It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The corruption of the peer-reviewed process and the scientific & medical journals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: linda72

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: CR4SH0V3R1D3

Im curious as to what your take on this Ted talk is…

Please watch and let me know youtu.be... a reply to: quintessentone

I cheated and read the comments, this one applies here but with a little tweaking.

It's almost pretty much inevitable, in fact I'd say it's part of the pathology, that a crank will, at some point, propose that the reason no one is taking their wacky ravings seriously is because of "power", or because of corruption (as is the alleged case here).

I think this is a good occasion to bring out this quote from the late Carl Sagan, who chaired the committee to compile those golden records currently hurtling through the void aboard the Voyagers:

"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."

You missed some comedic gold in that lecture, and if I’m being honest that comment gave the lecturer far too much credit assuming that every word wasn’t a complete farce. The entire point being glaciers themselves are sexist. James Lindsey has many “peer reviewed “ papers that propose utter nonsense just to prove how broken the academic system is.

Well a lot depends on who is doing the reviewing and their credentials and the repeatability of the science itself. I just think the subject of this thread is simply butt hurt because the top of the heap journal rejected him.

You're mistaken - I 've already explained why you're wrong - Normal Fenton is a distinguished academic having produced over 300 papers in every major journal-suddenly n as long as the covid era started he was unable to publish anything- We all know why-

And I've explained that his 300 papers were never published by the #1 journal at the top of the heap and he's butt hurt.

You're mistaken again-which one is the number1 journal??

He wasn't able to publish anywhere when the covid era began- that's very different- but we all know why-

And his first go to reasoning is that they are corrupt, what does that tell you?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I cheated and read the comments, this one applies here but with a little tweaking.

It's almost pretty much inevitable, in fact I'd say it's part of the pathology, that a crank will, at some point, propose that the reason no one is taking their wacky ravings seriously is because of "power", or because of corruption (as is the alleged case here).

I think this is a good occasion to bring out this quote from the late Carl Sagan, who chaired the committee to compile those golden records currently hurtling through the void aboard the Voyagers:

"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."

You missed some comedic gold in that lecture, and if I’m being honest that comment gave the lecturer far too much credit assuming that every word wasn’t a complete farce. The entire point being glaciers themselves are sexist. James Lindsey has many “peer reviewed “ papers that propose utter nonsense just to prove how broken the academic system is.

Well a lot depends on who is doing the reviewing and their credentials and the repeatability of the science itself. I just think the subject of this thread is simply butt hurt because the top of the heap journal rejected him.

You're mistaken - I 've already explained why you're wrong - Normal Fenton is a distinguished academic having produced over 300 papers in every major journal-suddenly n as long as the covid era started he was unable to publish anything- We all know why-

And I've explained that his 300 papers were never published by the #1 journal at the top of the heap and he's butt hurt.

He wasn't able to publish anywhere when the covid era began- that's very different- but we all know why-

And his first go to reasoning is that they are corrupt, what does that tell you?

You're continuously mistaken-he wasn't able to publish anywhere-very weird don't u think so?!

You haven't told me what journal is the number1 journal?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Read your own opening post's source. Lazy is as lazy does.

You're continuously mistaken-he wasn't able to publish anywhere-very weird don't u think so?!

This back and forth nonsense is done.
edit on q00000048630America/Chicago5555America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Still you fail to do so -

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Still you fail to do so -

We all fail when we end up at this point in a discussion.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It's just not 'right' for them

Dr. Nolan has the freedom to submit his paper anywhere else, has he done this? No? Butt hurt or he knows his paper will not meet the requirements of any other publisher.

You still have his name wrong- he tried during the Covid years to submit to every journal he was submitting until that time- but they wouldn't accept it- It's not butt hurt but something else- we all know what it is-

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join