It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

windows 11 thoughts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
so...i am getting used to this 11 things have been hard to find, which i dont understand. it is not so much better as just different. what is the point? they could have stayed with XP and just built on that. i just dont get it, switch everything around and call it a new system...wow. i guess i just dont understand, what am i missing?

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Still has a lot of compatibility issues regarding to hardware. Nothing surprising as each new release of Windows is plagued with this. This will eventually subside as time goes on. On top of that, you got to really look at if Windows 11 is supported when buying a new machine. Also, Windows 10 still has official support until 2025, so if you're not totally sure you should be upgrading towards it, you can still use 10.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
zorin.com...
ubuntu.com...

That's what I think of 95% of Microsoft products, as a developer stuck in their ecosystem.

I like dotnet, but as usual, Microsoft ruin it with Maui. "Multiplatform... except Linux."

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Those idiots at microsucks never take into account the older users who find it hard to learn a new OS and all the heartache of printers ,keyboards etc not working with the new OS .

I can remember being happy with 256 mb of ram and a 20 gig hard drive and still do exactly the same routine that I always did when I first got a computer, I just don't understand why I need stupid amounts of ram just to surf the net as you can tell I am not a gamer . I do have windows 10 on a machine and have noticed pictures etc vanishing from the computer as have others along with cracked software.

I actually loved my windows 8.1 phone it was simple to use and a lot easier than android then microsucks in their wisdom shut it down along with their servers making every windows phone a brick .

I ain't no cash cow for microsucks or apple

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

edit on Thu Dec 7 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
has anyone upgraded to wimdows 11 from windows 10? microsoft keeps telling me it is ready for download on my computer. has anyone heard of any probs with windows 11? any feed back would be great, thank you

Just install Open-Shell and tweak it to your liking and you're good to go.

There were some issues when it was first released (just like with 10), but they're pretty much all resolved now - and it finally allows for full dark mode even for system related tasks (unlike 10).

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timber13
a reply to: autopat51

You're good on 11. The taskbar will confuse you slightly, being in the center like a Mac for some reason.

Easily remedied via a simple personalization tweak...

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: tanstaafl
There are a few waaaayyy better than that .

Such as?

In fact , having the Win 10 look is built right in to the OS itself .

The reason I install Open-Shell is I loathe the Start 'Panel' garbage and much prefer the old Windows 200 style Start Menu. Open-Shell lets you choose between a few different variations, including the windows 7 style.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
ok, so i downloaded 11...tiings are really weird now....i have no idea how to even shut it down..i guess i just press the button on the puter till it shuts offf?

No, NEVER do that unless it is completely lockled up, You risk disk/data corruption when doing an hard reset like that.

A simple Web search revewals how to shut it down - or, like I said, install Open-Shell and return to sanity.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

That's one thing most people do not know, Windows allows users to change the program that makes the interface between the user and Windows, so people can have the Windows system behind the scenes but a completely different look.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If you don't need a specific piece of software that only runs on Windows, just install Ubuntu.

Everything runs better on Linux, even games.

Start here:
ubuntu.com...

If you want something a little different, try here:
ubuntu.com...

edit on 12-1-2024 by ashisnotanidiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ashisnotanidiot

That's not the topic of the thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

?

My thoughts on Windows 11 are:

If you don't need software that ONLY runs on Windows, use Ubuntu instead.

Seems pretty on topic to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I've done both Fresh installs and upgrades.

Both work fine. Though I always recommend a fresh install. I also recommend installing on a new system. But it will install on older pc's as long a you have a tpm module on it. I have an older laptop that's a i7 3720qm that runs good with it.

I've been using Win 11 since May 2022. Haven't had any major issues with it.

And with Win 10 going end of life next year. Upgrade soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ashisnotanidiot

If you read the opening post you will see that the topic is not what you think about Windows 11 but thoughts about possible (or actual) problems with the Windows 11 upgrade.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I read the opening post. My opinion still falls within the bounds of it has not changed, regardless of how incompatible it is with yours.

Ubuntu.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

And with Win 10 going end of life next year. Upgrade soon.

WTF geez I am getting old dude I does not seem like 2 minutes ago they were releasing it and saying it will be their last OS ever , And it would just be updated regularly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join