It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holloman UFO Landing Footage : New Revealing Analysis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A popular UFO story is the alleged alien landing at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico in 1971. Sometimes the year varies..

A part of that story is how a few seconds of the original footage of the craft was supposedly included in a documentary film distributed in 1976 and originally called behind "UFOs : It Has Begun". It was later re-released with extended footage as “UFOs – Past, Present and Future” in 1979.

Recent research appears to have finally solved the mystery.

Background

Robert Emenegger and Alan Sandler, were Los Angeles businessmen invited to Norton Air Force Base in California to discuss a possible documentary film on advanced research projects.

Emmenegger (who was the main writer/producer behind "UFOs : It Has Begun") was led to believe that he would be provided with film of 3 UFOs landing at Holloman Airbase in 1971 for use in his documentary. The military’s audio-visual director Paul Shartle claimed to have seen the film and that it showed three disc-shaped craft. One of them landing and a door opening then three beings emerged.

They were close to human-size with a grey complexion and a pronounced nose. They wore tight fitting jump suits, their headgear appeared to be communication devices, along with a handheld translator. A Holloman base commander and other Air Force officers went out to meet them.

In the end, permission to use the film in its entirety was not granted, although Sandler and Emenegger did use the contents for a hypothetical look at contact with aliens.

It was never claimed in the documentary, but has long been rumoured, that a short sequence of footage showing a UFO coming into land at Holloman AFB WAS included...

Narrator, Rod Serling cryptically tells us about a time when official contact is made by stating “Let’s look at an incident that may happen in the future or could have happened already”.

We see various shots of the air base as an alert is raised. Then we see a small white dot descending towards Holloman against a mountainside backdrop.

It is this footage which supposedly shows the "alien craft". However, independent analysis has now proven beyond reasonable doubt what it was.

Revealed in this short video.

This does not of course prove or disprove that genuine footage exists of aliens landing at Holloman. Merely that the “UFOS Past, Present and Future” documentary does not include any such footage of it.

For further information, here is the long form, in depth analysis of the footage discussed in the thread.

Plus here is the 1979 version of the documentary.: UFOS Past, Present and Future including a very young looking Monsieur Vallee.

edit on 26/5/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Fantastic MM. Thank you for sharing this

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I’d be wanting the source of the DVD he used….and which he doesn’t give copyright/creator credit to.

Also did you notice he only used the decent portions of the craft in the vid for his analysis?

He doesn’t show the preceding swings in up and down bobbing of the craft nor is it explained.

His accounting of his analysis doesn’t mention the software used for the comparison analysis.

I’m skeptical….

I guess on the plus side…..is the re-confirmed fact that Holloman AFB was indeed used.

👽
edit on 26-5-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I’d be wanting the source of the DVD he used….and which he doesn’t give copyright/creator credit to.

The source is a 2007, officially released DVD of "UFOS Past Present and Future". It was explained in the longer, 16 mins analysis. Which is in the OP.

Also did you notice he only used the decent portions of the craft in the vid for his analysis?

That's because the image quality is affected by the level of MPEG picture compression used for DVD. Zooming in on a small part of each frame will have varying degrees of accuracy of the real picture because of how each frame is rendered.

His accounting of his analysis doesn’t mention the software used for the comparison analysis.

I thought he just rolled through the zoomed in image of each frame from the DVD at a slower speed. Which you can do with any suitable media player software.

I’m skeptical….

Note that the original documentary makers have never claimed they had used part of the alleged film showing an alien spacecraft landing. But it has been a part of UFO lore for a long time. So I am unclear on what you think this actually depicts?

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don’t think the analysis goes far enough. I don’t see why the debunker left out the following footage. This is the footage before it’s decent downward to the landing field….. which is not shown in the debunk vid.

From the VHS vid….

It’s important, imo, to show that the craft is moving up and down repeatedly before descending further down.

A the rate of its up and down movements……it appears to me that any fighter aircraft in normal operations and approach to the landing field….would not do such maneuvers in its downward glide slope to land on the runway.

👽

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Old VHS footage is hardly the best quality, and the appearance of the craft moving up and down would appear to be due to the zoom of the lens changing briefly.

There is a much clearer version available here : www.youtube.com...

There is no obvious up and down motion in this copy.

If real footage exists of an alien craft landing at Holloman Air Base, then I've never seen it. Nor do I think it was secretly included in the documentary. Something the documentary makers have not claimed either.

I really think all we are looking at is a plane coming into land. Probably an F4 Phantom.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

well what a great channel first and foremost, not seen that content before and it pretty much looks spot on in the analysis, which is a shame but the truth is better than lies

thanks MM

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

As the UFO lore goes, Robert Emenegger was asked to produce a film about UFOS from official DoD and NASA material in the early 1970s. He was also promised footage of an alien spacecraft landing at Holloman Air Force Base.

I haven't traced the original source, but UFO legend holds that a few seconds of this 'official' footage was included in Emenegger's documentary.

I think we can conclude that this wasn't the case.

