It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote.....SOT2023

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My friends mocked me and called me a fatuous geek when I told them I can make a time machine from an old discarded TV remote control. We were sitting at a table in Okie Joe's bar and grill in Albuquerque where I explained that exchanging a few components like resistors, capacitors, transistors and a diode or two could transform a piece of junk into a powerful tool to manipulate time and space. Carla just rolled her eyes and ordered another pitcher of Dos XXes; Totally what I expected from people only interested in sex, 417s and rock and roll.

I thought "to hell" with those cretins as I walked back to my hovel on MLK blvd. I had all the needed parts in my shop, actually a corner of my kitchen where I sat on a 5gal paint bucket by my makeshift table, 2 sawhorses and piece of particle board. Sketched the schematics in my notebook, spread out my parts and cracked open an ancient Sanyo remote. God I love the smell of flux wafting up from the soldering station...it only took about 20min. to "get er done".

I walked back to Okie's and the crew was still there, sitting at the same table moderately blasted. I sat next o Carla and asked where would you all like to go forward or backwards in time and showed them the Remote control. When they stopped laughing, Don Gutierrez mentioned he always thought Roman orgies might be a fun way to spend the rest of the afternoon and they all agreed. "Fine with me" I said and typed in the coordinates on the Remote, pointed it at them and sent them on their way. I hope they can speak Latin.

Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis.

The End

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Nice one!

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
haha well they do say Tempus Fugit! Good story mate

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Nicely done !

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Good one, olaru12, that made me smile! Latin is always a nice touch, too.

And indeed, times are changing, whether we want to change with them is another matter.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   

That struck a tuning fork with me.
Iubentium.

top topics

join