It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is YouTube content AI generated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Is the google owned YouTube feeding us AI content? Few of us are aware of the capability of their AI abilities, could they have been feeding us AI generated content for years? This train of thought follows the dead internet theory. The gist of it is the internet as we know it is AI generated. A very high amount of Twitter traffic and Facebook traffic are bots, but what amount of created content is? How many of us here are hugely famous YouTube stars? The whyfiles interestingly a YouTube channel I’ve seen promoted here on ATS discusses the dead internet theory and points out an example of an instagram model that was extremely popular that was entirely an AI generated account. Spotify recently had a purging of AI created music.

There’s a homogenization of content on YouTube. It would make sense for those who control media to also control the content outside of their stated ownership. Obviously there are real people who upload videos too, but how much content is fake, and how long has it been?

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ITSALIVE

No. Nutz. All of us..are the video posters. I gotta few so ...?

PS...you're NEW here! Welcome!👍
edit on 06233230America/ChicagoWed, 07 Jun 2023 19:04:32 -050004202300000032 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My YT channel is full with fireworks cause I like model rockets. And as far as any music, I used to get great related stuff, not so much anymore. Anyone know a better video source for music videos?
edit on 6 7 2023 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm sure there are some ai generated videos, but not from Google. I think there are some channels, like true crime related for example, that ai just combs info for cases online and puts a script together and publishes, once or twice a week for revenue. But other than that, no. However my account has a very storied and long history, being used since the beginning of YouTube, so my algorithm is pretty well suited to what I like. My subscriptions list is full of dead channels now though...

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
My YT channel is full with fireworks cause I like model rockets. And as far as any music, I used to get great related stuff, not so much anymore. Anyone know a better video source for music videos?

I love using YouTubes my mix and my super mix when I'm puttering around, but it does require you to sometimes go and manually listen to some older stuff that falls off the radar, because the mix can get caught up with what you've been listening to lately and 'forget' about the older stuff. I used to use the music video and radio part of yahoo back in the day. Idk if it's still a thing now. Probably not. I think yahoo is pretty much gone at this point.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Eh, the A.I. generated videos that appeared in my feed were blurry. You could tell they were A.I.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Do you mean the mostly shorts that have audio and video that are totally unrelated? Or the videos that say the wrong things or pronounce things some way no human would? Or the videos that make no sense at all?

Yes, some of all of these are AI generated but not really by YouTube or Google. They mainly are made by people that are trying to make videos but have no clue how so they have an AI do it. Some others are just made by idiots and it shows.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Birds aren't real, though...

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I had a few videos that I made $$$$ on.
It was seriously the dumbest video that generated the most money for me too.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonSlade
Eh, the A.I. generated videos that appeared in my feed were blurry. You could tell they were A.I.

Yeah, I can see the difference too, it's easy to spot.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No. Nutz. All of us..are the video posters. I gotta few so ...?

PS...you're NEW here! Welcome!👍
Thanks for the kind welcome. I don’t deny there’s lots of user generated content, but as AI content generators are becoming accessible to the general public I have to wonder how capable systems we don’t have access to could be, and how prevalent is their use.

If you don’t think it’s being used at all now, do you think that will change in the future?

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Those AI generators are publicly available. Do you think that represents the peak capabilities of AI to generate content right now for governments/military/corporations? I thought the general school of thought was those entities hold a higher tier of technology than the public has access to.

a reply to: JasonSlade

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I’ll have to let my lovebird know, the # at the bottom of the cage sure is though!

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Sadly friend? I believe it'll be even worse...more refined so we don't know what is real, or what is an illusion. In numbers,I'm guessing 5-10% percent may be fake...unless you consider those SIM world realistic looking war footage..yet fake.

Pretty real looking...peace✌️

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE

originally posted by: chr0naut

I’ll have to let my lovebird know, the # at the bottom of the cage sure is though!

Don't be fooled. They are just animatronic.

All that stuff on the floor of the cage is just assembled from oxygen chemistry working on the 'food' you put in the cage.

They are just spying on you, recording everything, and sending it to the GoD (the Governmental Overview Department).

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If that theory is correct how do we know that you're not ai generated?

top topics

join