It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man eats McDonald’s Three Times a day for 100 days – And the Weight Falls Off

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well so move over Boo Light Dylan Mulvaney as if this is true this guy could rock Ronald McDonald as McDonalds next poster man in the ongoing diet wars among food and beverage!

Kevin Maginnis, 57, from Nashville says he ate half-portions of McDonald’s thrice daily and lost about 60lbs (26kg) in weight

FYI I used to stop at McDonalds five days a week for decades as I loved their coffee and would only buy a coffee on my way to work. Over the years I could tell the best McDonalds by the number of seagulls dumpster diving in the parking lot. Actually we are so far inland in South Carolina we do have seagulls but the Turkey Vultures are the Alpha bird here and they have learned how to flip the lids open on those massive supermarket dumpsters. So after an early morning feed at McDonalds they fly over to the Publix supermarket dumpsters, all 30+ birds and for kicks and giggles they then circle over the US Post Office parking lot and sheet on the cars and patrons. This goes on for over 30 minutes. I know cause they bombed my truck.

USA Man Eats at McDonalds Three Times a Day

My last meal at McDonalds was on Thursday morning. I got the pick two combination for $4.68. That's a sausage McMuffin with egg and a sausage Biscuit with cheese cooked Southern style so all the fixins as in grease. So those two along with a large coffee cost me over $7. So WTF the last time I ate their food was so long ago I cant remember. Its all american real good comprised of local pigs, eggs and flour.

So we all know about McDonalds right? Eat and you will perish! So this guy did what amounts to the Atkins diet which also works BTW

Separately, on NBC’s Today show, Maginnis explained how he avoided snacks in between meals and only drank water. The result: he lost 58.5lbs (26.5kg) while his cholesterol, blood sugar and heart attack risk numbers improved.

“I was pre-diabetic before – down into healthy ranges now,” Maginnis said.

Today’s hosts marveled at his transformation as he cut a svelte figure in a sport coat and slacks when an older photo of him showed him with his belly protruding.

One of the hosts remarked that Maginnis’s diet “obviously isn’t sustainable”. Maginnis jokingly countered: “Don’t be bitter while I’m eating my apple fritter and losing weight.”

But then he said he understood he could maintain the weight loss if reduced meal portions remained a staple of his diet.

“Half a plate to lose the weight – three-quarters of a plate to maintain the weight, any food, including McDonald’s,” Maginnis said.

So there is a method to this eating madness. Possibly Trump should take his advice.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I'm thinking shades of Subways Jared are in there somewhere minus the pedo stuff of course.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I love Subways also. Used to go every Saturday with the Mrs. for a Chicken sub. Underbar! [That's German] However since Covid-19 rollout in 2020 we stopped going? Haven't been back since and we would dine in.

Jared should have stuck with the pickles

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I'm rather partial myself to both Subway and McDs Waterglass.

Do you know what i prefer these days though, all the buffets that are on offer, like COSMO, World Cuisine, or Marble Buffet King.

Canny beat it, even if you do have to somewhat roll back home after a visit to said establishments.

edit on 3-6-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Down here we have terrible buffets. Native born Southerners like everything sweet. Even the unsweetened tea is sweet. That and they love their grease.

Since 2014 I haven't been to a buffet. Even the Greek food sucks and its owned by a guy from Greece. Once you get away from the ocean most restaurant's are so so.

We have Shealy's BBQ buffet. Big woopie

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   
His secret was portion control.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
nevermind.
edit on 6/3/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That's a shame buffet-wise.

Some great fair on offer over here buffet-wise.

I pretty much just sit and eat plate after plate of Mussels in Blackbean sauce all the same which is my favorite, but there is all sorts on offer.

Love seafood myself Waterglass, canny beat it.

As to the loving grease, im Scottish mate, so similar boat there, my granny used to cook with lard. LoL

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I remember reading about a professor trying to prove the importance of caloric intake to his students.

All he ate was junk food for a period of time like chips, little Debbie cakes, and stuff along those lines. But he made sure that it was less calories than he was used to, and alas he lost weight.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Probably lost that weight because of the runny sh*ts for those all of those 100 days.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

But then he said he understood he could maintain the weight loss if reduced meal portions remained a staple of his diet.

There's the secret, reduced portions.

And well before 100 days he would've been forcing himself to gag the stuff down!

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Is this a real story? I find it hard to believe that you can lose weight eating fast food.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If I eat a Mcd's burger or sandwich, I am full for many hours. I think it is the bun that shuts down my stomach from digesting anything. Lots of the breads with long shelflives in the store do the same thing to my gut. Those chemicals in McD's buns have been there for decades.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   

One of the hosts remarked that Maginnis’s diet “obviously isn’t sustainable”. Maginnis jokingly countered: “Don’t be bitter while I’m eating my apple fritter and losing weight.”

Absolute gold.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Yes!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake

You mean the cha chas? Whatever it worked for him.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Love seafood myself Waterglass, canny beat it.

We own 3 acres of oceanfront on the Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia. Its all wooded and undeveloped 80' cliff with beach access via 200 meter walk. Seafood galore. We can dig up clams, mussels, scallops and lobsters get trapped in pools when the tide goes out.

Love It

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That sounds like paradise Waterglass.

We used to pick our own seafood on the beaches or buy it right off the boat when we went up north to the likes Arisaig,
Morar and Mallaig in the summer.

Canny beat it, wish we were going this year, unfortunately trying to get the kids to go camping is like pulling teeth these days.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That sounds like paradise Waterglass

It is. Biggest issue is the Black Bears. Also see some weird things in the ocean

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Which only works as long as you can maintain it, but it also backfires, as your body's basal metabolic rate will also decrease.

Best is to just stop eating garbage, stop snacking and maintain at least a 12-15 hour fasting window each day, and start eating the proper human diet.
edit on 4-6-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join