It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are plastics making men look more feminine these days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   
in the black and white videos i do notice a change

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Diets, cigarrettes, tougher lifestyles, ect.. There definitely seems to be a change in younger generations looking... younger
Not s ure if that means they look feminine. I think possiblely lack of exercise and clothing style? Mostly comes from genetics though.

I don't think a ton of people used lotion back in those days either?

Do fish look younger? They sure have a lot of plastic in them within the past 40 years.

edit on 2-6-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

My theory is that is a mix between culture and dietary.

I say a mix because there is a part of our culture that takes in a lot of soy products and really likes IPA beer.

Both soy and hops are chock full of pseudo-estrogens.

Again, just a working theory.

It may even be a conspiracy theory... the chemical emasculation of our younger male population through societal change.

edit on 000000006America/Chicago6pmFri, 02 Jun 2023 19:52:31 -050052 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There are any number of exogenous estrogens in the world of petroleum distillates and a multitude of other chemicals. Many of these are transdermal and are absorbed through the skin, like certain receipt paper.

There are numerous phytoestrogens in numerous plants, soy is well known, but there are many with much higher content like hops.

Estrogen makes things “grow,” moobs, doughy faces and belly’s are credited to consumption of beer. Considering the massive increase in hopping micros, and the number of “ahem” plant based foods…we certainly have the raw materials to alter certain aspect of traditional masculinity. Internally, definitely affects health, I’ve long attributed it to prostate and bladder concerns.

I’m pretty sure whacking of genitalia and implanting other organs adds to the picture.

Don’t even start me on social conditioning

edit on 2-6-2023 by BlueJacket because: Fix

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Your post said it much better than mine did...

So thank you for that.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
My apologies for duplicating the same sentiments. I’m still the slowest thumb in the West.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's processed food.

edit on CFri, 02 Jun 2023 20:53:42 -0500pm2023-06-02T20:53:42-05:00kpmFridaypm2023-06-02T20:53:42-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've been following hormone disrupting chemicals since the 60's when they started finding deformed frogs and frogs suffering from Hermaphroditism.
It wasn't long before scientists were reporting an increase in defects in the animal population, like being born with two heads and extra or missing limbs.

You can't throw poison in the gene pool and not expect massive negative changes.

Health used to work on a finely balanced line, and nature weeded out imbalances; we've taken charge of the system and changed the natural order of life......and we're not even close to being done yet.

In our modern world unfortunately men are being subjected to estrogen mimicking substances called xenoestrogens which lower their testosterone. These chemicals are unfortunately becoming more and more common in our foods and environment. This has led to an epidemic of younger and younger men with low testosterone.

[antiagingnorthwest.com...]

Men, women and children exposed to high levels of phthalates - endocrine-disrupting chemicals found in plastics and some personal care products – tended to have reduced levels of testosterone in their blood compared to those with lower chemical exposure, according to a new study published in the Endocrine Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism (JCEM). Testosterone is the main sex hormone in men.

[search.brave.com...]

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
My apologies for duplicating the same sentiments. I’m still the slowest thumb in the West.

You were more detailed in your post than I was so it took you more time to post.

Don't ever apologize for thinking critically or posting something worthy of debate.

I know people get confused because I'm known to be sarcastic, but I was just saying that your post on the topic was better than mine.

edit on 000000006America/Chicago6pmFri, 02 Jun 2023 22:32:52 -050032 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yes, there is an association between plastic's endocrine disrupting properties and masculinity. But it effects some people more than others. It also can cause women's hormones to get a little messed up.

There are other dietary factors that can do this too, coffee actually increases estrogen temporarily in guys which helps them to heal. But coffee's effect is a couple of hours while plastic is way longer lasting and some of those chemicals are not excreted well from plastic so they build up. Coffee is a diuretic so it clears out of a person's body fairly quickly. Coffee has some pretty impressive health properties too, and those properties can trump the side effects.

