It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing Apple Vision Pro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just revealed the Apple Vision Pro is Apple's first mixed reality headset , have to say it looks cool but at $3,500 it's a play thing for the rich.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
As cool as it is…I see a world of addicts and a loss of so many possibilities yet to be unlocked in our own minds .

Again, looks like a lot of fun.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I’d just be happy if they made a decent phone I could use. All of their oled screens give me headaches so I’m stuck with either the se2022 or an iPhone 11!!

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Chuckles55
I still use the 11 pro max, scratched screen from keys and everything 😉

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Just revealed the Apple Vision Pro is Apple's first mixed reality headset , have to say it looks cool but at $3,500 it's a play thing for the rich.

I love stuff like this, not gonna lie I could make a cool as-hell sales presentation video or keynote presentation

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

60 years ago parents told their kids don't sit too close to the tv because it will damage your eyes and rot your brain. 60 years later parents are buying their kids video displays that are strapped around their face.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
IMO it doesn't even look cool, and is ridiculous in every way.

Their entire thought/decision process here is a bit concerning...

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
youtu.be...

That is all...

edit on 6 5 2023 by cre8chaos because: I was like..... I should add somethin!

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Definitely some cool tech.

Out of my disposable income price range for something like that because I’m not sure how actually useful it is (to me, anyway).

As far as using apps is concerned, I don’t fully understand the selling point. I think the beauty of apps on phones is that it’s easy to take with me. I have a relatively long train commute and it’s nice to be able to check the news or watch a movie simply by sliding my phone out of my pocket. I could never imagine dragging this thing around.

When I’m at home, I barely even use my phone and if there are some photos I want to show someone, I just sync to the television.

That bit about being able to see someone in the room…. I refuse to ever talk to someone who is wearing that thing on their face. Sorry, call me old fashioned.

I wouldn’t spend that kind of money on this thing but I’m glad it’s out there. Sort of like televisions, the flat screens were once incredibly expensive but now anyone can afford them. So in a few years I could see myself buying one as a gift for my wife or kids so they can play with it on Christmas morning for a few hours (before putting it somewhere to collect dust).

top topics

join