It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Energy Interval Training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Source: www.hsph.harvard.edu...

HIIT is a type of interval training exercise. It incorporates several rounds that alternate between several minutes of high intensity movements to significantly increase the heart rate to at least 80% of one’s maximum heart rate, followed by short periods of lower intensity movements. Interval training was first introduced in the 1950s as a higher intensity form called sprint interval training, which reached 100% maximum heart rate and was used to improve the performance of elite Olympic athletes.

I am all for this type of exercise and I do a round of 40-45 minutes of high energy interval training for about 3-times a week. I think the benefits are fantastic in terms of strength-stamina-fitness and the feeling great factor. Several modified versions exist but this type of exercise can be adjusted according to the fitness levels you have.

Benefits include:

1) Decrease body fat
2) Increase strength and endurance
3) Increase stamina
4) Increase overall fitness
5) Burn body fat after finishing the workout
6) Relieve stress n anxiety - feeling great
7) Looking younger
edit on 31-5-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: linda72

Oh, like those BeachBody workout styles! Nice.
I should get back into that. Darn sugarz.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid

Oh, like those BeachBody workout styles! Nice.
I should get back into that. Darn sugarz.

No sugar!

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Aw, come on!", scream the nanite GMOnsters inside.
What about the all Nature all types? Cane, agave, stevia (whomever she is), uh, bee puke...
Heck #FruitIsNaturesCandy !
Sigh. FINE. No sugars. I'll pick out the chocolate from muh Keto trail mix.

(Thank you for your post, miss Linda.)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid
"Aw, come on!", scream the nanite GMOnsters inside.
What about the all Nature all types? Cane, agave, stevia (whomever she is), uh, bee puke...
Heck #FruitIsNaturesCandy !
Sigh. FINE. No sugars. I'll pick out the chocolate from muh Keto trail mix.

(Thank you for your post, miss Linda.)

I don't think the substitutes are great.
It's better if you have something natural like a fruit.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

An old teacher I knew used to use this method when jogging, he'd use lampposts. He'd sprint from one to the other, switch to jogging for the next and then walk between the last two, rinse and repeat.

Some might see short intense workouts as "trickery" when it comes to burning fat/calories, I'd say most of our energy goes to growth and maintenance anyways so why bother with long arduous and boring workouts?

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's really not dissimilar to spin-class on the cycling machines.
Super-fast - then slow - then super-duper fast. then slow.
I'd just caution against starting fitness training by doing this on your own (as quite a few somewhat misleading documentaries suggested just a few years ago).
Watch the heart at first! Don't just put a stationary bicycle in your office or bedroom and start cycling until the veins in your forehead are about to burst, and your eyeballs pop out!
Even for 20 seconds that's risky.

And especially mind the rowing machine.
I actually saw two dudes doing this taking 20 second turns at maximum effort:

Like ragdolls riding a sledgehammer, fringes flying, cheeks blushing, dudes and machines shaking and roaring like sewing machines.

(Actually, it reminded me a bit of all the guys who tried to play metal guitar in the 1990's by squeezing as many notes as possible into every second while completely forgetting about melody - technique matters too.)

And yet the rope was not taught, instead it was slapping about, and as far as I'm concerned, they missed all the technique and benefit of the exercise.
edit on 31-5-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: linda72
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Actually, fructose is the worst of the worst, so no... fruit is not better.

Best is to just get used to nothing, but if you must use a sweetener, is to use Glycine, a simple amino acid. It is very sweet taste, but doesn't do any of the nasty things the other 'natural' alternatives do to the body.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: linda72
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Actually, fructose is the worst of the worst, so no... fruit is not better.

Best is to just get used to nothing, but if you must use a sweetener, is to use Glycine, a simple amino acid. It is very sweet taste, but doesn't do any of the nasty things the other 'natural' alternatives do to the body.

I don't use sweeteners at all and if I want to have a sweet then I go ahead and have it but I am not interested in sugar.
edit on 1-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join