It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt Right Economy is Failing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

This is a completely useless response. Lets dissect the events beyond minutia and go microscopic, shall we?

The Bud brand, its parent company, lost 27 billion dollars. Its all over the news. Deny all you want but it happened. You cant disprove it so you try to shift the attention via warped semantics to the shareholders.

When someone talks about one of the many news articles and tv spots regarding Bud losing 27 billion dollars - EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. That includes you. Bud lost 27 billion. Inbev lost 27 billion. Shareholders lost 27 billion. The 27 billion is lost among a wide ranging spectrum of investors and commercial entities. So what - its still a loss and that was all these numerous articles say it is. If you insist on naming the primary losers the shareholders and you know so much about how the markets and business work, I am sure you are fully aware of the fact that Inbev and A-B are the biggest shareholders of all. In other words, they lost the most - as it should be. Those losses are real, even if they don't sell the shares. The leverage of that offset value is compromised. In business its not just cash reserves, its borrowing power. Anyone who knows anything about markets and business understands that yet you failed to even give it a passing mention. I am not surprised.

From the New York Post Business section, June 3, 2023:

Bud Light maker Anheuser-Busch InBev has lost a whopping $27 billion in market value in the wake of its star-crossed partnership with Dylan Mulvaney — most recently slammed by a 4% stock drop this week.

AB InBev’s market capitalization fell to $107.44 billion through the end of May — down more than $27 billion from the $134.55 billion value the company had on March 31, the day before Mulvaney’s partnership went live, according to Dow Jones Market Data Group.

May was the third-worst month on record for the company’s shares.

The stock is headed towards an official bear market — a 20% drop — as the boycott continues.

For reference, here is what I said:

A-B lost the stock value because of the backlash to the disastrous Bud Light advertising scheme with the lgbtq agenda.
emphasis added

You said I got it wrong and implied I do not understand how business and the markets work. Now you can call the NYP and tell them they got it wrong too. I am sure they will want to know. I will watch for an official retraction from them proving you were right...
edit on 11-6-2023 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'm afraid you're just repeating yourself now, doubling down on your position. We agree about the facts; you just insist on interpreting them wrong. I think we've come to the end of our discussion. Thank you again.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

When the facts don't support your argument - run and hide.

I know what I said and so do you. And we both know what you said. The point you decided to make your base was off from the very start. You played games with semantics, made things up and attributed them to me, and don't seem to understand the business concepts you are attempting to assert.

Bud lost 27 billion dollars. The end. Nothing more to say. There is no need to dissect it to miniscule minutia to find something to disagree with. If you cant/wont convince New York Post they got it wrong why do you insist I did when I quoted them? Are you suggesting that they misinterpreted the facts too? It seems like that is your last gasp at saving face. Give it up. You failed.

You did get one thing right though - we are done here.
edit on 12-6-2023 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I find it interesting that any media outlet mentioning this decline in sales due to boycotts of Bud Light and Target always make a point of saying "Right Wing boycott", like there's a single identifiable flavor of people that are acting with their wallets and can all be tied to a political faction.

How obtuse and ignorant.

If this was so then why weren't sales BOOSTED by LEFT-WING folks? If self-identifying as a flock member means you consume one away or another, why aren't the numbers still flat. Action/reaction. etc etc.

Could it be that some people can't grasp that there's actually some of us that think,act,react and perform by ourselves and not by what color letter we identify as ?

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So you posted to flex that M$, Alphabet, Amazon, FB, Delta, Blackrock and of course...big pharma are all doing well and support LGBBQ and war?

I'm genuinely curious and honestly don't know, do these alt-right investment funds not invest in Raytheon, General Dynamics and Lockheed Martin? No wonder they're not doing as well as the S&P 500.
edit on 16-6-2023 by MrInquisitive because: changed "right-wing" to "alt-right" in attempt to be more deferential

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join