It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP tried to clean up Florida

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

The NAACP’s travel advisory for Black people considering a visit or move to Florida has less to do with potential travelers and more to do with rallying the Black residents of the state to counter Republican-led policies, members of the civil rights organization told NBC News.

Leon W. Russell, the chairman of the NAACP national board of directors, who lives in Tampa, said the travel advisory was an informational and strategic tactic to galvanize Black voters, especially Black men, against Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.

This is the greatest gift any state could have. The kind of person who would listen to and react to somethings idiotic like this, is NOT the kind of person you would like to have surrounding you. And there are plenty of blue states with deep blue cities that would love to have more hive mind members around. So this is a win/win/win.

The NAACP can feel high and mighty that they showed that Desantis guy, That Desantis guy can rest easy as he won't be overrun with DERP's, and the good folks in Florida won't have to live with the curse of being overrun by DERP's.

I can only hope there is more of this that extends to other states. Putting like minded folk together.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is the NAACP still a thing? I thought they got thrown out along with all the irrelevant black civil rights history everyone seems to conveniently ignore.

You don't hear those real champions of humanity being referenced much anymore, do you? Nope.

The power now is the mob and the gun. Both of which are almost entirely ignored due to demographic statistics.

The irony is so easy that it's boring.🥱💤

edit on 5/25/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I'd say they are busy trying to help all the inner city kids in Chicago, but I'm not sure that's still a priority. They will probably work on that right after they finish with Florida.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Its OK to be white..

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundsofmadness

Its OK to be white..

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Florida has a diverse population. This is just a wonderful way to limit the DERP's. DERP's come in all shades.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Its OK to be white..

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Florida has a diverse population. This is just a wonderful way to limit the DERP's. DERP's come in all shades.

I think it has everything to do with it.

They are trying to say dont go to Florida there are to many white people and white people are bad.

The NAACP is bad and very racist

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soundsofmadness

on that end of things, I agree. I just don't see Florida as a racist state.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Its OK to be white..

Noone ever said it wasn't.
I do think the NAACP is really showing its hand here.
It's also irritating that these organizations advise others to not travel to places just to garnish votes from a certain demographic.
That in itself is racist.
I've never met a person from Florida that is racist. I know they exist but that is going to be true for all towns or cities across the world.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
DeSantis puts the greatest ally first: www.fox35orlando.com...

From 2019, NAACP, everyone but White people, or something... forward.com...

Ethnostates gonna ethnostate to preserve ethnicity and culture... unless the premier ethnostate has something to say about it, and they use people with alleged good intentions like Desantis to make a mess even worse. Europe, for example. The United States had the united part in unity.

The Melting Pot is slag. So much for Megiddo, and Florida, and sensibility.
Give peace a chance? Frankie say relax? 20 euro says he snaps.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

BLM took the crown as the biggest scam around so the NAACP has some work to do in reclaiming that title.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

BLM took the crown as the biggest scam around so the NAACP has some work to do in reclaiming that title.

That is no lie.
It's super mucked up what they did.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: ketsuko

That is no lie.
It's super mucked up what they did.

You’re their biggest cheerleader . Is it April fools today?

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   
everyone is so sick of these lame groups trying to divide us. so if it keeps these idiots away that are always looking to create non existent "social issues" with promises of money at the end of the rainbow for the affected, then keep it up

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

one of the top dawgs at blm stole the money and bought a mansion. Now, you would that think with showing up to people's houses to annoy them over something awful they have done being so en vogue, we would have seen large masses gathering and protesting. after all, the main subject of the story is the crook's HOUSE. but no, guess it doesn't matter for that

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You guys don't seem to be able to tell the difference between Black Lives Matter and the NAACP. I take it you don't spend much time talking to many minorities, so you probably aren't aware that "sundown towns" still exist in our country These are places that would not be welcoming to Blacks and others, including trans, gay, and minorities.

Ever since the 1900's there have been books circulating in the Black community. The most popular one was the famous Green Book that listed the places where it was safe to stop, buy gas, buy a meal, or rent a room. I don't know if you can imagine what it would be like to drive through an area where no one has a skin tone the same as you and where you might be robbed or harrassed because your skin color said you didn't belong to the community, but this is the experience of minority travelers.

So... I was in Florida the week that this broke and chatted up the housekeepers at the condos where we stay (we've been going there for over 35 years, and they all know us) - I phrased the question as "My trainer at the gym, who is Black, is wanting to come to Florida on vacation (this is true, by the way) and was kind of weirded out about the story of the NAACP and travel ban. Is this some sort of loony thing or does he need to be careful here in Florida?"

