It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let your guard down at church?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

I have re read what I posted, and realized my flawed reasoning. Too bad I was past the edit window or I would have deleted it. Excuse me.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: yuppa

We're not justified by works of the Mosaic Law or church liturgy; but we are justified by faith first, and given the Holy Spirit so that we can walk in the works of God and remain in Christ. This is God's grace. We didn't earn salvation, but we can definitely lose if we don't use it. The stingy slave in the parable of talents is a classic example of that.

Asking jesus to save you and TRYING is all thats required. Doing those 2 things is trying to live a good life. Faith that God sent his son to die for our sins and faith in his promise to those who follow his teachings. We are under grace thanks to his sons sacrifice. No one goes to the father except through Jesus.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

I see nothing false about the OT 10 commandments, are you saying that Christ released our obligation to them? Or that they are no longer relevant.

Reading the OT testament,the 10 commandments were originally for Moses people. it specified who it was for.

Jesus fulfilled the OT covenant and introduced a newer easier to follow one because keeping all 10 was next to impossible for his people to do. So the NT covenant was born. The OT still exist,for those who wish to live by it.

But here is the clever trick. If you follow the 2 greatest commands he gave,you are also following the 10 commandments right? for some reason a human just finds it easier to follow by condensing it into 2 commandments.

WHich is why he said he fulfilled the OT covenant in my opinion.

edit on 23000000ppam by yuppa because: Edited for my friend topcraft.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   

This is why I retracted my statement. You are correct, and I apologize. I don’t know why I couldn’t see the 2=10 concept originally I totally misunderstood what you were saying. Once again, I apologize

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

OH. I see now as well. lol! No worries,just glad to help you understand what I was saying.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

More people here need to admit when they’re wrong, instead of doubling down. I’m not afraid to be wrong, it’s how I learn. Thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Not to worry...

Context (playlist):

The End of False Religion Is near!

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Wow, I bop off for a weekend, and the believer priest stops believing and is now a charlatan based on post to handle logic string.

I saw Jesus at the mall the other day. He told me to tell you He loves you.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

I've not lost my faith. I've simply come to the clear understanding that the overall Church is in denominational heresy, and has been teaching false doctrines pretty much since the apostles died.

The local congregations are not spiritually safe environments. Too many lack spiritual discernment, which makes them easily manipulated agents of the devil, and they don't even realize it.

I doubt that you saw Jesus at the mall, or that he gave you a message for me. I know you're probably joking, but this is nothing to take lightly after rashly accusing me of being a charlatan and calling my faith into questions.

Seek to understand before you speak. It's a sin to falsely accuse. Please repent.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You said it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join