It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of two spends $106,000 to become 6 inches taller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
georgialawnews.com...

A father-of-two has had limb lengthening surgery to increase his height from 6′ to almost 6′ after deciding his legs were ‘too short’ for his body and is hoping to expand 86,000 pounds “on top” ($106,600) The procedure has fully healed.Brian Sanchez, 33, a mortgage broker who lives in Georgia in the United States with his wife Nidia, 30, and their daughters Kaisley, two, and Kairi, six, felt in January 2022 that his body was “out of proportion.” may be. and he looked like “like a giant thumb”.After doing some research, he discovered that he could have limb lengthening surgery in Turkey to reach his ideal height, and when he saw that he thought, “Okay, I guess that’s what I’ll do.”

In addition to his physical appearance, Brian’s main reasons for wanting the surgery were to improve his weightlifting goals at the gym and being about nine inches taller than his wife so they are no longer “almost eye-to-eye.”

Brian had his first surgery in December 2022, breaking his tibia and fibula, inserting a rod into the bones and securing it with screws. In March 2023, he underwent a second femur lengthening procedure.To recover, Brian had to sit in the wheelchair four times a day and turn the screws with an Allen wrench, but when he fully recovers he says the pain will be “worth it” as he can “enjoy it, bigger.” to be”.In February 2023, the external fixators on his tibia were removed and he was about three inches taller.

In March 2023 he underwent the second operation, which cost him an additional 65,000 euros (£56,000) to perform the same procedure on his femur.

It's true you can become taller in some cases if you want to and if you are healthy enough-but what is the real cost? And I don't mean the financial cost of operations n recovery-with the cost to be around $106,000 but I am sure there are more costs related to recovery n extras-What are the benefits n harms of these operations? I know there are a lot of people who are not happy with their height n this is a common conversation especially among young people-but if you had the money n the idea in your head would you go ahead n try to get a few more inches?
edit on 6-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: linda72

His lack of self-esteem is worth that much, plus the chemical cocktail of pain his insides are, nevermind the brain damage.

Nerds at the local cosplay convention could give muh skunk works a shudder with that cash.
Vanity.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

What a massive sense of insecurity and self-loathing that dude must live with. That $106,000 would have been much better spent on therapy.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

What a massive sense of insecurity and self-loathing that dude must live with. That $106,000 would have been much better spent on therapy.

It could be a few things-one is definitely insecurity

But does it worth the risk? I mean the health risk.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Definitely not where most men would add 6 inches.....

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Or a shorter wife 🤣

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Or a shorter wife 🤣

With resulting alimony and child support, that might end up costing more than the procedure.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

As much as I think this is ridiculous, this is just on par to all the crap women are doing.

Nobody seems to be happy with who they are anymore.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

As much as I think this is ridiculous, this is just on par to all the crap women are doing.

I agree.

Nobody thinks of the price needs to be paid for all these unnecessary operations

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And that's what they do
The bastards make you
Not want to look like you
So you pay through the nose
To look like someone else
To all the weirdos on the shelf

Love yourself.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Vanity is right, right through the roof. Actually floor, wrong direction.

100K+ to be taller than your wife?

How about a trade in? Or out?

Im confused. But darn tooting happy being so...

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

A father-of-two has had limb lengthening surgery to increase his height from 6′ to almost 6′

Journalism sure has gotten sloppy; they don't ever seem to proof read what they write anymore. 6' to 6'....lol

I worked with a guy that broke his leg in a drag racing crash, leaving one leg 3" shorter than the other. He had surgery to correct the difference, although IIRC he had 3" taken off the 'good' leg, leaving him even shorter than his original 5'6" height.

The world has split into two kids of people; those who live life by focusing on the 'wrapping' and feeding their base animal instincts, and those who focus on the content, feeding their spiritual nature. The window dressing faction seems to be leading the pack.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Pass the eye bleach!

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
if you take human growth hormones during puberty.
1-4 inches taller.

anyone can do it.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Imagine going to sleep after bringing one of them home, in their fake mode.
Then waking up to the real thing.
Probably the worst thing that would ever happen to someone.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I wonder how much refund he will get when he realizes his weightlifting goals suffer from this.. Shorter people lift better.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
1-4 inches taller.

anyone can do it.

Simply going full carnivore and eating lots of fatty red meat will do it too...

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
1-4 inches taller.

anyone can do it.

Simply going full carnivore and eating lots of fatty red meat will do it too...

i doubt it if you are over 25

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: linda72
a reply to: tanstaafl
i doubt it if you are over 25

I know you are (very) wrong...

top topics

join