It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former UN exec. spells it out.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
So WHY would they WANT food shortages?

What is the goal?

What does WHOMEVER gain?

Logical answers only please.

Evidence-based, logical answers and respectfully not just something some guy on the internet said.

I see a lot of posts about this but nothing that makes sense as to the "plan" and why.

Holodomor

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bastion

Even *if* you can transform soil to make it work, why the demand to go wholesale if know it will take years? That is a recipe for disaster.

If it can be done, the shift would seem to be one of slow stages, like a crop rotation cycle in order to minimize global food production and risk widespread famine.

That's precisley the main problem and why such rulings are stupid - the 10 years only applies to the paticular climmate zone I live in (Zone 5 of Geographical farming) - different zones will take longer or shorter and many zones and crops may not be suited to such methods.

As you say it can only work with a slow shift and gradual introduction - there's a hell of a lot of learning and training involved in such an approach - I volunteer on a farm using purely organic means but several of the heads have PHDs in the area of soil science and centuries of practical farming using such methods between them.

I know nothing about rice or paddy fields apart from them being incredibly wet/flooded which completely rules out the aproaches we use as all beneficial bacteria and fungi would wash out the soil in a few weeks and the soil would be anerobic instead of the aerobic soil conditions organic means are suitable for.

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: bastion

(the whole 'organic is healthier for you' mantra is bunk though).

I find that statement rather surprising when considering the amount of known harmful chemicals in the food chain from farm to table. Many of them are known carcinogens and hormone disrupters, which is a proven fact; no bunk included. 'Forever chemicals' like PFAS would be a good place to start researching.

Great point - I worded my original post terribly as I was only considering the fertiliser side rather than pesticides. Pesticides are plain scary

I'm not familiar with that paticular one but will look into it thanks - a lot of pesticides are watered down nerve agents that build up over time with consumption (hence why the fruit/veg needs to be soaked/peeled for hours) - they also decimate flora and fauna.

I'm from the UK rather than US where most of the dangerous chemicals are banned and we don't allow most US food currently as it is so full of harmfull chemicals, hormones and radiation.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Huh...I didn't know Sri Lanka was African. lol

Welcome to the new Africa, Bwana ...

Cheers

new topics

<< 1   >>

join