Beer actually stimulates testosterone in guys which increases muscle mass if people get exercise...it has something to do with the Hopps chemistry and possibly some beneficial chemistry comes from the barley used too for guys. Barley chemistry does have some growth hormone chemistry that can help to increase muscle mass if consumed after working a hard job. That chemistry is also in hops too. But those are the only two seeds that I have found that possess those characteristics that are bioavailable...there may be some more but I just have not found evidence of these properties in my research so far.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Every thing we eat now is put on packed in prepared with plastic we know it's in us how bad is it we don't know

So whall definitely possible plastic is contributing I'm far more concerned with plastic crossing the blood brain barrier than making me look a bit younger or more feminine

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Entertainers pretty much everytime uses makeup in front of cameras and heavy lights, due lights warm up the air and without makeup they would all have sweat face ( i heard this from my cousin who do makeups to dancing with the stars production and they do make ups to everyone on stage and judges ) ... and still on the streets you see ugly ppl too ( i do ... we tend to see pretty ones due our brains learning to do so )

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Or it may be as simple as, "It is the in the water".

EUROPEAN CETACEAN BYCATCH CAMPAIGN
"Man is but a strand in the complex web of life"

Animals’ Sexual Changes Linked to Waste, Chemicals
James Owen
National Geographic News

1st March 2004

Animals throughout the world are undergoing unnatural sexual changes in response to environmental pollution, according to a group of scientists. The scientists warn that the gender-bending effects of certain man-made substances and human sewage seriously threaten polar bears, alligators, frogs, molluscs, and other wildlife.

The group's concerns are set out in a new report compiled by an international research team for the Paris-based Scientific Committee on Problems in the Environment (SCOPE) and the North Carolina-based International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). The scientists say the report represents the first major global investigation into body-altering chemicals known as endocrine active substances, or EASs.

www.eurocbc.org...

Humans are considered members of the animal species.

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Coffee is a purgative. Tea is a diuretic.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
There are any number of exogenous estrogens in the world of petroleum distillates and a multitude of other chemicals. Many of these are transdermal and are absorbed through the skin, like certain receipt paper.

There are numerous phytoestrogens in numerous plants, soy is well known, but there are many with much higher content like hops.

Estrogen makes things “grow,” moobs, doughy faces and belly’s are credited to consumption of beer. Considering the massive increase in hopping micros, and the number of “ahem” plant based foods…we certainly have the raw materials to alter certain aspect of traditional masculinity. Internally, definitely affects health, I’ve long attributed it to prostate and bladder concerns.

I’m pretty sure whacking of genitalia and implanting other organs adds to the picture.

Don’t even start me on social conditioning

No, please God no! Not beer and especially not hops!

Beer makes me a manly man, so it has to increase my testosterone levels (beer logic 101).

And I've been growing hops for five or so years now, last year I brewed this killer IPA, I've been into Michigan craft and micro brews for the last five years as well. It was a beer or two a night last year with that home brew until I drank that batch and I lost weight, gained muscle mass and grew an impressive beard (Winks at Ricky Mouse).

I could really use a beer a beer a beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer
I can’t remember how much I have had I drank a twelve pack with my dad (Burrrrrp)
That’s my son who drunk a manly stud I’m proud to be his bud
Here have some pretzels No! I’ll call it quits Those things give me the Shwitz
Drinkin with your family Drinkin with your friends Drink till you’re fat Stomach distends
Beer is liquid bread it’s good for you We like to drink till we spew ew
Who cares if we get fat I’ll take to that As we sing once more

- The Beer Song

edit on 3-6-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Water supply has estrogen. Birth control pills.

Also, many are overweight. Which feminizes a man.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Loads of videos on yt where Dr Shanna Swan speaks about the effect of phalates and bpa ...the one on After Skool channel is very good......she shows you how you can check your own body for a physical marker to see if your parents had loads of the chemicals in their body when you were conceived.

She has wrote a book too.

Just google her name and the videos come up.

edit on 3-6-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Wait, whut? Telling kids to check what on their bodies to show chemicals? Do you have a link?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

It's not specifically for kids....

Watch the video which is on the After Skool yt channel titled...Endocrine disruptors - Common chemicals that severly alter your hormones......if you start at 11.11 Dr Shanna Swan talks about how the chemicals are obtained from the parents and anogenital distance is the marker.

edit on 3-6-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I think they are like that because of conditioning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join