It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the path forward?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Specifically, what is the path forward for the Republican party? What is the current ideology of the conservative party and what is it doing to attract memberships and voters? This is necessary to sustain the longevity of the party, it's essential for the party to continue operating as it has for decades.

But with the fairly recent culture wars and the legal wars that have seen entire groups of citizens lose their long held rights, the support for the republican party is falling. The numbers of registered republicans are shifting over to the other groups.

In 2023, the breakdown of reported registered voters at this point in time in the US is as such:

Democrat -- 48,375,045
Independent -- 42,267,160
Republican -- 36,910,987

Link

Now, the total registered voters for 2023 is 215 million, which means not all states report all the breakdowns and the statistics due to their own state laws. But these numbers add up to nearly a 130 million people. That is a large enough sample to look at.

In the past, only a handful of years back, the independent group was the largest. The democrats were second largest, but only by a hair. Only by a million or two people. And the independents would generally decide the election.

So, what is the goal? What is the path forward?

If alienating groups of people you don't agree with and solidifying support with only the core group that is dwindling in size doesn't work for growing the party, what needs to change then?

How can the republican party become more inclusive again? How can it grow? Do any republicans here even wish to go back to those times?

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I personally know dozens of Democrats who voted for Trump.

...twice.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A large group of quality candidates for president in the GOP.
Tim Scott
Niki Haley
Desantis
And a few others should step in as well.

Trump will be a lame duck day 1 if he gets the nod, so should he be the guy, whomever he pics for VEEP should have a good chance to shine and emerge strong in 2028. If Trump gets beaten in the primary, then our choices are still good. It looks much brighter on this side based on the reality of the situation.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What is the path forward?
Reverse.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Maybe too many independents are mad with biden and will vote for a popular republican
the u.s. economy is a problem and big pressure from immigration

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Trump could a would a should a ran as independent -if your numbers jive.

The uniparty of racketeering extortionists could use a good reckoning.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Interesting numbers... and I don't believe them for a minute.

According to Gallup's most recent poll asking, "In politics, as of today, do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat or an independent?" --

30% consider themselves Republican
41% consider themselves Independent
27% consider themselves Democrat

Those are some very big differences. I know the numbers are very different in my own state, Arizona --

34.57% -- Republican
34.33% -- Independent
30.30% -- Democrat

As for your question, I really don't think it's a valid question these days. The Republican party is fractured between the Trumpers and the Never Trumpers... just like the Democrat party is fractured between the woke and the not woke. Although, it should be pointed out that the Republican fracture is much more apparent, because the woke left keeps cancelling the unwoke left, so we don't get to hear from them.

Independents are growing because loads of people from both parties no longer feel the party represents them -- or our nation. Even folks who don't bother changing their party registration are voting according to their heart (not their party).

I know the echo chambers demand that everything is put into Dems vs Pubs terms, but it's not realistic or practical. That's not what's really happening these days.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The link above isn't a poll. It's actual registered numbered pulled straight from the database. World Population Review pulls data straight from the census numbers or registration data.

I respect Gallup, they've been around for a looooong time, but actual registered numbers are more accurate.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The path forward is to choose Christ. Government on shoulders, you see.
All the other camps are absolute chaos, and here we are.
Norsemen are pretty cool, but they let Marvel Studios damage rep. I mean, look at Heimdall Lol.
Get jiggy with hammers, people. Rebuilding after Ragnargeddon is gonna be troll poo.

Good versus Evil. The middle gets run over.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

The link above isn't a poll. It's actual registered numbered pulled straight from the database. World Population Review pulls data straight from the census numbers or registration data.

Well, their numbers are do not match all state records, at least not mine, so I question their sources (which they don't specifically cite. The only refer to state databases). The percentages I gave you above for registered Arizona voters came directly from the Arizona Secretary of State's office. The numbers listed at World Population Review are not the same:

Arizona SoS office vs World Population Review+:

Republicans -- 1,441,026 vs 142,266
Democrats -- 1,263,056 vs 1,287,179
Independent -- 1,430,950 vs 1,401,450

I would also note that many states and counties have big problems with removing dead and other illegitimate voters from the rolls. Some states/counties have only done so after being ordered to do so by a court. Many states have ceased contracting with ERIC, because they have failed to keep the voter rolls clean and accurate. So numbers alone do not tell the tale when those numbers alone are not accurate.

I respect Gallup, they've been around for a looooong time, but actual registered numbers are more accurate.

That's just not true. As noted above, the registration numbers themselves are not necessarily maintained properly, and the numbers at World Population Review do not accurately reflect at least one state's registration numbers.

