It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foot Pain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have a weird pain in my left foot, you can't see anything, you can't feel anything if you touch it, but it's just there. The upper side between toes and ancles.
So yesterday in the park I just took my shoes off and went barefoot on all the different surfaces and it took a little but:
It totally relaxed.
The pain was gone. Until I had to put back on shoes, but well... I will do it again.
It's also good for your perfusion, balance and general well-being.

Moral of the story:
shoes off!

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Perhaps you have a hair that is growing into your skin between the toes. Very common in hairdressers. Have cut your own hair recently. And maybe wearing shoes, squashes the toes in just the right way to cause pressure that pushes on the hair. Just a possibility.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

What? no

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Perhaps you have a hair that is growing into your skin between the toes. Very common in hairdressers. Have cut your own hair recently. And maybe wearing shoes, squashes the toes in just the right way to cause pressure that pushes on the hair. Just a possibility.

Just reread your post. I should read properly before answering, one of my life lessons. Sorry apologies and sorry you are suffering

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Get better shoes.

That's not being flippant, my wife is an R.N., works 12 hour shifts and spends much of that time on her feet. She buys 2 pairs of shoes about every 3 months to be able to switch back and forth and spends about $300 for 2 pair. Otherwise she is miserable after being on her feet so much.
Good shoes are a must.

She also gets foot rubs from her wonderful, adoring, handsome, virile, macho husband.

....did I mention handsome ?

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Get better shoes.

That's not being flippant, my wife is an R.N., works 12 hour shifts and spends much of that time on her feet. She buys 2 pairs of shoes about every 3 months to be able to switch back and forth and spends about $300 for 2 pair. Otherwise she is miserable after being on her feet so much.
Good shoes are a must.

She also gets foot rubs from her wonderful, adoring, handsome, virile, macho husband.

....did I mention handsome ?

I suppose when you make the decision to let her out of the kitchen and decide to make your own sammiches, you have to sacrifice a little. Good on you.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Shoes off!!

You may want to stretch out and do some foot exercises.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

She makes them before she goes to work.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Definitely sounds like you need better shoes.

Happy feet make for happy you.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I used to cohost a pro-barefoot-24/7 lifestyle podcast. I'm that guy.
Shoes are tools like hats and gloves - you don't need them on all the time Lol.

Anyway, your shoes are not allowing the 90+ moving parts of your left foot to move properly, and your gait is mos def off; probably from other asymmetrical habits over time like a heavy satchel or long distance driving.

Just a thought, miss Peeple. Be ye healed.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I was in the park yesterday, and my butt hurt.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Could be shoes, but could also have to do with a need for grounding...

It is a real thing. I keep meaning to buy some high quality grounding bedding, but keep putting it off...

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I had this too at some point , but for me I had to wear high heels for a while for it to go away!
Weird, but it helped me.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Sounds superficial.
nerve issues maybe?
Is the pain on the bridge?
You got new shoes, or were unusually often walking in the öast days?
I've had that but couldn't tell you what I did, or where it came from. I do barefoot often, though.

If taking out what hurts in the park is your thing, I'd love to be there when you're butthurt, oh wait that's your default...
Call me when the melons hurt.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If going without shoes helped, look up barefoot shoes. They are a thing.

I might consider going without shoes when you can, barefoot shoes at other times, and traditional shoes when necessary and make certain they are quality and properly fitted.

I go barefoot a lot between the martial arts and never really wearing shoes at home.
edit on 24-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Pics or it didn't happen

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It was an interesting afternoon.
At one point, I believe I heard the words "indecent exposure".

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You might have strained your foot a little and the shoes put pressure onto the area that is hurt. Could be almost anything got hurt a little in the foot somewhere. I have had weird stuff happen like that before, I had problems wearing shoes for a week one time and it was good I was not working at the time. I just did stuff around the yard and in the house.

A tiny sliver of fiberglass or just plain glass can cause that too. Fiberglass strands fall off of fiberglass markers on trails or from parts of broken fiberglass things that cracked and get stuck in your body sometimes. They are hard to pull out because they can bend when they go in through the skin and are not easy to see. Had fiberblass fibers in my hands and one foot many times throughout my life. I have had glass slivers more than once from shattered glass, they encapsulate eventually and seem to go inward when pressure is put on them, eventually forming a tiny lump and festering and you can squeeze them out after six months to a year. I worked construction and worked on cars a lot doing bodywork and repairs. So I got many of those kind of things stuck in me......and most times they are hard to see if they get buried till they get pushed up a tad and squeezed so you can grab them. Had to go to a doctor to get a few removed over my lifetime too.

Can't say what is causing your problem, but I would guess it is most likely that you hurt one of the joints between the foot bones but that is just a wild guess. Could be anything.

I have gotten a little wire stuck in my foot a couple of times...stainless steel wire from a wire brush that goes on my grinder. They get into my shoe and sock and sometimes are pressed into my foot or toe. I had one of those in the side of my toe for over a month, an quarter inch long. My granddaughter pulled it out with needlenose one day and it instantly got better. You can get those from grill brushes too, they fall off and you get them in your foot. I guess a lot of people get grill brush wires in their guts from them getting left on the grill from wirebrushing it and get stuck to the side of the grate till something is cooked again. I never got one of those in my belly that I know of but have got a couple stuck in the roof of my mouth. They are stainless steel too and do not dissolve in the stomach acid. The nylon type ones can't be used on hot flaming grills and they suck.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I will also say it's possible you injured your foot or ankle, and not even necessarily the one you noticed pain in.

I injured my left foot and it threw me off enough that I developed plantar fasciatis in the right.

Thankfully I just had to wear an adjustable arch support for a while to correct things, but feet can be very sensitive to little changes.

top topics

join