headed somewhere positive? You are so blind, you will only know when your ego is dissolved, then you will just be a totally sad and upset spirit because you Refused to Look at the TRUTH while you were on earth.

And to you people who DON"T want me to share what is true to SAVE others? You will be in hell to, so ha! The only thing that allows me to work light is the knowledge that not only evil doers go to hell - if you're an idiot you can go to hell too just for being a stupid idiot. You are a total idiot because you think just murders can go to hell - you are so wrong.
edit on 14-6-2023 by AncientStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AncientStone
With the media today, um, a good example of what I mean is - The Learning Channel - Dr. Pimple Popper and your 700lb Sister.

I haven't felt like this in my life the same way, this feeling that you really, truly, want to get shot and die today because the world is going nowhere, this generation coming was taught on television to pop pimples, are you really not standing up for how stupid and lost America has become do to the idiot Jews an their ties to the CIA and America media controllers?

Just the media in the past 20 years, just how that has changed, deserves a second American Revolution. But now we are too late, just because all these unknowing evil spiteful idiots we have no lost all opportunies to save the human race. You really think we are headed somewhere positive? You are so blind, you will only know when your ego is dissolved, then you will just be a totally sad and upset spirit because you Refused to Look at the TRUTH while you were on earth.

And to you people who DON"T want me to share what is true to SAVE others? You will be in hell to, so ha! The only thing that allows me to work light is the knowledge that not only evil doers go to hell - if you're an idiot you can go to hell too just for being a stupid idiot. You are a total idiot because you think just murders can go to hell - you are so wrong.

The tide is turning n is turning fast - I know it's frustrating n nothing is perfect but if you are on the right side of history you've nothing to be afraid of-

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This thread is now closed.

All discussion regarding gender identity may be had here.

new topics

top topics

join