It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeClassifying Documents Risks Lives Says the FBI - Any Historical Truth to This.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
since when does it make sense to demand evidence to prove your own accusations? are they #ing idiots?

that's like walking up to some random stranger and saying "oh hey you robbed someone, give me evidence you did it or I'll arrest you for having no evidence of a nonexistent crime you never committed"

we got some real einsteins in the house of Representatives

You've got the analogy all wrong. Congress isn't going up to Joe Bidden asking for evidence. They're asking the department that's supposed to help carry out justice. This is more like the district attorney (Congress) asking the police (FBI) to provide the evidence that will convict the accused bank robber (Joe Bidden).

Unfortunately, the bank robber in this story is the boss and the police work for him.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Of course lives are at risk… because if the American people knew what they’ve been doing to them they’d all be friggin hung… they’re not lying… just distorting the truth to serve themselves and save their own necks from a good quality stretching… 😉👍

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Lives at risk? Do the crime, do the time. How can you have any successful prosecution if you can't name the perpetrator.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

since when does it make sense to demand evidence to prove your own accusations? are they -snipped- idiots?

Since they have the right to demand it, given by the people that elected them, and the FBI has a duty to provide it for the people that pay their salary?

Last I checked the "einsteins" in government were able to use proper grammar and punctuation in their documents, with no potty words.

Perhaps your house has a bit too much glass to be throwing rocks?
Shameful. A moderator is pointing out language and grammar as a means of demeaning another’s comment.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
big people in fbi hiding plenty

look how many got fired before with the trump fisa mess

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Could Bill Clinton be the verified whistle blower? He is close to death, both in age and in health, so a normal person in his life position might try and do the right thing in order to make things right before they die.

I firmly believe there are no corrupt politicians or businessmen that believe in God and the hereafter; if they did, they wouldn't be into the destruction, mayhem and death their action directly and indirectly cause. They talk the talk, yet live some of the most corrupt and immoral lives imaginable.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a story from the friends of Epstein.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As a former service member that served on submarines, I can say that unclassification of those operations would most certainly cost lives.

If foreign states were aware of the routes, locations, missions, and capabilities of our assets, we would lose many subs and crews.

Sadly, I had a few encounters during my career where local civilians were aware of planned movements before the submarine crew, only due to the politicians getting involved.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Guess you failed to comprehend the other part of it, even though it was in the quote you posted: declassifying information during an investigation also jeopardizes the investigation. Moreover, some of the material they don't want to declassify is uncorroborated testimony by one witness.

So, as usual, you cherry pick the item you want out of a statement, and ignore the rest in order to make your slanted point and title of a thread. Not impressed as usual. But hey, no doubt you'll get a lot of stars from your group think fellow travelers.

I'm not naive, however, and fully realize that the gub'mint often just doesn't want to release information, but during an ongoing investigation it is a reasonable thing to not release or declassify information. After the investigation is completed and possible indictments are made, that's when information needs to be released. That's what habeas corpus and discovery are all about, as well as transparency in government.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This week, the FBI told Congress it can't share evidence it has that JOE BIDEN accepted a bribe to affect (effect?) American Policy towards a particular country, when he was Barack Obama's Vice President.

THE REASON? Sharing this with Congress might jeopardize human life...

No matter the reason, the FBI can't or doesn't have to respond to a request if there is an ongoing investigation.

A lot of people don't seem to get that people in Congress are not investigators. They need to stop overstepping.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Gothmog

Tis a not too far off thing to be considered.
Especially given all the crap that is coming out and the inaction by the FBI to clear its own name.
I would like to give them the benefit of a doubt because I am not privy to the inner workings and such that goes on.
But I just can't anymore.
I hope they can prove me wrong, only time will tell.

The FBI is desperate to get the fancy new Headquarters Building promised by Congress, when it was led by Democrats.

However, the new GOP Congress is threatening to cancel the project until recent/current FBI crimes (not "alleged" crimes) can be explained: www.politico.com...

GOOD!

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

This week, the FBI told Congress it can't share evidence it has that JOE BIDEN accepted a bribe to affect (effect?) American Policy towards a particular country, when he was Barack Obama's Vice President.

No matter the reason, the FBI can't or doesn't have to respond to a request if there is an ongoing investigation.

A lot of people don't seem to get that people in Congress are not investigators. They need to stop overstepping.

It seems a certain segment of posters are intentionally obtuse on this point regarding the FBI providing information on ongoing investigations, in order that they can fabricate a reason to criticize the opposition -- both the politicians, and everyday folk across the aisle, so to speak.

I'll quibble with you, though, over your statement that Congress are not investigators; they are meant to be fact finders, and in that way they can do investigation to some degree. But Congress investigating the investigators regarding an ongoing investigation is a non-starter.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Before I get started...

Using CAPS LOCK to get attention died at least a decade ago, Use Italics for emphasis.

