It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Source: www.eviemagazine.com...

A viral clip shared by @CensoredMen on Twitter shows a young college student sharing with her followers that she has been handed a grade of zero because she used "biological women" in her project proposal. This term "is apparently not allowed anymore" in some classrooms.

"She even said it was a good project proposal," the student said, but that wasn't enough to make up for the fact that she used such an offensive term. She shared a screenshot of the grade from her professor, which had a message: "Olivia, this is a solid proposal. However, the terms 'biological women' are exclusionary and are not allowed in this course as they further reinforce heteronormativity."

"This is the most biased grade ever because my project is about transgenderists competing in biological women's sports. How am I supposed to do my final project if I can't use the word 'biological women'? That's what my project is about," she concluded the video.

This situation has gone very far but we need to ask ourselves how we allowed it to go that far. It's frankly ridiculous a college student gets zero for using the term biological woman which makes a distinction between those who were born women and those who are transgender women (males). The project is about transgender women in female sports-how on earth someone is supposed to do their project when speech is sanitized and censored in the most provocative way by some woke professors. I wonder what course is this? And what is the name of the professor?

Adding insult to injury the good professor admits this is solid proposal but the term biological woman is exclusionary and offensive believe it or not. As someone who is very familiar with academia I will advise Olivia to make a formal complaint-ask her money back-sue the College/University and go to a proper College/University where science is still allowed in the classroom. I don't know if the student has been accused of being transphobic but I will not be surprised if this happened already.

Additional sources:

poptopic.com.au...
www.yaf.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: linda72

Its called gaslighting because it's intended to make you crazy. What we have is a media behemoth and an education behemoth that enjoy being a part of the gaslight on a national scale.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"Olivia, this is a solid proposal. However, the terms 'biological women' are exclusionary and are not allowed in this course as they further reinforce heteronormativity."

Heteronormativity: denoting or relating to a world view that promotes heterosexuality as the normal or preferred sexual orientation.

This is why I tell my kids to either go to trade school, the oilfield (which is on its way out as well if these same people have their way), or a small community college. Education wastes all their time pushing abnormal as normal and #ing kids up in the head.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Can she sue?

If the University of Pennsylvania is receiving ANY federal money, then statements like this:

"Olivia, this is a solid proposal. However, the terms 'biological women' are exclusionary and are not allowed in this course as they further reinforce heteronormativity."

are suppressing not only FACTS, (which she could bring forward a case of academic fraud which is a breach of contract by the university), but are HIGHLY discriminatory!!

Why even go to college?

Honestly, parents need to be frank, and say, "Sorry Jr., you're not going. At least not on our dime!" 🤨

Stop saving now, get them the car they wanted in the first place and wish them luck!
👋😀
(Adulting: 101, "A Parents Strategy For Grounding Your Children In Reality", 2022.)
edit on 6/2/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Her professor should be fired on the spot for inability to properly perform her job. It should be re-graded by someone who is familiar with the facts of this reality.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What course was she taking? Why hasn't she appealed the grade? Why isn't she providing the teacher's reasoning for the grade? Please provide answers to these questions so we can dig deeper.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I sincerely hope her parents hire a good lawyer for baby girl.

Dumb wokebot professor doesn't even realize the comment with the grade is damning evidence of her bias and denial of simple facts, which affects her ability to do her job.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I have to agree, this is just bonkers.

No one seems to use the term "Political Correctness" any more.

This is PC gone mad.

I blame the Snowflake generation.

We have this nonsense here in the UK.

news.sky.com...
edit on 2-6-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

This is PC gone mad.

The folks on Reddit are saying that she is a transphobic with an agenda and just trying to stir up sh**.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I don't do Reddit? Whatever it is.....

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I don't do Reddit? Whatever it is.....

I am just looking for others' opinions of this and not taking one source as being the be all and end all of the truth.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Fair enough. Hope this isn't one of those "You couldn't make this up" type stories where it turns out it actually was.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

This is PC gone mad.

The folks on Reddit are saying that she is a transphobic with an agenda and just trying to stir up sh**.

That's because the "folks on Reddit" are, in large part, lunatic sheep that support the current thing the TV tells them to support.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jorge1986s

This is PC gone mad.

That's because the "folks on Reddit" are, in large part, lunatic sheep that support the current thing the TV tells them to support.

Those who looked into this person's background said that she is transphobic and has an agenda, the sheeple were the ones jumping onboard the sh** wagon.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

images.app.goo.gl...

What would Jesus have said, or did say?

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Fair enough. Hope this isn't one of those "You couldn't make this up" type stories where it turns out it actually was.

We just don't have enough information on this and only one side and this one side is being stoked by OP in the cauldron of sh**. This person won't even respond for comments, as per the OPs sourced magazine? Evie?

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

This is PC gone mad.

Those who looked into this person's background said that she is transphobic and has an agenda, the sheeple were the ones jumping onboard the sh** wagon.

If she is the biggest transphobic person on the planet, it matters not. The words on her paper matter in this context. And the words in question are "Biological female". If she didn't write the paper, or the professor didn't grade it like this, then you would have a point. If not, you don't.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

This is PC gone mad.

These are the same people who think you are "transphobic" if you merely question the insanity of a toddler being told they are in the wrong body and being given permanent, life altering drugs and surgery.

I'm not surprised you would think that their opinions hold water.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

as per the OPs sourced magazine? Evie?

Yet you are using Reddit as a source.

Maybe stew on that for awhile. 😂😂

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join