It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas House Recommends Impeachment for Ken Paxton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's not justice when it only applies to a specific ideology.

I'm not sure about you, but for my money "using taxpayer dollars to pay off a lawsuit that you lost" is not an ideology like conservatism or liberalism. And in my world "securities fraud" isn't an ideology, either. Nor is "doing political favors in return for very expensive gifts." That's part of what Paxton is accused of.

Are you sure those are ideologies in YOUR world?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Besides a couple of hinky FISA warrant applications by the FBI,

Yeah
They only violated his basic constitutional rights.

That admission alone is terrifying.
The fact it was done for political persecution is even more sinister.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

a reply to: Byrd

Honestly?

I hope they keep him.

It's worthless to cry about scandals and crimes and malfeasance when the same people DEFEND the president for allegations of the same. Even the whistle-blowers with proof are punished.

Justice is dead in our country.

Let it burn.

Yeah, nihilism is such a productive philosophy. Why bother trying to achieve justice in a case worthy of it, and when it is attainable, when instead you can just say, "burn, baby, burn!" and "there's all this other corruption, so why bother?"

And sure, as another poster writes, the world is going to hell in a hand basket (my words), but I prefer that the vast majority of animal life, including humans is wiped off the face of the earth, particularly my own and family and friends'.

To paraphrase Mike Tyson: nihilism sounds good until you are looking death and catastrophe (or even global annihilation) in the face.

Well posted

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I'm not sure about you, but for my money "using taxpayer dollars to pay off a lawsuit that you lost" is not an ideology like conservatism or liberalism. And in my world "securities fraud" isn't an ideology, either. Nor is "doing political favors in return for very expensive gifts." That's part of what Paxton is accused of.

Are you sure those are ideologies in YOUR world?

Yet only the right are persecuted and prosecuted for said crimes, I guess the left is ALWAYS innocent and pure of heart.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Paxton was behind bussing illegals to Martha’s Vineyard.

There are no white hats in this shootout.

Are you looking for justice when all 5 families have gone to the mattresses?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The Man is being Railroaded . Who will Replace him , a George Soros Minion ?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Arnie123

The Man is being Railroaded . Who will Replace him , a George Soros Minion ?

Railroaded? Only in the sense that he was stoking the boiler; he has been for the full ride.

Never stoop to tie your shoes when you’re taking a shortcut through your neighbor’s garden.

Paxton spent more time suing the feds than he did prosecuting the interests of justice in the state he ostensibly served. He was indicted on for securities fraud by the state of Texas, and has delayed the charges since 2016 only by being the state atty gen where he was indicted. The clock is about to strike on that one, finally

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

B.S. ................Just another Attempt of the Deep State to Conquer Texas............Peddle that Crap somewhere Else Boyo !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join