However, whether any genuine footage of an alien landing at Holloman Air Force base exists remains a mystery.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Interesting that back in the day there were promises and even cooperation from the government about releasing some footage. MM's example above as well as something with Disney where people were told that they'd get their hands on footage film

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Creating debunking videos have become much easier with AI tech I see.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

What is being debunked here?

Once you've explained that the please go onto explain how AI technology has been applied to achieve this.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Just as easy as creating hoax videos for that matter. On topic, I have seen no evidence concerning the Holloman AFB story, just the story itself.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I remain skeptical….I’ll try to find the sourced dvd.

Moving forward….

👽

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It's refreshing to have these types of videos debunked. Back then I would not have asked myself the questions I would ask today, such as "Is it standard procedure to just let unidentified craft land at restricted military airbases"? "The light is descending at a regular pace so is it landing"? ... Back then I would have just dismissed it because it is not defined and there really isn't any way to actually see what it is/was. One would think at a military base they would have better surveillance technology/cameras.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was hopeful when viewing this for the first time. My hopes were swiftly dashed to a bloody pulp upon the slick rocks under the cliff of high expectations. I almost heard wee Tatoo exclaiming "Da Plane! Da Plane!"

Using sports as a metaphor for UFOlogy, I wonder what many of us will do after the TRUTH finally sneaks around the bleachers and parades nakedly across the field to the shock of the stunned crowd, cowed players and freshly ignored cheerleaders standing awkwardly in mid step with their limp pom-poms.

Anyhoo, thanks MM for removing one more utter waste of photos and neurons.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

AI software could create the footage to fit his narrative, but I guess you'd have to find the true original to know for certain. I think by now this would have came out. Or someone somewhere would have pointed this out, way before today.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Done some searching for the dvd as per your….

The source is a 2007, officially released DVD of "UFOS Past Present and Future".

Tv special ok…book ok……dvd? Officially released? I’ve looked at a couple of notable sources of all things movies…..IMDb….Deep Discount…Adventures Unlimited Press….no luck….

I’m starting to think the debunker needs to be debunked.

How about a linked source to the DVD you mentioned, MM? I willing to eat crow if you can produce this DVD.

UPDATE: I found it under the title UFOs It Has Begun / UFO Syndrome…..released 2007 (it’s two different dvd documentaries in a two dvd set)

Now to see about ordering it …..or maybe not…pretty pricey.

One of a few reviews on Amazon

The reason why I rated this DVD at 4 stars is due to the unsatisfactory conversion of the original footage to the modern TV format. The original footage was shot in 3:2 aspect ratio - which was standard until recently (the widescreen TVs first became popular at the beginning of 2000s). The publishers of this DVD "converted" both documentaries to a widescreen format. Unfortunately the conversion consisted of simply removing the bottom and top parts of the original picture. This is unfortunate as in few instances one can't see (or read) what the narrator refers to but was part of the original footage.

Another unfortunate aspect of the conversion is the increased color saturation. Both documentaries have been made more colorful. That is the intensity of the colors have been increased (not to look outdated I suppose). Personally I always prefer to see any re-released material as close to its initial state as possible. As that gives me a more authentic representation of the original product.

👽

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Wow, you did a great job!!!

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

I didn't do any of the analysis.

The credit belongs to the owner of the "here suddenly" YouTube channel. The more detailed, longer version is recommended and clarifies a lot of the background work.

edit on 27/5/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I am not sure why you feel it necessary to try and disprove everything claimed in the video. And shelling out for a 16 year old DVD could be expensive. Especially when you probably won't get the answer you seek.

There's a decent version on YouTube below. Which is TV broadcast quality and better than VHS.

Besides that the mystery of whether film footage showing an alien landing at Holloman remains.

Also where the rumour that some of that footage made its way into the documentary...

Here's an 'interview' with Bob Emenegger from "1988's UFO Cover Up Live" which strangely was broadcast to the USSR as well as the USA.

Emennegger says the film was confiscated at the last minute.

.....this film footage sounded very, special, and we wanted to use it as the ending of our television special. Although the pentagon had been very, very cooperative all the way, at the last minute the film was confiscated, and we lost the whole finale of our show. But what I saw and heard was enough to convince me that you know the phenomenon of UFOs is real very real...

In the same clip, Paul Shartle, the air force military’s audio-visual manager, claims he actually saw the footage. But was later told it was theatrical footage for training purposes!

However, following that interview splice is a clip of Grant Cameron claiming...

....I find out that there's eight seconds of the Holloman air force base film in the film.

So Bob's my friend, I phone up bob. "There's eight seconds of film in there?", and he goes "well yeah!". I said, "You told me they pulled the film. You told me it was sent back to the pentagon"

And he said, "well it did!". He told me this whole story about the guy going across the country in a small Datsun and taking the film back to the pentagon. He said, "but there are eight seconds of film in the documentary" and then he said the key words he said ,"but it didn't show anything".......

Hmmmm....What's the real truth here?

edit on 27/5/2023 by mirageman because: ...

<<   2  3 >>

join