It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom shot, killed by neighbor amid long-standing feud over her children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

OCALA, Fla. - A Florida mom was shot and killed over the weekend after confronting a neighbor who reportedly confronted the woman's children amid a long-standing "neighborhood feud," Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods told reporters on Monday.

Sheriff Woods said prior to the shooting there was an incident between the neighbor and Owens' children. Wood said the specifics of that incident – whether it was an argument, a fight, or something else – was still under investigation, but it appears that the neighbor threw a pair of skates toward the children, and a child was hit.

Sheriff Woods said the interaction between the neighbor and Owens was "aggressive," possibly involving banging on doors and/or threats being made. However, he said those details were still being investigated.

Renowned civil rights attorney Ben Crump and attorney Anthony D. Thomas have been retained by the Owens Family. They held a news conference at 3 p.m. to demand that the alleged shooter be identified and arrested.

[...]

Full story here

As usual, before the facts can even begin to come out, the family has Crump and the NAACP demanding the shooter be identified and arrested and are trying to turn this into a matter of race. The GoFundMe that the mom set up claims the mother's death was a hate crime even though the two had been feuding for 2.5 years. It also claims one of Owen's kids left an iPad on the shooter's lawn and the shooter threw it at the kid and the screen cracked when the kid was hit. I can't find that version of the story anywhere else though. The attorneys also want to question the kids and get their version of what happened, or more likely, tell them what to say. The stories are all over the place right now, another claims the kids were playing in her yard while another claims they were in a field and the neighbor was made because the kids were in a field playing. Nothing adds up.

Once again, this whole thing loses credibility when the family gets all the race hustlers involved. We'll know more as the facts come out. I also don't believe the neighbor screams racial slurs at the kids, white people really aren't what the left and other race hustlers make them out to be. We don't go around calling black people racial slurs, and cops don't go around looking for black people to kill.
edit on 6-6-2023 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 6 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed large quote

edit on Wed Jun 7 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: was : Black mom shot, killed by White neighbor amid long-standing feud over her children ---using source title now

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Actually, there's no reason to NOT BELIEVE racial epithets were made. But believe asyou like, it doesn't matter what either of us believe. Reality is manufactured by the government's chosen people and the MSM, truth being the first casualty of war.

So........Cry Havoc, let slip the dogs of war.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Actually, there's no reason to NOT BELIEVE racial epithets were made. But believe asyou like, it doesn't matter what either of us believe. Reality is manufactured by the government's chosen people and the MSM, truth being the first casualty of war.

It'll only get worse until we shut the media down, and all these race hustlers on all sides.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

"It's going to be the 'wild, wild west' in Florida," he said. "They're going to kill us, right and left, unless something is done about this situation."

While I agree this is a tragedy and appalling, adding idiots to the fire will only stoke the flame. I'm so tired of this "Them and US" undertones in everything. Last I remember, we were still the HUMAN race.

Sounds like the white lady might have some prison time coming her way. Bad decisions when a gun is involved are far worse.
edit on CDT0306bAmerica/ChicagoTue, 06 Jun 2023 14:03:58 -050013 by Timber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We had a long-standing 'feud' with a neighbor over refusing to obey the leash law with his very aggressive dog, which he actually sicked on me one time.

We're both white, but if he had called me the 'N' word would it have been a racial crime?

The 'N' word is sometimes used as a supreme insult between two white folk, just as 'honky' is used by two POC. Ethnicity has far less to do with deplorable human behavior than the talking heads would have us believe.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The throwing of the iPad was mentioned by the police in an article I read the other day. It also mentioned they had to investigate to see if shooting someone through your front door qualifies as stand your ground.

There was another incident in Florida last week where a man pulled a gun on a couple who pulled into his driveway to back up. He was arrested.

Not sure if it's the home insurance price increases, all the sargassum sea weed floating in or what, but sure seems to be some angry suburban people.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

The throwing of the iPad was mentioned by the police in an article I read the other day. It also mentioned they had to investigate to see if shooting someone through your front door qualifies as stand your ground.

There was another incident in Florida last week where a man pulled a gun on a couple who pulled into his driveway to back up. He was arrested.

Not sure if it's the home insurance price increases, all the sargassum sea weed floating in or what, but sure seems to be some angry suburban people.

