It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Women's rights' petition outside Dollar General.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   
They were by the door, and asked if I wanted to sign the petition .
When I walked up I had no idea what it was about (though I worried ) and had no answer other than 'no thank you' .
I assumed that when I would leave they wouldn't ask again, but off course they did. I just said 'no , because it's silly'.

I had no proper answer as I wasn't really prepared.
I should have said 'no, as why should I expect special treatment when I want to be treated equally' ?
, or something of that nature.
There was a black guy with them as well. We all know that the same 'special treatment' is reserved for blacks as well.

I am white, and female in case it matters. All they are trying to do is divide people.
Similar in nature to so called 'equity, inclusion and diversity ' Marxists terms.
point out differences and hyper focus on them to divide and conquer.

Will wait a while before I'm back at DG

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Do you also see 'Marxism' is your Cheerios in the morning?
edit on 7-6-2023 by AngelHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelHeart

You won't be laughing by 2030. Oh wait! No, 'you will own nothing and be happy'

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Karen is that you???

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   
When you’re caught off guard ,it’s hard to come up with a good response…. By the way , it’s Kind of ironic that you said no heading into the store , and they asked again when you were coming out …. Meaning , as a woman your right to say “no “ wasn’t accepted the first time . So much for their women’s rights movement .

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wow, quality responses here. I thought we weren't supposed to attack people?

Anyhoo.

I guess I would have asked for more detail on what they were looking for, but yeah. Tired of all the "my group/gender/race is more oppressed than yours"

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Karen is that you???

Just like racist, homophobe, and sexist, Karen is starting to lose its punch. As a matter of fact, I support Karens and wish there were more of them. Regardless, the OP wasn't being a Karen, she was describing how annoying and childish your buddies are.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

There was a black guy with them as well. We all know that the same 'special treatment' is reserved for blacks as well.

I am white, and female in case it matters. All they are trying to do is divide people.
Similar in nature to so called 'equity, inclusion and diversity ' Marxists terms.

It sounds like they have already done a great job of achieving that goal.

They don't have to worry with dividing us anymore.

We took that ball and ran with it.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Karen is that you???

Typical response from someone with your agenda. You've been noted.

Like many, the rights' requested aren't for equality, it's for division... Most times, the tactics they use are the tactics they are vocally against. I choose not to get involved in a hypocrites mission. Ignore them, I would suggest.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ok wow. So I'm not allowed to describe the situation. You know damn well that blacks are a protected class now and can get away with more , than so called 'white privilige'. I'm not attacking anyone was just stating an observation.
If we can't speak about this we are self censoring btw

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"grow up and stop being a drama queen and over analyzing relationships" would have been the appropriate response but these idiots intentionally try to sneak attack you to get attention

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
ugly women yells at cloud out front of dollar store (lemme guess, blue haired trend setters with delusions of grandeur?)

more breaking news at 6

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Right there with you. Unfortunately, now you don't know what "women's rights" they're going for. Is it the ones the democrats are erasing by letting men into women's sports and women's awards, or was it a bunch of lefties just trying to divide?

Three years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about walking by, but today I'd stand out there with the ones wanting their rights back that the left have taken away, and I'm not even a woman.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelHeart

Why is Marxism her Cheerios?

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I would have at least asked what the petition is about. Perhaps they wanted to urge their governor to stop the division? Maybe it was a petition to acknowledge all lives matter? Maybe it was to urge lawmakers to put Biden out to pasture?

You'll never know.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I understood this as, making something socially benign seem like marxism?

The whole act is so stale and overplayed, you have to look at it more as an annoyance more than a form of marxism.

"get out of my way and go gripe to a Facebook group somewhere, your act is tired"

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

very good point. I think people just assume anything good natured is quickly shut down .such as the singing of the national anthem by kids. but you're right we will never know. unless they are doing this store wide? I could use a few dish sponges and some Tupperware. maybe an off brand iced tea and a balloon. im gonna go check it out...

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy
a reply to: LSU2018

I understood this as, making something socially benign seem like marxism?

The whole act is so stale and overplayed, you have to look at it more as an annoyance more than a form of marxism.

"get out of my way and go gripe to a Facebook group somewhere, your act is tired"

I played off of her failure to proofread, even after she'd edited her post once already. But you're still 100% correct.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I would have at least asked what the petition is about. Perhaps they wanted to urge their governor to stop the division? Maybe it was a petition to acknowledge all lives matter? Maybe it was to urge lawmakers to put Biden out to pasture?

You'll never know.

You can tell an antagonistic liberal protester from a protester who just wants what's right. If they had blue hair, smelled like vegemite and looked like they just rolled out of bed and haven't showered since February then you know they're not there for the right reasons.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ok wow. So I'm not allowed to describe the situation. You know damn well that blacks are a protected class now and can get away with more , than so called 'white privilige'. I'm not attacking anyone was just stating an observation.
If we can't speak about this we are self censoring btw

My post reflects what I took away from the situation you described. You posted that the problem was due to those creating a divide. And the next thing you posted was division. I never spoke of what you were, or were not, allowed to post. I only spoke to what you posted.

No. I don't know that Blacks are a protected class, and I have not found that to be true in my community. There are not many Blacks in my community, but I found that none of the stereotypes promoted in the media or on the internet have any truth in what I live and see everyday.

Your observations may be different. You think it is self censoring if you can't speak to what they see and believe. I too choose not to self censor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join