It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis says we must wage a war on the woke ideology

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Whose rights have been found trampelled?

A federal judge ruled Friday that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis violated the First Amendment and the Florida Constitution by removing an elected state prosecutor from office, the Associated Press reports.

www.axios.com...

Fascism isn't dependent on a judge's ruling, though. Trampling The People's rights is fascist, whether a judge has ruled so or not.

edit on 2-6-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
He’s right in that it is depressing and wastes time. Woke ideology is like first grade level tattle tale stuff and everyone is sick of it

Wanna know why we hear about it? Because little dopes like to hear it hear people analyze relationships and it sells ads. No one cares about your relationship folks (maybe your mom if you MUST be over dramatic about relationships and need to make her sick with your babbling)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: linda72

Says the candidate who eats his chocolate pudding with three fingers while on an airplane flight.

The truth behind the bizarre Ron DeSantis ‘pudding fingers’ claim seized on by Trump

As a MAGA PAC ad says, “Ron DeSantis loves sticking his fingers where they don’t belong.”

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

One less plastic spoon rotting away in our landfills, that's just environmentally conscious. We have all done it (generalization, I'm sure not every single person on earth has done this), why is this made into a big deal with someone in "fame"?

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

One less plastic spoon rotting away in our landfills, that's just environmentally conscious. We have all done it (generalization, I'm sure not every single person on earth has done this), why is this made into a big deal with someone in "fame"?

I'll admit to wiping out a bowl to get the dregs of some cheesy sauce or whatnot when I am at home, or otherwise eating alone, but I wouldn't do it on an airplane around other people ever. And I'm not a big one on manners. I do, however, save plastic and wooden spoons, if they don't break, for re-use.

The funny thing about it, as noted by a former DeSantis staffer, is that he didn't deny the accusation during an interview; rather, he only said he didn't remember having done it. He is said to have a weird personality and not be too warm, which is a bit weird for a politician, so I wonder about his viability in the primary.

There's another story about him, told by a friend of his, that he would tell a date that he likes Thai food, but pronounce it "thigh food". If the woman would corrected him, he'd find an excuse to leave because he doesn't like women correcting him. Seems a weird duck. His hang up on the War on Woke, even if it means causing Florida's number one employer to back out of a billion dollar project makes him seem a bit over zealous, as does his pro-book banning stance. Not a good look in the Land of the Free.
edit on 10-6-2023 by MrInquisitive because: switched a pair of words around to make better sense

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   

If seeing some guy eat pudding with his fingers is the weirdest thig I ever have to see on a plane, I am 10000% okay with that.

"Not a good look in the Land of the Free", people are only bandwagoning against him because it fits in with the main stream media narrative that they should. If this was Biden, Obama, or even Hillary doing the same thing, those same people would be praising them and calling them gods.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   

If seeing some guy eat pudding with his fingers is the weirdest thig I ever have to see on a plane, I am 10000% okay with that.

"Not a good look in the Land of the Free", people are only bandwagoning against him because it fits in with the main stream media narrative that they should. If this was Biden, Obama, or even Hillary doing the same thing, those same people would be praising them and calling them gods.

I've been against book banning since I was a wee lad, so no bandwagoning about it on my part. I'm guessing a lot of other people -- as in tens of millions, possibly hundreds of millions of Americans -- are against book banning and have been long before DeSantis and his puddin' fingers were ever getting press coverage. To claim we just want to get on the MSM bandwagon seems a spurious claim.

Furthermore to claim that if Obama, Biden, the Clintons or any other Democrats were calling for book banning, that liberals and progressives and all other Democrats would support it and consider them gods is utter nonsense, and I think you have the good sense to know that it is.

You right wingers (I don't use the term "conservative", because real conservatives are against book banning as well) like to ascribe to liberals/progressives/Democrats what we would do in very nonsensical hypothetical situations, whereas we people in the center and left of center tend to deal in factual situations, i.e. reality. Can you explain to me why that is? All I can think of is that you got nothing else, so you have to make nonsensical attacks on your political opponents in an attempt to negate their views on matters.

You wanna talk about bandwagons, how about the woke/anti-woke one? Talk about the criminal overuse of a buzzword. The only word I believe I have heard more overused is "awesome", and it looks like "woke" is about to overtake it.

And if I were a politician who needed to cultivate his public reputation, I wouldn't be eating pudding of any type or flavor with my fingers in public, including on a plane with aids and possibly the press on board. I hate to think what he might do in a public bathroom stall -- he might be too eco-friendly for even my taste.

But seriously, as I wrote in my last post, the guy seems to have some weird personality characteristics, and clearly doesn't have a warm personality (a bit like Chris Christie, but in a weirder way). And his extreme right-wing positions he takes in an attempt to win over the MAGA crowd won't play well in Peoria during the general election. However, if you want to hang your hat on his campaign (or whatever the correct metaphor is), don't let me stop you, but don't say I didn't warn you.

edit on 11-6-2023 by MrInquisitive because: changed the wording of the first sentence slightly, but no change in meaning

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

You right wingers (I don't use the term "conservative", because real conservatives are against book banning as well) like to ascribe to liberals/progressives/Democrats what we would do in very nonsensical hypothetical situations, whereas we people in the center and left of center tend to deal in factual situations, i.e. reality.

You mean kind of how the left and "left leaning" people that voted in Biden can't seem to find anything wrong in anything he does? You know like keeping CALSSIFIED documents in a garage, or talking poorly to, or completely ignoring the press, stumbling over words/sentences, calling out to a DEAD senator/congresswomen, just to name a few. And, if this was Trump, and in some cases is, you want his head on a silver plater.

