It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Aliens have been to Earth and are Still Here - Dr. Gary Nolan - Stanford

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
I pretty much agree with Dr. Nolan's assessment on the topic about ET aliens, or there robots having landed in starships on our planet and are continuing to do so --- Except for the ongoing? reverse engineering of crashed starships...since I don't think that any ET civilization that had the wherewithal to travel to our planet, would be stupid enough to accidently crash a starship on our planet --- And if they did...they wouldn't be stupid enough to leave any crash evidence behind for us to reverse engineer on.

It all depends on how you look at it. From the inside, or outside. And of course, what you call it. Accidental Crash? Naw, it was quite intentional, and the crash evidence is still there...

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Anybody's goose is as good as anybody's goose without goose.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Came across this.

youtu.be...

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
Came across this.

youtu.be...

avg joe's need to stop making useless videos

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
a reply to: inert

Bouncing Carl Sagan against Garry Nolan……take a read of Chapter 2 “Science and Hope” and Chapter 4 “Aliens”…..

Curious as to your opinion of Carl in the context of Science and UFOlogy

I remember watching Cosmos as a teenager. It was inspiring and and magical for the time.

I read the chapters you mentioned. Overall, I think the book was unnecessary. There are better treatments that read easier on Critical Thinking and deductive and abductive arguments, truth, validity, and soundness. Chapter 2 is plodding and a tedious read. It basically lectures you on the scientific principal and how it's self correcting.

Chapter 4 recounts exactly what most alien abductions are like - without actually examining the question of why do these described encounters match each other? Instead he pivots to Mesmer and how the public can be fooled. While this is certainly the case in the 1700's, I think we have a better understanding of psychology in this day and age. In the end, he concludes, "We'll just have to wait until, if such a time ever comes, better data are available." Of course, it's over 25 years since that was written and we do have some better, if not scarce, data. For example, the Varginha crash in Brazil would have been unknown since it hadn't happened in 1995.

I think something will happen this year since it seems to be building up now more than ever. But I think in the end, the need for secrecy will outweigh satisfying people's curiosity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join