Nor do mere numbers on paper represent voter sentiment. There are plenty of unhappy voters on both sides, and they are under no obligation to change their registration in some grand show to the world. Most will just vote for who they think is the best candidate, which may or may not be a member of their registered party.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I'm a registered independent but won't vote for another democrat unless the entire party does a 180, so I'm not so sure how accurate those numbers are.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's also interesting to note that in that Gallup poll the numbers for Dems and Repubs were exactly reversed a few months ago, with 27% R and 30% D. Any numbers that can change that quickly obviously don't represent long term trends.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

I'm a registered independent but won't vote for another democrat unless the entire party does a 180, so I'm not so sure how accurate those numbers are.

I wouldn't disbelieve you, but what makes you think your particular idiosyncratic position is representative of independents nationwide?

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: zosimov

I wouldn't disbelieve you, but what makes you think your particular idiosyncratic position is representative of independents nationwide?

Polls of exiting D's

Shrinking of D's base.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Many of my Democrat friends voted for Trump. Because of the way they were treated after aligning with Conservatives, they now will remain Conservative in voting, even though they still remain Democrat by registration. The whole trans agenda has further pushed them away from the party they once proudly defended. Now they berate those who those who walk lock step with liberals, as liars, cheaters, thieves, and pedos

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I see no path forward for the Republican party and while I'm listed as an Independent, the Republicans, at the National Level offer me nothing. I tend to vote almost exclusively for Republicans at the State and Local level, (Texas) but I have no doubt that the Democrat Party Machine will eventually take even my state. It's already done so at the County level and at this point I no longer bother to vote in the County races as I suspect that votes from my precinct, which is largely non-hispanic white, are simply thrown into the trash.

Chicago/California is the future of the US from what I'm seeing. It's a bleak future. But, Demographics is destiny and the people (conservatives) are a dying breed.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The numbers match, you're not reading it well Boadicea.

They are correct, take another look.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Edit to add:

Site 1: Arizona Dem 1,287,179 Rep 1,434,838 Other 1,401,450 Total 4,156,067
Site 2: Arizona Dem 1,263,056 Rep 1,441,026 Other 1,430,950 Total 4,168,416

They're a match, you just weren't reading it right. Off by a hair due to one site having pulled data in August 2022.

Besides, this isn't a thread on Arizona, it's on the US as a whole. And if these numbers are within 0.5 to 1% of each other, then the numbers for the whole of US are also accurate.

edit on 23-5-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The numbers match, you're not reading it well Boadicea.

Really?

They're a match, you just weren't reading it right. Off by a hair due to one site having pulled data in August 2022.

No. "Match" and "off by a hair" are not the same.

Also, it is the World Population Review website which "pulled data in August 2022," while the SoS numbers came from the primary 2023 data. So the SoS data is far more accurate.

And "off by a hair" is subjective to say the least, especially when one looks at the specific differences. The incorrect site with data almost a year old has almost 25,000 too many Dems, almost 7,000 too few Pubs, and almost 30,000 too few Independents. If -- and that's a big "if" -- the World Population Review numbers were accurate in August 2022, then Dems have been bleeding voters, while Pubs have gained a little and Independents have gain a lot.

That doesn't support the findings.

Besides, this isn't a thread on Arizona, it's on the US as a whole.

True, it's not a thread only about Arizona, but Arizona data shows that the World Population Review data is incorrect. If Arizona's data is wrong, then it's reasonable to assume that other states' data is wrong. And if Dems were likewise over-inflated in other states, then it's further reason to doubt their findings.

And if these numbers are within 0.5 to 1% of each other, then the numbers for the whole of US are also accurate.

For all the reasons cited above, I don't think that follows.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Boadicea, the numbers were off by 0.5%. For Arizona. That is a match.

Now, back on topic you seem to want to drag away from. Do you have any other numbers than what I posted for the whole of US?

Please post them in here and try to be on topic. If you don't think the numbers in the OP are accurate, please post some from a credible source. That pull from census data or registration like my link does.

I'll come back and check again later. I understand these numbers are concerning to you, and they should be, but tallies of people in the millions being off by a few thousand over a period of months is a match. I don't know what else to tell you. For example, republican numbers from your source and my source are off by 7 thousand people. Out of 1.44 million republicans. That's less than half percent. That is a match. That means both sites pull data from the same information pool. And then over the months more people register and some people change their affiliation and switch. That is exactly the topic of this thread.

So, back on topic please. With the registration numbers falling sharply among the republicans, what is the path forward? I don't think denial is going to do the job.

top topics

join