But yeah, the left is the epitome of realty based "facts". They definitely don't call anyone with opposing views a "white supremacist" , "right wing radical", or "MAGA Republican....Such a loving and caring bunch

I don't disagree, he is a weird dude but as I said, if that is the weirdest thing I see on an airplane, I'm good with it. Especially one full of politicians and media.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

You right wingers (I don't use the term "conservative", because real conservatives are against book banning as well) like to ascribe to liberals/progressives/Democrats what we would do in very nonsensical hypothetical situations, whereas we people in the center and left of center tend to deal in factual situations, i.e. reality.

You mean kind of how the left and "left leaning" people that voted in Biden can't seem to find anything wrong in anything he does? You know like keeping CALSSIFIED documents in a garage, or talking poorly to, or completely ignoring the press, stumbling over words/sentences, calling out to a DEAD senator/congresswomen, just to name a few. And, if this was Trump, and in some cases is, you want his head on a silver plater.

But yeah, the left is the epitome of realty based "facts". They definitely don't call anyone with opposing views a "white supremacist" , "right wing radical", or "MAGA Republican....Such a loving and caring bunch

I don't disagree, he is a weird dude but as I said, if that is the weirdest thing I see on an airplane, I'm good with it. Especially one full of politicians and media.

Where to start? You're saying there is no such thing as a MAGA Republican? Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, MTG, Lauren Boebert, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon and a host of other Republicans would like to have a word with you.

White supremacists? Mitch McConnell would like to have a word with you:

GOP leaders denounce Greene, Gosar for speaking at white nationalist event

GOP leaders in the House and the Senate on Monday denounced a pair of far-right Trump allies — Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., and Paul Gosar, R-Ariz. — for speaking at a gathering of white nationalists in Florida over the weekend.

But what really tees me off is when you make some ridiculous nonsensical, hypothetical scenario concerning Democrats and their allies, and don't address it when called out on it, but then go onto change the conversation by making another unfounded claim that no Dems and allies criticize Biden, aka Scolerotic Joe, about anything. Sure, no party stalwarts in Washington or DNC house organs like MSNBC will criticize Sclerotic Joe, but many grass-roots Democrats do as do other left-leaning news media. I saw some poll that said, I believe, that about 60% of Democrats think Biden is too old to run again. Does he have some senior moments? Sure, but I have one word for you: "Covfefe".

And more on playing the geriatric card with a sitting president. I got another two words for you: Ronald Regan. He was often found to nod off during cabinet meetings and other meetings, and it is clear now that he was suffering from onset Alzheimers while still in office.

There are plenty of Democrats and progressives/liberal who are not terribly pleased with Biden and who don't want him to run a second time. Check the TYT YT channel for example. I don't want him to run again. I and plenty of Democrats and other liberals have problems with his some of his policies and voice them; this includes congressional members. But you know what? It is really for supporters of a party to be the primary criticizers of the leader of their party? That is what the loyal opposition is supposed to do.

However, Democrats don't circle the wagons and defend an elected Democrats who in all likelihood is guilty of some crime or big scandal -- take Anthony Wienar and Andrew Cuomo for example. Hell, Al Franken was essentially forced to resign because of some stupid sexist prank he did as a comedian before he even began running for public office. Whereas what have the Republicans done with George Santos and child sex trafficker Matt Gaetz? Didn't they also try to elect a senator in Alabama who was an accused serial sexual assaulter of women, including two minors? Didn't Georgia just try to elect a guy who physically abused one or more of his baby's mommas, and had children out of wedlock with multiple women, and clearly wasn't competent to be a senator?

Did Democrats defend Bill Clinton after it became obvious that he played hanky panky with his intern? NO. In fact they began to separate themselves from him politically.

As for alleged crimes by Biden, I've said in any number of threads, investigate away, GOP-led House committee, and if they should find sufficient evidence, then bring a criminal referral to the DOJ. Trump supporters have a big problem with the way the CFH investigation was handled, although nothing ever came of it as far as legal consequences for Trump, and it wasn't in the middle of an election cycle, yet they are claiming, on the flimsiest of evidence, that Biden is involved in a bribery scheme, and that anybody, such as myself who needs more convincing evidence is stupid and/or selling out the country. It is the pro-Trump/anti-Biden crowd with the double standard.

It seems the Pro-Trump crowd and right-side Republicans like to paint their political opposition with wide brush strokes that aren't true. I get pro-Trump types here calling me stupid and a sell-out of my country just because of have the audacity to challenge their narrow views on matters. They also call the government evil, meaning, I guess, the president and his party even though the GOP controls one house of congress, and through duplicity now have a 6-3 majority in SCOTUS. And they refer to the government as evil because their one-man walking crime scene cult leader Trump is being investigated and prosecuted for the obvious crimes he has committed. Want to dispute this, then read the 44-page criminal indictment first. Never mind that he has incriminated himself on cable tv.

Now if Joe Biden had as flagrantly committed crimes and flaunted having done so as Trump, and nothing was done about it, I and a lot of Democrats would be furious and want him to face the music. However, as I have said, the evidence against him so far is circumstantial at best, i.e. flimsy, and so far not enough to indict, so don't expect Democrats to jump on board with the alleged crimes at this point. As for his classified documents imbroglio, there is a special counsel investigating the matter.

However, unless something new and spicy turns up, it won't rise to the level of an indictment because the handled the situation entirely differently than Trump has. See my posts in the threads on the Mar-a-Lago documents threads. I've repeated myself too many times there already on why the situations are vastly different legally. And you do know, I trust, that Mike Pence had his own document embarrassment, but the DOJ never appointed a special counsel and has already let him off the hook even though his case was much like Biden's.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join