It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Richard Dawkins-There are only two biological sexes and that's all there is to it

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Jorge1986s

Keys words being: society considers .

Thank you.

Yeah, that's the crux of the problem here in a nutshell.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Physically, it does not matter what the person thinks. The body is either male or female.

If you are basing “The Body”, purely on chromosomes or gametes, which is pretty reductive and simplistic, then your argument falls apart in the face of some people’s lived experience.

Hypothetically, a male that has undergone penectomy, orchiectomy, vaginoplasty, clitoroplasty, labiaplasty and has undergone years of the administration of exogenous estrogen or an estrogen/progesterone combo resulting in typical female fat distributions, loss of muscle mass and development of breast tissue among other possible procedures like chondrolaryngoplasty (tracheal shave), facial feminization surgery and breast augmentation, you can’t actually claim “their body” exactly fits into the either male or female category unless you resort to things only observable under a microscope. For all practical and utilitarian purposes including those of a sociosexual nature and by external examination, this person is female to a greater degree.

Add in those who have undergone puberty suppression who do not develop natal secondary sex characteristics and those that lived socially from childhood or early adolescence in an opposite sex/gender role, drawing a hard line between what is male and what is female or what is a woman isn’t as clear cut and dried as you would like it to be.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: linda72

by they do understand online garbage n there is plenty of it -

You've certainly posted plenty of it.....cough cough Matt Walsh cough cough...

Do you have any evidence sex isn't binary? If yes then presented

Done and done again and again. Already posted for your reading pleasure, all throughout this thread of yours.

If you have any evidence sex isn't of a binary nature you should be able to provide it- you've asked me what binary means even though it's so simple n enclosed in the title of this thread-

dictionary.cambridge.org...

binary=relating to or consisting of two things, in which everything is either one thing or the other

Pr Richard Dawkins : There are only two biological sexes and that's all there is to it-
Pr Richard Dawkins : sex is not like that-sex is binary

Dr Colin Wright (evolutionary biologist at Penn State, USA) and Dr Emma Hilton (developmental biologist at the University of Manchester, UK)

fairplayforwomen.com...

No third type of sex cell exists in humans, and therefore there is no sex “spectrum” or additional sexes beyond male and female. Sex is binary.

More than conclusive-if you have any evidence of an additional sex then it's all yours -waiting to hear the news- to remind you intersex refers to a distinct number of conditions n isn't a spectrum-

edit on 17-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

you've asked me what binary means even though it's so simple n enclosed in the title of this thread-

No I didn't.

if you have any evidence of an additional sex then it's all yours

I never claimed there are other human sexes. I said, and provided multiple sources to back up my statement, that sex is not binary. There are numerous human examples of non-binary expression, genetically, physically and social constructs, as already provided in this thread.

edit on 17-6-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Sook he's playing with you, give it up.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

you've asked me what binary means even though it's so simple n enclosed in the title of this thread-

No I didn't.

if you have any evidence of an additional sex then it's all yours

I never claimed there are other human sexes. I said, and provided multiple sources to back up my statement, that sex is not binary. There are numerous human examples of non-binary expression, genetically, physically and social constructs, as already provided in this thread.

You have zero sources-

if sex in not binary then there must be another sex- there isn't -

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

LOL

non·bi·na·ry
ADJECTIVE
not relating to, composed of, or involving just two things:
"Aristotelian ontology is nonbinary on the second level in that it allows for degrees of being"

There is "being" and "not being", and then there are degrees of being. It's the same with sexual expression. There is "male" and "female" and then there are degrees of male and female.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

LOL

non·bi·na·ry
ADJECTIVE
not relating to, composed of, or involving just two things:
"Aristotelian ontology is nonbinary on the second level in that it allows for degrees of being"

There is "being" and "not being", and then there are degrees of being. It's the same with sexual expression. There is "male" and "female" and then there are degrees of male and female.

