It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The grace of understanding sin.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Understanding sin leads to accepting other people for who they are.

It makes you a helping being touching people as a light comforting people making them feel accepted and appreciated.

Sin makes you try to control the situation, you resist and attach, you desire and obstruct instead of letting go what is not good for you. You were born having knowledge of good and evil and wish to rule reality with it. When you become all accepting you do not bring frustration and your freedom manifests this compassion and this compassion manifests your freedom.

Understanding sin makes you hold back from pointing your finger and casting a stone, you do not desire punishment but you accept reality and that manifests your freedom which in turn manifests accepting reality.

From I know therefore I am to I accept therefore I bring light and by bringing light I make myself humble.
edit on 4-6-2023 by Untun because: spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ok.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The Bible teaches that some sins are more corrosive than others. Like all acids are corrosive and will eventually have a negative effect, but some will affect negatively more quickly and more destructively than others, so all sin leads to perdition, though some are more evident and more immediately destructive than others.

1 Timothy 5:24
The sins of some people are conspicuous, going before them to judgment, but the sins of others appear later.

Realising that we are all sinners does call for compassion and understanding, but it is neither compassionate nor understanding to watch people walk into plain condemnation and not sound a warning. It is neither compassionate nor understanding to ignore one's race to self-destruction.

Jude 22-23
And have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.

When rebellious people raise a defiant fist in God's face and exalt themselves as their own law-giver, flaunting their perversion with hubris and pride, we are moving into a different phase. (See Romans 1:18-32)

The is a point where a "perfect hatred" is justified.

Psalm 139:19-22
19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete (perfect) hatred;
I count them my enemies.

This perfect hatred is not one based on personal feelings or distaste, but a deep sense of offense at their rejection of God and of everything good. It doesn't even mean that one wishes evil on them, though one may pray that they either come to true repentance or fall under divine judgment as a sign and a warning to others.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I count them my enemies

“We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5).

We should return everything to God considering "I count them my enemies" as the moving on in life without sinning knowing God, knowing God knows His enemies and friends.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You are on the right path ...

But if you are still using terms like "sin", you have yet to see the true nature of what lays beneath

"Sin" is a term of personal and individual judgement. Which is a condition of things like environment and circumstance

You need to look beyond this

Let go of the need to analyze things in definitive terms

There is no such thing as Good and Evil

There is Love
There is Pain

Everything else that is used to judge or define people or their actions, arises from one of these two

From which, people then measure themselves, erroneously, against such terms

"Am I good or bad?"
"This feels wrong. Is it bad?"
"This feels right. Why do they say it is bad?"

People start to calculate emotion. Instead of feeling it

While the mind focuses on judging or defining things in terms like good, evil, or "sin", it blocks the heart from seeing and understanding love and pain instinctually

Good, evil, sin, etc are the actions

Pain and love are the basis of what is felt. From which all our actions are born

No need to complicate it

Simplify your reasoning and you are spot on
edit on 6 6 23 by Compendium because: Fixed bold and bracketing

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

That's an interesting post I am considering, difficult for me but interesting. I'm having problems looking at concepts of it in an objective matter.

Since the intelligence of right and wrong can differ from person to person and considering a harmful action sin we can all have different ideas of what is harmful.

When someone baked me a cake I enjoyed very much I say well done. When someone steals my bed I'd say sin. There's a court because some things are not allowed and there's a neighborhood with the basics for life because you can live there.

I don't think it's wrong.. hmm

If you're saying, as how I would describe it and I don't feel negative about, I should become a drone, a slave as well as a brother of God in the sense that I just go on about with life in submission of His comfort creating reality according His delightful will.

I can't make sense here.

I'm very aware of a conflict I am experiencing I find myself suffering from for years now. Someone tries to point out something with harmful intentions, it's been years now and all I could think of over the course of time is, well, it's harmful. I suffer it everywhere and it's not negotionable.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
a reply to: Compendium

I'm very aware of a conflict I am experiencing I find myself suffering from for years now. Someone tries to point out something with harmful intentions, it's been years now and all I could think of over the course of time is, well, it's harmful. I suffer it everywhere and it's not negotionable.

It has sadistic features and here lies the mystery "it does what I do".

It stopped me in my way and here I am, a half man expecting a cookie instead of all you can think of to receive.

I'm not part of the band but you can hear my story here: ml6.in...
edit on 6-6-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Root cause of all sins are desires. Buddha said, "If you sleep, desire grows in you Like a vine in the forest. Like a monkey in the forest you jump from tree to tree, never finding the fruit. From life to life, never finding peace. If you are filled with desire, your sorrows swell Like the grass after the rain. But if you subdue desire. Your sorrows shall fall from you like drops of water from a lotus flower."
edit on 6-6-2023 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Root cause of all sins are desires.

Sins are desires causing roots. Roots cause sin to desire. Desires sin roots of causes.

If that's the case we must be desiring against something or someone knowing better.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun

Consider, when a person uses drugs, they feel happy. When the drugs no longer work, they feel pain. The ego-mind is repulsed by pain, so desires more drugs, to alleviate that pain. Not realizing, its the drugs themselves, that cause the pain. That is the nature of the serpent. Our ego-mind tries to alleviate its perceived pain in existing, by continually seeking more and more pleasures, continual chasing sensational bliss of the apple.

top topics

join