It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Waters in trouble for wearing a Nazi SS uniform

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

What's the likelihood this is because of his criticisms of Ukraine?

It's because of his criticisms of Zionist Israel , that's not allowed anymore since criticism of Israel was redefined as Antisemitism , now the Cancel brigade are looking to destroy him.

Nice try trying to blame Ukraine though.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: gortex

I can't help by think, if a Floyd show triggers these folks this much, would they survive a viewing of Inglourious Basterds?
www.imdb.com...

Being that "Inglorious Basterds" doesn't glorify the Nazi's, unlike how Water's performance could be interpreted, I think the folk in question wouldn't have a problem with the former. I could, however, imagine that some people might have a problem with the fictional history it portrays, i.e. the Yanks and French Resistance killing Uncle Adolf (oops, spoiler alert)/sarcasm.

it would take a special kind of stupid person to think that Waters was glorifying Nazi's, having listened to the music and understanding the lyrics. Those are likely the one's crying the loudest. And then there are the apologists.....

Given the anti-Nazi/anti-hate laws in Germany, I imagine that artistic interpretation isn't given a lot of consideration. However, out of curiosity I just did a search and found that the musical "The Producers" played to receptive crowds in Berlin, and no hissy fit ensued, so the hubbub over RW's performance does seem weird given that.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Roger Waters has released a statement addressing the current controversy and his belief as to the reason behind it.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

it's a shame that even needed to be said.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join