It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Everlasting Love of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I awoke this morning with a renewed vigor. I have a lovely wife who always smiles and laughs, she always brings people cheer. And she always says, "be happy for today." And recently my son whom I love dearly got married and is now his own young man making his own family. I miss him, and am proud of him. I am grateful for this life, for the air I breath, and for the precious moments I get to spend with my loved ones.

Then I recall the story of a lonely man, "Bob." as I am sitting here. This man went through a lot of pain and agony. He was a faithful servant of God, and the trails of life beat against him and knocked him down. And he lost his way. He used to go to the Christian meetings with fellow believers but because of sadness and trails of life he stopped. And when the brothers and sisters would come around from time to time to try and give him some encouragement he would keep his door closed and wouldn't answer the phone.

Then one day a wise and loving elder, "Jim," stopped by on a cold winter morning. He saw smoke coming from the chimney and stopped his car. He didn't knock on the door. He just opened it. He saw Bob sitting in a stupor by the fire. Jim didn't say a word he took a seat in the rocker by the fireplace. Bob didn't say anything. Bob and Jim just sat there in silence looking into the fire. Then Jim took the fire poke and took one of the embers from the middle of the flames that was brightly lit and drug it out to the edge away from the rest of the embers. It slowly began to lose its glow as it cooled off. They both just sat there looking at the ember lose its fire and glow until it was almost just a black charred piece of wood. Then Jim took the fire poke and poked it back into the center of the fire and the heat and the glow returned. Jim put the poke down didn't say a word got up and left.

The next meeting Bob was back at the meeting with his spiritual brothers and sisters.

I recall when I was going through some tough times I stumbled and felt unworthy, I still do. But at my darknest moment I remember just crying to God in my dispair, "Do you still love me?" And the next morning an elder from the congregation, one I did not know he was visiting knocked at my door. And he asked, "Do you know why I am here...because God still love you."

Jehovah shared this passage of the Bible with me and I want to share it with the reader:

"From far away Jehovah appeared to me and said: “I have loved you with an everlasting love. That is why I have drawn you to me with loyal love."-Jeremiah 31:3.

Through all the things in this life have I always felt the everlasting and enduring love of God. And that is what life is about. His love is enduring and eternal. He sees us in our darkest. He feels our pain. The Psalmist says he collects our tears in his skin bottle and has them written down in his book:

"You keep track of my wandering.
Do collect my tears in your skin bottle.
Are they not recorded in your book?
"
-Psalm 56:8.

The entire theme of the Bible, God's word for us, is God's enduring love. Everything in it returns to God's love. And after all things have been corrected, and humankind is living in perfection on earth in peaceful bliss forever, we will still bask in and enjoy the enduring and everlasting love of the living God Jehovah.

Jesus told us to pray: "Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified."

It needs to be sanctified because God's love was lied about by Satan. Even religious leaders and religious people lie about God's good nature and his love. They teach depraved the most depraved things about our loving God Jehovah, such as he has a Hellfire that he torments people forever in. God is not that person. This is a lie.

God is love. I see his love in the creation around me, the beautiful sunrise, a soft cool breeze off the ocean. In the sound of my son and daughter-in-law, laughing and in their dancing. In the grasp of the hand of my beautiful wife while we walk together on the beach. In the words of God found in the Bible as God listens to my prayers and answers them. And in the love of others around me as God moves them to show me love. And my prayer and hope is that I may learn to reflect that love that shines down from the heavenly throne on our hearts, that I may open my heart wide and become like my loving heavenly Father Jehovah, and his son Jesus Christ, and share that love with the world. So that they too may see the everlasting love of God at work in their lives.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When I finished writing the OP I went to my DM and what is the first thing I see:

Perhaps someone was telling me I was doing so fire poking. Or perhaps it is just a cool coincidence.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

I think it is hard for humans to understand God’s love.

I don’t think we are capable of it. That is why I think he gave us babies and pets.

Most people’s hearts are opened and they feel the joyous overwhelming pain of love, the pure love of innocence when they see a baby smile, or an animal make that soul connection with them.

When I look at the faces of my bratty animals when they do something they know is as wrong as two left shoes, and see that crap eating grin they are failing at trying to hide, while trying to show remorse with the bowed head, and peeping up from a side eye.

All I can think of is that this is as close as I am going to get to that agape love that God has for us.

It sort of explains how he can be so furiously angry with us, yet still love us and forgive us.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Unless of course that JW,.org decides you deserve shunning and forced to abandon friends, family, children, that others decide for you
www.abc.net.au...

I would like to ask you randomuser, is posting here on ats part of your religious duty?

Gods love is everlasting, it’s not everlasting for those who don’t accept Jesus. Unfortunately it seems your narrative is Gods love is only for your team
I see little difference between JW,.org and the Roman Catholic church outside of the theology

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Then Jim took the fire poke and took one of the embers from the middle of the flames that was brightly lit and drug it out to the edge away from the rest of the embers. It slowly began to lose its glow as it cooled off. They both just sat there looking at the ember lose its fire and glow until it was almost just a black charred piece of wood. Then Jim took the fire poke and poked it back into the center of the fire and the heat and the glow returned.

Interesting you post this. Because as an ex JW / full time pioneer, this is the only thing I miss from the religion - a like minded community. Having that instant comradery is amazing! All of the events to attend with like-minded people. It was amazing and beautiful!

There is only one problem. Your doctrine isn’t the ‘Truth’ as it’s called. In fact, it’s so simplistically flawed. Our reality is much more complicated than the way the JW’s will portray.

Unfortunately, once you red pill — you can’t go back.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Then Jim took the fire poke and took one of the embers from the middle of the flames that was brightly lit and drug it out to the edge away from the rest of the embers. It slowly began to lose its glow as it cooled off. They both just sat there looking at the ember lose its fire and glow until it was almost just a black charred piece of wood. Then Jim took the fire poke and poked it back into the center of the fire and the heat and the glow returned.

Interesting you post this. Because as an ex JW / full time pioneer, this is the only thing I miss from the religion - a like minded community. Having that instant comradery is amazing! All of the events to attend with like-minded people. It was amazing and beautiful!

There is only one problem. Your doctrine isn’t the ‘Truth’ as it’s called. In fact, it’s so simplistically flawed. Our reality is much more complicated than the way the JW’s will portray.

I recall Jehovah loves all his sheep. Even the lost ones like you and me.

Jehovah Cares For His Sheep

When I was lost not only did Jehovah send elders to my door and give me scriptures to comfort me. He also showed me this talk directly not one, or two, or three, but four times on different occasions. It was no way it was a coincidence.

And when I asked Jehovah if he still remembers me he replied with this scripture:

Can a woman forget her nursing child
Or have no compassion for the son of her womb?
Even if these women forget, I would never forget you.

-Isaiah 49:15.

Jehovah loves you with an everlasting love.

Rebuild Your Friendship with Jehovah

Help to Get Back On Our Feet

Unfailing Love

edit on 31-5-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There is no comparison of God. He is unique and we should remember God in every steps in our life.

new topics

top topics

join