It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello My Fellow Earthicans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Greetings and salutations! Allow me to introduce myself. I began lurking on this wonderful site back in 2009 and started an account in 2017 under the name “ZombieZygote”. At some point, the Social Media login process was corrupted and I lost access to that account. I spent the next few years continuing to lurk daily, disheartened by the shallow political propaganda repository that it has unfortunately become. I digress, however.

I grew up in the Seattle area, living in its quiet suburbs from the early nineties, through my time living smack in the center of downtown in 2012 to 2015, on up until my departure last year. I now reside in Utah.

I have always had an inquisitive mind, and a renegade way of thinking. I have always been one to buck societal norms, questioning everything yet believing nothing. From a very young age I often thought that this world is one of the silliest, most preposterous things that could possibly exist. It simply didn’t make sense to me. Things like history, organized religion, generally accepted scientific consensus regarding nearly everything, Big Bang Theory, macro-evolution, the model of the universe, what stars and planets actually are, vaccines, etc.. I suppose this may have something to do with my upbringing. No father present, a mother that was never around, older sisters that hated me. These conditions seem to have inculcated many years of lonely introspection within myself, free from the standard practice of persistent familial reinforcement of society’s lies, which long ago become truth to the parents and is passed on to the children.

I am fond of martial arts, having done Taekwondo from a young age and attaining the rank of 4th degree black belt. I competed in national tournaments, several times placing 1st in Forms and Free Sparring. At one time I was quite proficient at playing the guitar, having founded and been in several metal bands in my late teens/early 20’s. I don’t play currently, but I always tell myself that I will get back into it.

I am looking forward to being an active participant in this community again. I hope that you all have a great night!

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jorge1986s

Welcome back!
Seattle is also my beginning; earliest years in Ballard, on to Edmonds, Lynnwood and Briar. Some time in Mountlake Terrace and Everett, then onward and upward until finally landing in the Idaho Panhandle.

I went back to Ballard in 2006 to be with my daughter for the birth of her first child; boy, what a culture shock! I don't miss the busy pace one bit!

I look forward to your contribution in the coming days!

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Welcome back to a previous Above Top Secretian.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   
welcome back

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Earthican? Earth i can? I certainly hope so. Welcome back.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The political propaganda conspiracy is why ATS] exists. Probably illithid. We're the good guys.
Well, better than bad is good!
Welcome back.

Hey, there's an ATS Short Story contest going on, and if you're lyrically inclined, you may be interested in entering. Some of the members are blessed with a story telling technique that, in my opinion, could be put to music.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Welcome back!
Seattle is also my beginning; earliest years in Ballard, on to Edmonds, Lynnwood and Briar. Some time in Mountlake Terrace and Everett, then onward and upward until finally landing in the Idaho Panhandle.

I went back to Ballard in 2006 to be with my daughter for the birth of her first child; boy, what a culture shock! I don't miss the busy pace one bit!

I look forward to your contribution in the coming days!

A fellow Seattle-ite! I grew up mostly in Bothell, Woodinville and Lynnwood. Ballard and Edmonds were always really neat areas. It really is a shame what has happened to Seattle, it was such a beautiful, friendly and vibrant city while I was growing up. Now it is a sprawling mass of tents, homeless people, trash, drug paraphernalia, and smells strongly of urine and fecal matter.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Welcome back.

Cead Mile Failte. I say that to all newbies.

Its Irish for a hundred thousand welcomes. An Irish greeting.

Slainte

new topics

top topics

join