It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP tried to clean up Florida

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
its the 21st century.
USA is not racist and hasn't been for decades.

I've spent most of my adult life in Tennessee, Florida and Maryland, and I've never seen a sundown town, nor have I known anyone who would consider such.

the left feels that it must keep the fear and hatred alive so African-Americans and leftist whites will vote Democrat.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: network dude

why are you guys so racist?

Well, good sir, I can say that our racism was probably inherited from our parents, who inherited it from their ancestors, who were divided by politicians who used Blacks as the source of contempt ("you may be poor, but you're not worthless Blacks (insert derogatory term from that time")) The whole thing stretches far back into history, but we don't need to look any further than what's happening in our country in the past 100 years to see how our racism developed.

We had the Klan and others enforcing "Sundown laws" and lynching any Black man who spoke to a White woman. Our fiction (and sometimes history books) promoted the idea that we White people were here to uplift the "Little Brown People", which also included Blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, Irish, Italians and more -- and they really resented us for it.

More than that, we live in our own "the world is just like we see it" bubble, not realizing just how much of an advantage our bubble has.

We, as Whites, don't often experience store detectives following us around because they think we'll shoplift. We don't experience banks denying us loans because of our ethnicity. We don't experience landlords like Mr. Trump deciding that we're undesirables because of the color of our skin and refusing to rent or lease to us. When we look at programs on TV, they're full of White people like us and the other races tend to be supporting characters (or often outright buffoons.) We never had art galleries refuse to hang our paintings because of our skin color (I'm thinking of the "Florida Highwaymen; a group of 25 Black artists who had to resort to selling their works out of the trunks of their cars wherever they could park along the Florida highways (if the cops didn't chase them off.) We never had to use the "separate but equal" facilities that were simply separate and not equal.

I bet you never had the cops stop and grill you about what you were doing as you sat on the front porch of a house your family owned, doing your homework (happened to a student of mine, though). Or question your academic degree because of your race.

And on and on. And that's the stuff in MY living memory.

It's stuff like this that make Blacks in America (and other races as well) very leery of Whites. It also makes it very easy for them to believe that the system is racist against them.

I don't know if you've read 'The Invisible Knapsack', but it is a good analogy for why other races have problems with Whites. (Here's a video, if you prefer those)

So, basically, we Whites are training them to be racist.

I don't see much of an effort on ATS to UNtrain them from being racist (quietly points to all the threads about Michelle Obama being ugly/trans/looking like a monkey here on ATS) and frankly I wish you guys would do better.

I suppose admitting is the first step, so good on your for that. Now it's one day at a time.

It's usually a good idea to know more about people before you call them all racists, but then, projection of one's own sins seems to be more of a thing for some folks. Frankly, I sure hope you guys do better.
edit on 29-5-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Because you are not aware does not mean a heck of a lot. If you are not a person of color, you do not need to be aware. Here's a link just on Arkansas. These policies went into the 2000s and beyond, so we're not talking ancient history and this is just one state.

Link

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Well when you make posts like this that talk about "inherited racism" as if you are born being racist, then yeah ... you are part of the problem.

You may as well type, "See, I am white and racist and proud of it!"

Jeez, you are everything you accuse us of being and you don't even see it. You try to dress it up as a virtue because you claim to be "woke" which means you are aware you're a racist, but it's like endlessly saying "sorry". You don't change how you behave, you just endlessly apologize for acting wrong and point fingers at everyone else.

Well, I'm not a racist, and I refuse to apologize for what I don't do. I am also done with feeling guilty for having been born. I've been there through bullying and it's an ugly state of mind. I'm not letting a bunch of white saviors convert me back to it.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: ElGoobero

Because you are not aware does not mean a heck of a lot. If you are not a person of color, you do not need to be aware. Here's a link just on Arkansas. These policies went into the 2000s and beyond, so we're not talking ancient history and this is just one state.
Link

just about all that was 1970 or before.
if this was going on in the 1990s why didn't Bill Clinton fix it?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So the NAACP are admitting that they are being disingenuous while trying to manipulate minorities?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join