(neutral question, as you see, and allows for the "OMG, that's such a silly thing" response)

But the response I got from the folks I talked to was "Yeah, he'd better watch his step in Florida. It's not as friendly as you think."

So... your experiences tell you one thing. The Black people I spoke with told me that the NAACP concerns had some real basis to the advisory.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

You guys don't seem to be able to tell the difference between Black Lives Matter and the NAACP. I take it you don't spend much time talking to many minorities, so you probably aren't aware that "sundown towns" still exist in our country These are places that would not be welcoming to Blacks and others, including trans, gay, and minorities.

Ever since the 1900's there have been books circulating in the Black community. The most popular one was the famous Green Book that listed the places where it was safe to stop, buy gas, buy a meal, or rent a room. I don't know if you can imagine what it would be like to drive through an area where no one has a skin tone the same as you and where you might be robbed or harrassed because your skin color said you didn't belong to the community, but this is the experience of minority travelers.

So... I was in Florida the week that this broke and chatted up the housekeepers at the condos where we stay (we've been going there for over 35 years, and they all know us) - I phrased the question as "My trainer at the gym, who is Black, is wanting to come to Florida on vacation (this is true, by the way) and was kind of weirded out about the story of the NAACP and travel ban. Is this some sort of loony thing or does he need to be careful here in Florida?"

(neutral question, as you see, and allows for the "OMG, that's such a silly thing" response)

But the response I got from the folks I talked to was "Yeah, he'd better watch his step in Florida. It's not as friendly as you think."

So... your experiences tell you one thing. The Black people I spoke with told me that the NAACP concerns had some real basis to the advisory.

why are you guys so racist?

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Where were they during Spring Break? I know, twerking on the Dade County Sheriffs cars.....

Back then they were telling those from all black colleges to have a good time.....

Politics = RACIST....

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002023-05-27T12:34:56-05:001256 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

why are you guys so racist?

Well, good sir, I can say that our racism was probably inherited from our parents, who inherited it from their ancestors, who were divided by politicians who used Blacks as the source of contempt ("you may be poor, but you're not worthless Blacks (insert derogatory term from that time")) The whole thing stretches far back into history, but we don't need to look any further than what's happening in our country in the past 100 years to see how our racism developed.

We had the Klan and others enforcing "Sundown laws" and lynching any Black man who spoke to a White woman. Our fiction (and sometimes history books) promoted the idea that we White people were here to uplift the "Little Brown People", which also included Blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, Irish, Italians and more -- and they really resented us for it.

More than that, we live in our own "the world is just like we see it" bubble, not realizing just how much of an advantage our bubble has.

We, as Whites, don't often experience store detectives following us around because they think we'll shoplift. We don't experience banks denying us loans because of our ethnicity. We don't experience landlords like Mr. Trump deciding that we're undesirables because of the color of our skin and refusing to rent or lease to us. When we look at programs on TV, they're full of White people like us and the other races tend to be supporting characters (or often outright buffoons.) We never had art galleries refuse to hang our paintings because of our skin color (I'm thinking of the "Florida Highwaymen; a group of 25 Black artists who had to resort to selling their works out of the trunks of their cars wherever they could park along the Florida highways (if the cops didn't chase them off.) We never had to use the "separate but equal" facilities that were simply separate and not equal.

I bet you never had the cops stop and grill you about what you were doing as you sat on the front porch of a house your family owned, doing your homework (happened to a student of mine, though). Or question your academic degree because of your race.

And on and on. And that's the stuff in MY living memory.

It's stuff like this that make Blacks in America (and other races as well) very leery of Whites. It also makes it very easy for them to believe that the system is racist against them.

I don't know if you've read 'The Invisible Knapsack', but it is a good analogy for why other races have problems with Whites. (Here's a video, if you prefer those)

So, basically, we Whites are training them to be racist.

I don't see much of an effort on ATS to UNtrain them from being racist (quietly points to all the threads about Michelle Obama being ugly/trans/looking like a monkey here on ATS) and frankly I wish you guys would do better.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Where were they during Spring Break? I know, twerking on the Dade County Sheriffs cars.....

Back then they were telling those from all black colleges to have a good time.....

... and this is a very good example of how Whites can bolster racism.

Because there's Black people who will read this and judge all Whites (and all Trump voters and by that extension all conservatives and all Republicans) are basically pretty racist and they will react negatively to us.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: matafuchs

... and this is a very good example of how Whites can bolster racism.

Because there's Black people who will read this and judge all Whites (and all Trump voters and by that extension all conservatives and all Republicans) are basically pretty racist and they will react negatively to us.

Right up there with the most ignorant and dumbest things I’ve heard on this site but for today the internet is all yours. Critical thinking is dead.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join