It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biden admin is Preapring to Sanction Uganda Over Anti LGBT Law.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The Biden admin and Liberals are complaining that Uganda had passed recently a anti LGBT law.
The Biden admin are now preparing to place Sanctions agaisnt Uganda over their Anti LGBT law.

Not a single MSM outlet nor anyone in the Biden admin had being complaining about the anti LGBT laws agaisnt the LGBT communities in the Middle East or the certain killings of LGBT minorities by ME dictators.

Biden calls for repeal of Uganda’s anti-gay law, threatens sanctions

“This shameful Act is the latest development in an alarming trend of human rights abuses and corruption in Uganda. The dangers posed by this democratic backsliding are a threat to everyone residing in Uganda, including U.S. government personnel, the staff of our implementing partners, tourists, members of the business community, and others,” Biden wrote after lawmakers passed the law, which Uganda’s president subsequently signed into law.

(post by Allaroundyou removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   
what needs to be eliminated/cancelled is that weird social credit rating place that seems to value a business's preference to sell to gay people as their number one criterium

who the hell would listen to a company like that. Are we in grade school. they can take a hike

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Salamandy

I'm so confused! What's a bike race have to do with the subject matter?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
The Biden admin and Liberals are complaining that Uganda had passed recently a anti LGBT law.
The Biden admin are now preparing to place Sanctions agaisnt Uganda over their Anti LGBT law.

Not a single MSM outlet nor anyone in the Biden admin had being complaining about the anti LGBT laws agaisnt the LGBT communities in the Middle East or the certain killings of LGBT minorities by ME dictators.

“This shameful Act is the latest development in an alarming trend of human rights abuses and corruption in Uganda. The dangers posed by this democratic backsliding are a threat to everyone residing in Uganda, including U.S. government personnel, the staff of our implementing partners, tourists, members of the business community, and others,” Biden wrote after lawmakers passed the law, which Uganda’s president subsequently signed into law.

Probably because the Ugandan law calls for life in prison for gays. A bit harsh, IMHO.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

yes let us place sanctions on an already crippled African nation full of starving people because it's government passed an anti-LGBTQ law that it's people have no control over.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Do we place sanctions on Saudi Arabia or any Muslim country for anti LGBTQ laws or only poor Christian countries like Uganda?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

yes let us place sanctions on an already crippled African nation full of starving people because it's government passed an anti-LGBTQ law that it's people have no control over.

Low hanging fruit.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

A little confused ...
Just sayin.....

That's how I read your post...

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Virtue-signalling liberals love their virtue-signalling President.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: vNex92

Probably because the Ugandan law calls for life in prison for gays. A bit harsh, IMHO.

As opposed to other nations, who just have us stoned to death or thrown off a building but they have things we want so they get a pass...

Hypocrisy much?

edit on 000000006America/Chicago6pmSat, 03 Jun 2023 22:07:39 -050007 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Work on your reading comprehension.
And if you actually read all the stuff this user says and never back a single claim you would understand why I said that.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Uganda is an insignificant 3rd world nation. Uganda refuses to comply with NWO dictates. Uganda MUST comply.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Every country has the right to govern themselves and follow their beliefs as long as they do not go against international laws and regulations. If other countries do not want to give the lgbt people extra rights that many of their own citizens do not have even if they are straight, that is their choice.

This administration should not be shoving their beliefs down the throats of other countries. The Biden administration with their like minded picks by Biden can dictate us, but they should not be forcing other countries to follow suit. They can make mild recommendations, but not punish other countries if they do not bow down to them. I can see Europe and lots of other countries condemning the actions of the USA because of those overzealous liberal ways.

What the Biden administration is doing is to force compliance of the majority for maybe ten percent of the population, in the near future the vast majority will revolt against this administration as their rights and beliefs are trampled and this majority will then go after that minority group. I have some friends that are gay, they do not want to have society start hating them because they are forced into it. This is bad for the LGBT people, they do not want to have our government stir up an overwhelming amount of straights against them because they are trying to force that majority to give the LGBT extra rights that they themselves do not have.

Change should be implemented slowly and cautiously, not throw a lot at one time into the mix and force everyone to eat the result. This kind of thing has happened many times in history and it never turned out right. These people that are LGBT have equal rights to us, some are bashing the majority and are not getting in trouble, but if anyone straight says something bad about the LGBT group, they are punished. Wait till the people who are straight people find out they have lost their rights...it will not be good and I would bet that even the gay people will go after the politicians that made them a target of hate.

Just my opinion, knowing some gay people I know the ones I know just want to get along with everyone except a few that would love to seize power over everyone...the vast majority of these LGBT people need to speak up and say that what the liberals are doing is not right because it might put a target on their back. I only know a couple of people who are transgender and neither of them benefitted by doing it, sure they did get a little better feeling at first, but that wore off and they are stuck with a lot of bills and inconvenience now.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

The darker they are, the worse the Biden admin treats them.

It was obvious with Haitians being separated from Hispanics after crossing the border, and being returned to Haiti.

The sanctions against the Very Dark Skinned UGANDANS is additional evidence.

Joe Biden was good friends with KKK leader Robert Byrd in the 1960's and 1970's.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Ugandans probably see your country as morally reprehensible for being so lenient on gays.

Who can say?

a reply to: 1947boomer

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Every country has the right to govern themselves and follow their beliefs as long as they do not go against international laws and regulations. If other countries do not want to give the lgbt people extra rights that many of their own citizens do not have even if they are straight, that is their choice.

Exactly...

Ugandans who identify as gay are not getting extra rights they're having them taken away. Those rights are enshrined via that thing called the universal declaration of human rights.

I mean don't get me wrong being a homosexual could've landed a westerner in jail only 70 years ago... Those human rights aren't that old. That said I couldn't really care for individuals when it comes to international affairs and human rights. Nation's acting backwards should be put in the corner like the little cretins that they are.

We don't have a right to educate other nations but we do have the right to tell them where to go and what they can do when they get there.

I can't see a reason why anyone who isn't straight would have an issue with sanctions like this, ain't nobody getting "extra rights" or being treated special in Uganda.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Is the Biden Admistration going to do anything at all for Americans who don't fly under the LGBT banner?

We do have a housing crisis for low income and fixed income citizens.

How many homeless is it going to take?

Are there not enough homeless LGBTQ's to make a dent in their interests?

This administration is shameful.

Quit policing the world, take care of your vulnerable citizens!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The US needs to send a strong message to Uganda, that gays and other members of the LGBTQ+ community simply must be allowed to go about their lives, and twerk and give lap dances to primary school age kids.

PRIDERS ASSEMBLE!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Is the Biden Admistration going to do anything at all for Americans who don't fly under the LGBT banner?

We do have a housing crisis for low income and fixed income citizens.

How many homeless is it going to take?

Are there not enough homeless LGBTQ's to make a dent in their interests?

This administration is shameful.

Quit policing the world, take care of your vulnerable citizens!

It appears homelessness increased 5% before the pandemic, under Trump. It also appears the Biden Administration has slowed the increase in homelessness.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join