It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deviant art must be banned!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mumbichi
a reply to: SprocketUK
Within the system of government in which I live, I support Waters' right to wear whatever he wants, and I support the right of the concert promoters to reject it. Freedom of speech works both ways. Rogers is unwelcome in that venue, and presumably not just if he wears the uniform, but for some time, because he has demonstrated that he likes firing people up. A concert, with people jammed together, is the wrong place to make such a visceral statement. You want to make such a statement Mr. Waters, do it on your own website, where nobody gets hurt for your foolishness.

Waters was good once. Real good. I was not sorry when he left Pink Floyd.

He did it at his own concert... his art display that people paid money to go see voluntarily. What is the difference between doing it at his own website and doing is at his own concert. Also, who was hurt by his display?

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:10 AM
link   
...because I said I'm not into Pink Floyd: I just noticed one of my 'go to for comfort' songs actually is Pink Floyd.

Oopsey

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Next thing they'll be saying the crossed hammers in the movie The Wall are Nazi symbols and cannot be seen. To think I used to wear Nazi regalia during stage performances in the 70's to make a point. Something I would have never done if I thought people would be intimidated by it - they weren't. They laughed. I grew up on the 3 stooges playing the Axis dictators.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
...because I said I'm not into Pink Floyd: I just noticed one of my 'go to for comfort' songs actually is Pink Floyd.

Oopsey

Admitting it is the first step to your recovery mate

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
They're going to have a fight on their hands if they come for my "Wall" cd!
a reply to: DoubleDNH

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join