It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCMP Says 3 Fires in Pictou County, NS, Canada Were Deliberately Set

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If you're Canadian, you've no doubt heard about the massive fires in Nova Scotia. The very area where I personally grew up was effected, and many other communities. One major fire in Shelburne County and another fire near the city of Halifax. I knew people who were concerned that fires were being deliberately set because different minor fires kept popping up on their own. Months of dry weather, and then within a few days several fires just start springing up over the place. Now, we have confirmation.

RCMP in Pictou County, N.S., say they are investigating three fire scenes as arson cases.

The Mounties say they responded to a call of a structure fire on Highway 4 in Alma on Friday at 1:30 a.m. That fire was was extinguished by the local volunteer fire department.

About an hour later, a second fire was reported in Granton on Granton Abercrombie Road. RCMP say they learned a green bin had been set on fire.

A third fire was reported a short time later in Mount William on Mount William Road. RCMP learned that recycling bags had been set on fire on the side of the road in that case.

The Mounties say their initial investigation determined all three fires were the result of arson. Authorities are now asking anyone with information about the incidents to contact police.

www.cbc.ca...

Just for reporting the possibility that these fires were being set on purpose, I got a lot of pushback from people on Twitter (mostly with anonymous accounts) arguing that I should say nothing about the possibility. They argued that it was stupid conspiracy nonsense and a "distraction". Oh, really? Yet again, conspiracy concerns are proven right. Not that I 'knew' the fires were deliberately set. I just knew it was a possibility, based on certain details.

The question now is whether these fires were set by one or more independent arsonists who just want to watch the world burn (literally), or was this a larger conspiracy? These fires have done a lot of damage and have people scared about Climate Change.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The fires in B.C., Alberta were found to be caused mostly by human activity. One out of control fire started from a lit cigarette someone discarded.

If the fires in N.S. are so bad I see they are sending in the Canadian Armed Forces.

If it is arson in N.S., I hope they find the perpetrators and they get what they deserve.

Ontario, NE and NW, are also experiencing fires and the rest of Ontario is now in a total burn ban state.

Count your blessings that insurance companies are still covering property there because I just read that State Farm Insurance in the U.S. will no longer cover property in California because it's too much risk. This looks like it will be a trend where insurance companies won't cover properties in areas that suffer flooding, severe storms, wildfires, etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

The fires have been devastating. I really hope the arsonists are caught and made an example of. NS has help from different countries, including South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Tons of water bombers. 40 of them, last I heard. These planes can put 1600 gallons on with one fly by. The fires are still a huge problem but it is supposed to rain steady for the next week and they're hoping to get them under the control during the rain.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I hope it is a deluge of rain this week.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Same thing happened in California in 2018. Brandon McGlover was arrested for setting 9 forest fires. Arrests were made in 2020 and 2021 charging people with deliberately setting fires there.
Three people were arrested in 2020 for setting forest fires in Oregon. I'd name a few more incidents but I don't have the heart to look up any more. Society is sick on so many levels.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That’s awful. I have family in Tiverton/Halifax. I wondered if these were set. Hope these are put out soon!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Hopefully!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Yes. Some definitely get away with it because, at least in smaller communities, people are afraid to report the person out of fear of retribution. I know of one case of this.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Me too. Hopefully they can be put out with this week of rain.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I get the feeling you'll be returning the favour for our impending summer here in Australia. If El Niño kicks in we're all gonna be in the s#it.

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

The fires have been devastating. I really hope the arsonists are caught and made an example of. NS has help from different countries, including South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Tons of water bombers. 40 of them, last I heard. These planes can put 1600 gallons on with one fly by. The fires are still a huge problem but it is supposed to rain steady for the next week and they're hoping to get them under the control during the rain.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Hopefully!

I take back the 'deluge' part because if they get too much rain then flooding will happen because the scorched ground will not be able to absorb the runoff. Sending out good vibes for N.S. and the rest of Canada too as it looks like Quebec is now afire from lightning strikes and they won't be getting any rain at all.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This is terrible. Its so beautiful up there as I hope they can contain. We own undeveloped land on Bay of Fundy over 60 kilometers from the nearest fire. Arson appears to be ongoing all over the country.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: homerJ

We've helped you before. It depends on our corrupt and childlike PM, but we should be helping you for sure.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Yes, a great shame. Great beauty lost, although it can bloom again...eventually, at least. The Bay of Fundy area is beautiful indeed.
edit on 4-6-2023 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's fascinating how the smoke from Canada makes the Sun dim here in the Chicago area.

U.S. media wants Manmade Global Warming to somehow be involved in starting, or at least making the fires so large this year.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wowza. Seems to be the case over a very wide area.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Well we had good luck with the rain and firefighting in N.S.

B.C. news reports it is going to be a very bad year for fires.
edit on q00000038630America/Chicago0404America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The emerald green water is something to behold. Its stunning

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Now there are 'smoke' warnings all over S. Ontario up to Friday from the Quebec fires. With the wind direction it looks like some states in the U.S. will be getting the smoke warnings too.

new topics

top topics

join