In biological science there are not degrees of male n female- n there is no sex spectrum -

Dr Colin Wright (evolutionary biologist at Penn State, USA) and Dr Emma Hilton (developmental biologist at the University of Manchester, UK)

No third type of sex cell exists in humans, and therefore there is no sex “spectrum” or additional sexes beyond male and female. Sex is binary.

In activism you can claim what you want but it doesn't make it true- it just exposes the argument made-

edit on 17-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

In biological science there are not degrees of male n female- n there is no sex spectrum -

The very fact that intersex people exist belies your assertion. Plus, there's the fact homosexuals also exist, and that homosexuality isn't a choice, they are born that way.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The very fact that intersex people exist belies your assertion. Plus, there's the fact homosexuals also exist, and that homosexuality isn't a choice, they are born that way.

They are the extremes of the bell curve.

I don’t deny their existence. I deny that they are normal and I know they are not what was intended.

I’m not denying their right to life, love and happiness.

I’m denying the need to choke th public and children with a false ideology.
edit on 17-6-2023 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

ah the old intersex comment. Still doesn’t change the fact only a sperm and egg create new life- the function of biological sex.

What you decide to screw isn’t your identity, very odd that so many cannot see that. P

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE

ah the old intersex comment. Still doesn’t change the fact only a sperm and egg create new life- the function of biological sex.

What you decide to screw isn’t your identity, very odd that so many cannot see that. P

Wrong. Observable nature belies the whole premise of Dawkins' theory of evolution so obviously his theories were all in his head. It's just a matter of time when we discover how to create life without the need for sperm.

Parthenogenesis may help animal populations persist when the number of males dips or disappears. “I’ve envisioned a lone female lizard or snake washing away in a hurricane and washing up on an island somewhere,” Innis said.

Or, according to Booth, it may just be “a very ancient trait.”

And it may be the future.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on q00000056630America/Chicago2020America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Thanks or acknowledging the curve.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ITSALIVE

What does decide one's identity?

Look, humans don't need procreation as an excuse to have sex. It's fun and it feels good. Besides, most human sex doesn't result in procreation.

edit on 18-6-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

I don’t deny their existence. I deny that they are normal and I know they are not what was intended.

The ideology is only false because you choose it to be as it aligns with your indoctrination and bias (I don't say this as an insult because we all are biased but to different extents). I don't see how anyone can choke on any ideology when it is readily dismissed without merit in the first place. It seems like the easier and most confirming road to take than trying to understand another's experiences in life and even if some of them do have mental issues, there is no empathy, no respect and no tolerance; Christian values on display?

I listen to the LGBTQ people's explanations of what they are experiencing and I know that it could very well be due to mental issues/false beliefs/lifestyle/identity choices, but it could also be due to actual environmental/brain structure differences/in vitro hormonal/chemical differences etc.

I will keep on reading and researching the conclusions of those experts that are actually studying transgender and other LGBTQ people's and others that are heterosexual, but what those doctors/scientists term on the 'spectrum'. These terms don't come from us, they come from the scientific and medical communities who are in the trenches.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

the fact developmental genetic disorders (intersex) exist doesn't prove there is a third sex- or sex is a spectrum or there are degrees of being male and female- spectrums n degrees of being male n female are part of the vocabulary not used in biological sciences but activism-

To remind you

Dr Wright n Dr Hilton together with Richard Dawkins in a few sentences refute the claims made-
edit on 24-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE

Intersex is a medical condition/genetic disorder used by the gender movement-unsuccessfully- to claim there is a third sex on some occasions- when this doesn't work--it is claimed sex is a spectrum n intersex shows it- or it shows there are degrees of being male n female- all these claims lack scientific substance n have been repeatedly refuted- take a look at my last post where a number of scientists debunk the claims in a few sentences-

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

It's not a bell curve-

These are genetic developmental disorders within the sex binary-

There is no third type of sex cell - no third chromosome- sex is binary-

Strongly agree with you on the part about the false n baseless ideology -

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This thread is now closed.

All discussion regarding this topic may be had here.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join