It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American reconnaissance Near Crimea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well, what about this? There's many more if you need it.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Prodiver
Is that supposed to be a Nazi symbol?

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prodiver
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well, what about this? There's many more if you need it.

Yeah, need something better than that, which doesn't even hide the fact that there is photoshopping going on in it. Could the swastika be photoshopped as well, just maybe? In any case it is a really sloppy one; doesn't show much respect to the cause.

As for the flag or banner they appear to be holding, it is the name of the Nazi newspaper from the Weimar Republic, but the creator of this image couldn't even get the date right; it should be 1920-1933, not "since 2016". And we know this wasn't done by Russians how?

Sure, Ukraine has had a Nazi problem with some of its militias, including the Azov Battalion, or so I have heard, but so do the Russians. Ever wonder why PMC Wagner has the name it does? Wagner was Hitler's favorite musician.

So yes, we could do with more and more convincing pictures to support the claim.

And yes, Nazis are bad, but what are people who are threatening nuclear attacks on multiple countries and blowing up major dams?

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Sure, everything is done by Russians and everything is Photoshopped.

Russia bad and Ukraine are saints.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Prodiver

How about it?

Some obvious photoshopping there.

What's the source?

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Deplorable

"I saw a news article today where the Ukrainian armed forces were pointedly asked to stop wearing Nazi symbols...."

You did?

Any chance of posting a link to it?

Thanks.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It’s a UAV.

Its not America's first time sending a UAV near Crimea.

You're right, it's not. They have been doing it daily since the war started. They are doing reconnaissance and providing intel to the good guys. Why the sudden concern? Are you afraid those filthy orcs are about to take another pounding? If so, then you have serious cause for concern...so does that 3rd rate Black Sea fleet.

Good guys? Because your country supports them?

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prodiver
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Sure, everything is done by Russians and everything is Photoshopped.

Russia bad and Ukraine are saints.

I said better photographic evidence is needed. And the shot obviously has been photoshopped to some degree at the very least. I said it well could've been done by Russians; I did not claim that it was definitely the Russians. I am just saying this one picture isn't convincing on its own that neo-Nazis are rife in the Ukrainian military. That is not at all what you are accusing me of saying. You make it out as if I am totally blinded by my bias, which isn't the case.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Took a look at the ZH article as well as the NYT article it referred to. All the pics were of close-ups from the side of the helmet, so you couldn't even identify the person wearing it. Are the photos legit? Maybe, maybe not. The big lead picture in the NYT article claims the Ukrainian soldier has a SS Totenkopf patch, but I blew the picture up and could not see definitive proof of it. Why not a zoomed-in picture to show it definitively. Not very convincing stuff.

But hey, the US Marines, and thereby the whole US military, clearly have a Nazi problem as well:

US Marine sniper unit photographed with 'Nazi SS' flag

I tend to believe pictures of a unit of troops displaying one or more symbols, like the one in the article I sourced, rather than a close-up of the side of a helmet on a soldier that one cannot even identify the uniform of.

Here is a picture of DNR troops, one of whom clearly does have the SS Totenkopf symbol:

Twitter Pic

Here's an article about mercenaries and militia of various countries having Nazi-like symbology on their uniforms:

The White Power Mercenaries Fighting For the Lost Cause Around the World

I don't doubt that this issue applies to some of the territorial units or mercenaries fighting for the Ukrainians. But to make it a one-sided/black-and-white matter is being disingenuous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join