It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send in the Clowns...BoJo Sent to Texas to Lobby Republicans to Keep Arming Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The UK's part time establishment war monger and full time numb-nut "BoJo" has been enlisted by a (ahem) "think tank" to lobby the GoP to keep arming Ukraine. It's worth noting that BoJo also travelled to Ukraine to put an end to Ukrainian peace talks with Russia in April last year, and makes it obvious the neocons are serious about this "to the last Ukrainian" stuff.

Quite fitting that he was met by the world's worst extant war criminal "dubbya". It's seen as necessary with both leading Republican candidates expressing scepticism about pouring funds into this proxy war with no clear end goal (that they will express openly). Or as Trump has stated, he would "end this war in a day".

Trump needs to be careful here, not so much that it took place in Dallas, ut that it brings to mind events there in '63 regarding the last US president to defy the US war machine (JFK was going to end US involvement in Vietnam and defied the MI complex regarding Cuba).

It's a strange world where there is (almost?) unanimous support from what was once a liberal, if slightly "left" political party (democrats) who have now become full on MI complex whores and war mongers.

Quite fitting for clown world to be represented by a clown. Go BoJo.

The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA), a pro-Ukrainian think tank based in Washington, decided to enlist Johnson to push Republicans to support Ukraine as more and more GOP members have questioned the policy of flooding weapons into the country with no clear goal.

Alina Polyakova, the chief executive of CEPA, said Johnson was enlisted because he is “very much seen as the architect of the Western policy” on Ukraine.

Johnson was a staunch backer of the West’s proxy war with Russia during his time in office and played an integral role in helping scuttle peace talks that were being held in the early days of the conflict. In April 2022, then-Prime Minister Johnson traveled to Kyiv and urged Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky not to negotiate with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

According to a report from Ukrainska Pravda, Johnson also told Zelensky that even if Ukraine was ready to sign a deal with Russia, Kyiv’s Western backers were not. The report said Johnson’s visit was a crucial factor in Ukraine calling off a potential Zelensky-Putin meeting.

Link to antiwar.com article.

Link to Politico.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Why would liberalism or leftism be more pacifist than conservatism or rightism? I mean, was Washington or Jefferson a pacifist? Or Stalin? Even a lot of famous anarchists were soldiers.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants
You seem confused...

Washington Jefferson and Stalin were not Liberals. The fact you put those 3 in the same group is rather laughable.

True liberalism isn't pacifist in nature it's defensive. Liberals used to support the 2nd amendment more than anyone. The new neo liberalism that people like yourself subscribe to is more aligned with 90's neo-con ideals than anything.

A true liberal is:
Anti-war
Anti-lockdown
Anti-mandate
Pro-gun

Similar to true conservatism.
But the powers that be would rather have you at odds with your neighbors who drink the wrong beer or fly the wrong flag.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian

I have a question. Would you put the title 'warmonger', on the man who ordered the 'special military operation' as well, or just the guy trying to raise funds for the defenders?

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
a reply to: Cutepants
You seem confused...

Washington Jefferson and Stalin were not Liberals. The fact you put those 3 in the same group is rather laughable.

The hell are you talking about? Stalin was a leftist. I never said he was a liberal.

You are ignorant about the Founding Fathers. Washington himself said it:

As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.

You're confusing classical liberalism with leftism or just being a hippy or democrat or something.

True liberalism isn't pacifist in nature it's defensive. Liberals used to support the 2nd amendment more than anyone. The new neo liberalism that people like yourself subscribe to is more aligned with 90's neo-con ideals than anything.

Much better. That's exactly my point, although depends on what you mean by defensive. OP however was saying that even defending against tyranny is incompatible with liberalism.

But what makes you think I'm a neoliberal? And how do you define neoliberalism? I'm guessing not in the economics sense?

But the powers that be would rather have you at odds with your neighbors who drink the wrong beer or fly the wrong flag.

You're arguing with an imaginary version of me, not the real me.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join