Yeah I've seen several different versions of the story between CNN, ABC, Fox, etc., and decided to go with the local news there. None of the stories really add up so I'm hoping we'll hear something soon with more details.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Actually, there's no reason to NOT BELIEVE racial epithets were made.

sure enough the children probably told her shut up your old honky bytch cracker ass up taunting here daily, that's more than likely why a pair skates got chunked at them. bet ya that this wasn't the first the children were playing on her property, and told to leave, and this time momma went down showing her a@@.

see it can go both ways.

edit on 6-6-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: TonyS

Actually, there's no reason to NOT BELIEVE racial epithets were made.

sure enough the children probably told her shut up your old honky bytch cracker ass up taunting here daily, that's more than likely a why skate got chunked at them. bet ya that this wasn't the first the children were playing on her property, and told to leave and this time momma went down showing her a@@.

see it can go both ways.

Good point. I figured something came up missing and they were called thieves or something. She could have called them "stupid kids" and it would be enough for Crump and the NAACP to claim they were called racial slurs. An elderly white man was punched by a black cashier at a Dunkin Donuts a few years ago. Cashier said he did it because he was called a racial slur, turns out, the elderly white man told him he was lazy. Anyone who has been to a coffee shop or fast food place can attest that the kids working there are usually lazy, it's not just black people like the cashier thought.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

race hustlers

ever since trayvon martian, crump has been at the beginning of the race baiting. might not be the one that goes to court but he always standing in the back ground somewhere.

jesse jackson and al sharpton got nothn on race baiter ben crump.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
We had a long-standing 'feud' with a neighbor over refusing to obey the leash law with his very aggressive dog, which he actually sicked on me one time.

We're both white, but if he had called me the 'N' word would it have been a racial crime?

The 'N' word is sometimes used as a supreme insult between two white folk, just as 'honky' is used by two POC. Ethnicity has far less to do with deplorable human behavior than the talking heads would have us believe.

Oh definitely southern neighbor feuds happen all the time and it has nothing to do with race. My mom and the old lady next door used to fuss and fight and it wasn't just cause of her kids. We had a cinder block wall with a chainlink fence on top that separated our 2 yards We kids climbed the cinder block wall on our side about 4 feet high and cling to the fence and moved down to where our rope swing was and swing for hours. All the while the lady's next-door pit bull would go bug chit jumping up and snapping at our fingers. We didn't do it to piss her off, we were just playing in our backyard. But damn they would get going sometimes at 7 in the morning on a Saturday, Get your kids off the fence, They can play on the fence it's in our yard too. But it's driving Butch crazy...Well then put Butch up for a while my kids can play in their own backyard.... and they would be off for a while, then it would simmer down and then the TV would be too loud or some other BS

LOL thankfully my Dad and her husband thought both of the women were being ridiculous and they were, but it didn't stop the women from feuding fairly regularly
edit on 6-6-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The next time a person of color attacks, harms, kills a caucasian person of no color, then caucasians should rob and loot a Hobby Lobby or a Bed, Bath & Beyond.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It'll only get worse until we shut the media down, and all these race hustlers on all sides.

None of the stories really add up so I'm hoping we'll hear something soon with more details.

one post you want to shut the media down then in your next post you want to hear more, perhaps thats why the media still exists, if people still consume it

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

race hustlers

ever since trayvon martian, crump has been at the beginning of the race baiting. might not be the one that goes to court but he always standing in the back ground somewhere.

jesse jackson and al sharpton got nothn on race baiter ben crump.

Yeah he's always got his dirty paws involved in anything where a black person might be a victim of a hate crime. I believe Anthony Thomas is trying to make a name for himself as well, he was involved (with Crump) in the last victimhood that fell through.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The next time a person of color attacks, harms, kills a caucasian person of no color, then caucasians should rob and loot a Hobby Lobby or a Bed, Bath & Beyond.

We can't, the Bed Bath & Beyonds are closing down. We can loot Bath and Body Works though, my wife loves their expensive candles and gift baskets.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

None of the stories really add up so I'm hoping we'll hear something soon with more details.

one post you want to shut the media down then in your next post you want to hear more, perhaps thats why the media still exists, if people still consume it

But it's not shut down like I want, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This kind of thing happens often for a large range of reasons neighbors hate eachother and it turns deadly it makes local news everyone forgets the next day

Only reason we hear about it is because its Florida expect every little thing from Florida that's bad to be on national news for the next year
edit on 6-6-2023 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't find it hard to believe either.

Almost every site you go to, you will see racial slurs all over the place. Even here, you will see scantily veiled racial comments and slurs made, they fall right on the line of the rules.

Racial divide and hatred is fertilized on the internet. I avoid it on the internet, and I avoid it in real life. I just don't have the time and energy to spare.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I felt so bad for Trayvon Martin. My take was he was killed by a Rambo wannabe (wasn’t that killer a security guard)?, and not an actual police officer.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

trayvon was a thug. he circled back around after he got to his dad's aptment and was going to and did jump zimmer man.
his girl friend even said so on the stand. said she told to go inside and not go back to where zimmer man was.

edit on 6-6-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join