But Declassifying documents can hurt people, legit or not. In many western nations, It is an absolute prerogative to protect sources depending on the outcome. Fat man and Little boy ended WWII and killed thousands of americans but saved millions, and after decades the veil has been lifted...armed with these facts, would you rewrite history? would you take back those lives lost at the trinity tests so you didn't have to salute to the flag of the rising sun?

It's sad but true, as the DOOM poster once told me 'progress takes sacrifice' and some times that sacrifice takes deceiving your people, for all we know TPTB have sacrificed a hell of a lot to make sure you are living and breathing today.

Machiavelli knew this.

edit on 26-5-2023 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

since when does it make sense to demand evidence to prove your own accusations? are they #ing idiots?

that's like walking up to some random stranger and saying "oh hey you robbed someone, give me evidence you did it or I'll arrest you for having no evidence of a nonexistent crime you never committed"

we got some real einsteins in the house of Representatives
is it telling the site moderators response to you? Why react with such vitriol to defend the “Einsteins” in government?

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If people would be "at risk" or there is an "ongoing investigation" lol, that is why they can give classified briefings, there is no legit reason to deny requested information by the people who are supposed to be keeping an eye on things in the govt.

The only reason the fbi thinks this BS is a legit response is congress hasnt done their job in a long time so this new breed dont know how to deal with actual attempts at oversight.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Bill being a whistleblower makes alot of sense actually. Imagine being married to Killary for almost 50 years! If she were to try to take her own husband out she'd have to make it look like an attack on her too...while conveniently in Florida.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Guess you failed to mention the other other part of it, which I noticed was entirely absent from your reply, that sometimes a document is classified simply to keep illegal activity from receiving public scrutiny.

Oh sure, if D-Day had not been a so closely guarded secret, it might not have turned out so well for us. Ongoing investigations, protecting opsec, that is also a thing.

What is also a thing though, a thing that should not be, is government elected officials, appointees, and the employees of corporations committing major crimes and not receiving any oversight or justice for their wrongdoing due to the documentation of those criminal activities being shrouded in secrecy, illegally I might add.

Last I checked, protecting criminals from exposure of illegal activities was not a valid reason to classify a document. Nevertheless, our government has had a longstanding practice of doing exactly that.

Too compromised or complicit I'd presume, though there could be the possibility with some well meaning individuals that they just don't know where to start or how exactly to proceed into that dangerous territory of actually doing something about it.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer sent a letter to FBI Director Wray today, stating that the FBI has "failed to produce the FD-1023 form, or offer any reasonable accommodation that would allow the Committee to review the document."

According to the letter, Comer is giving the FBI until Tuesday May 30th to comply with the subpoena, and threatened to "initiate contempt of Congress proceedings" if the agency refuses to hand over the document.

In a statement to Fox News, an FBI spokesperson said: "The FBI’s mission is to protect the American people. Releasing confidential source information could jeopardize investigations and put lives at risk.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Those of you who have been following events and investigations that ultimately were made NON-Classified/DE-Classified, did you see anything in the documents that would have "endangered lives" at that time?

--For instance, every time President Trump tried to declassify documents related to the Crossfire Hurricane investigation, even after it was over, his Attorney General, CIA Director and Director-of-Intelligence, would tell him that De-Classifying these documents would be jeopardize LIVES and expose Sources and Methods. And, if he went around them and declassified C.H. materials unilaterally, he'd be impeached and removed from office.

--When Consumer Advocate organization JUDICIAL WATCH was finally able to get ONE of the important Crossfire Hurricane documents de-classified during the height of the Covid-19 Pandemic (5/26/2020), the information turned out to be more incriminating of U.S. Government officials, than a Risk to innocent Human Lives and Sources! (Naturally, 95% of the News Media ignored it.)

--Here is a good Judicial Watch video summary of the Hillary Clinton-devised and Barack Obama-approved, Electronic Communications (EC) document that initiated the Crossfire Hurricane "Trump Entrapment" program: www.judicialwatch.org...

--And a News Article description of the freshly declassified "EC" document: thehill.com...

DOES ANYONE KNOW of an FBI (not military) Declassified Document that, had it been Declassified during the "operation" or "investigation", would have jeopardized human life? One that you've seen and said to yourself, "Oh Wow... I see why the FBI kept that information classified!"?

-CareWeMust
The reason that Biden , Bush , Clinton , Obama & Trump get away with things is because the corruption is complete.
There are very few Democrats or Republicans that are not bent over a barrel , because of shady dealings they do .
Why do you even care ?
Here is how you make a change , quit voting for democrats & republicans .

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

There is ALWAYS an "ongoing investigation".

The crooked DOJ used that excuse to not declassify documents President Trump asked to be declassified (the traditional way).

When President Trump wanted to fire Rod Rosenstein for helping Obama-Comey launch a Coup disguised as Russian Collusion Investigation, he was told by crooked advisors that he couldn't fire any top DOJ people while an "ongoing investigation" was occurring.

"Ongoing Investigation" is a catch-all that's used to PROTECT criminals many times. I'd like to know if any President has been impeached for declassifying documents, or firing a cabinet member, during an "ongoing investigation"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join