It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oneness of Being

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The term "Oneness of Being" is a translation of a Sufi doctrine called "Wahdat al-Wujud". Which echo's the Quran 2:115 verse "Which ever way you turn, there is the face of God". It suggests there is only one supreme reality, that of God. His creation being the manifestation of His being. Thus our being is Gods being, but our essense, whilst full of limitations is not God, whilst we exist within those limitations.

As expressed by the 14th century Christian Meister Eckhart: “The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”. Every love we experience is experienced by God. Every pain we experience is experienced by God. Even our death, will be experienced by God. As Jesus stated, "The Father and I are one". So we are never alone. Everything that there is, exists in us.

Saida Manoubia, a 13th century Sufi female Saint, shared her principals of Love - "A love that is directed primarily to God but for that reason is also extended to fellow creatures as not only creations of God but as reflections and manifestations of Gods being and attributes".

Before we can extend our love to the manifestations of God. We must first love the pure essence that is within ourselves. Understanding that past mistakes (sins) originated from an understanding, that is foreign to our true nature, today.

Hindu Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj quote “Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows.”

Find that limitless love that exists in you. It exists in the silence of mind. Judaism Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God..."

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

For me, the ''crack'' in what you have presented here glend is this.

[Understanding that past mistakes (sins) originated from an understanding, that is foreign to our true nature, today.

This idea of oneness yet within this oneness finding something, anything, that is '''foreign to our true nature'' is a huge hurdle to understanding the entire concept of oneness.. To me it leads to the concept of ''otherness'' that has crept into ''oneness''. ? Yeah? Do you see how I'm thinking here?

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

"Do you see how I'm thinking here?"

Struggling! Otherness is merely a construct of memories, no? If we do not accept that those memories define our true being. There is no hurdle to overcome in understanding oneness. The barriers of limitations will eventually fall away by themselves. Allowing us to "experience" oneness first hand. It is not theoretical, it be very real.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There is no "God" outside of yourself.

The original "ONE" fractioned itself into all Souled Beings to create individuality.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

"Do you see how I'm thinking here?"

Struggling! Otherness is merely a construct of memories, no?

No? Maybe..

If we do not accept that those memories define our true being.

I can flow with the notion that ''memories'' are pictures out of time with now, Whould you say that they may be true representations of this

The barriers of limitations will eventually fall away by themselves.
Allowing us to "experience" oneness first hand.

As indeed those barriers do fall away at times with the experiences of oneness over flowing, but not always.

It is not theoretical, it be very real.

Certainly oneness is real, but to say it is not theoretical along with experiential is a limitation on our fullness of oneness as well. Otherwise there would be no case to be made by any of the referencing made by those philosophies you point to.
All those past and current masters wouldn't bother to even mention it.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   

It is perhaps not so complicated. Otherness has great purpose, without it, we could not experience enlightenment within our sensations (tree of knowledge etc). To experience truth from all perspectives. But then comes a time when some (~processes) have completed their work. Thus oneness being their escape hatch to the greater reality. The philosophies laying the path to that escape hatch. That's at least my simple take on it. But you do seem to be operating a much higher IQ level than me. Must hurt!

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Good thread glend,

Though I will say, there is no disparity in present and past (foreign) self

There is only the direction in which you are looking. The open eye, or the close eye

Love: To be put before in consideration

Pain: To be put after in consideration

These link to memory or the past, through regret and nostalgia

And to thoughts of the future, through fear and hope

The "Face" of God is the considering itself

God, Theos, Thor, Thoth, all mean "Thought". Hence translations like "That which is cast forth"

Also why words like El'ohim, meaning "Equilibrium" are mistranslated as God

The ability for us to "think" is a harmonic resonance of the source, by which we are about to think

But, such could not exist, without also having the ability to reflect upon itself

The opposition, or "adversary" conceptualised negatively as "Satan". Which actually correctly translated to someone closer to "Reason" or "Logic" (Loki)

It is no different to the emotional ability (Jesus) of the conscious, to reflect upon itself in "conscience" (Christ)

The circle (Christ) curls around and returns inwards upon itself, which is where we get Christmas (Circumference), which when it crosses, needs to be consciously allowed to return outwards towards its source

Love. The choice to put something first in consideration

Or alternatively, kept in, as pain. Or passed on to others as pain

The divergence away from the oneness, lays within things such as personal belief, which are ironically, contrary to the source, and it's creation of consideration

When we begin to look at the opposing process (which is necessary for not only the density of matter, but also the complexity of our ability to think, consider, feel, grow, and by such understand love and pain) as if it were a problem to be avoided ...

We also start to view the creation of that source, and collective thought, as if it were something we are divided from

Something which needs to be held in constant judgement, in order to consider ourselves worthy in comparison

What is referred to as "sin" is a flawed concept of deterministic will

Sin is "sine". Inclination towards internalised curve, returning upon itself as pain

Or outwards externalised curve, returning upon itself as love

The reality is, that without the inwards curve and pain, there would be no world. There would be no matter. We would have no physical body

And we would have no ability to consider, the outwards projection "balance" of that body

Through which we are able to create

There is no differentiation between what is referred to as "sin" and the true goodness of our hearts

There is only the process, through consideration and thought/God, by which we "become"

We are born into pain, to learn love

We only appear to be developing and learning throughout our lives, because we perceive cyclical time, linearly, as the resistance/opposition by which we are able to think/God and consider ourselves, within the medium equilibrium/El'ohim

The truth is, that we are remembering who we are. Who we have always been, beyond the limitations of such consideration and thought

Firstly, by remembering ourselves within this world (initiate), then remembering ourselves beyond this world (ascended)

The Earth itself is merely the Western gateway, through which we look outwards, to find ourselves looking inwards

We carry the waters, because we are the waters

God is merely the consideration of self, trying to remember its own name
edit on 21 5 23 by Compendium because: Added context

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Jesus was not speaking in pantheistic terms. There is a sense of nonduality in his union with the Father, but there is also a degree of dualistic separation in the body. Regardless, it's not fitting to lump Jesus' words in with the subjective ramblings of mystics. Only those who believe in him - that he died to take away our sins and was raise on the third day - and keep his commands will be saved and enjoy the same union with the Father.

The Lake of Fire is for those who do not believe in Jesus or do what he says. It is the extremity of dualistic separation from God.

If you wish to be one with God, believe in Jesus' testimony and obey his commands.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I appreciate your input BELIEVERpriest. My purpose is not to tarnish your beliefs nor to lessen Jesus in your eyes but present a picture from multiple religions to invite thought on the absolute nature of this reality. Take your lake of fire for instance. It is also mentioned in Egyptian and Zoroastrian faiths. However in the Zoroastrian Faith, it states people full of light, cannot be burnt by the fire. What are people full of light doing in hell one might ask. Perhaps its not another realm, but just another label, for the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That tree of duality being the universe of duality we currently exist. Our bodies, made of dust, can never leave this realm. That's for certain.

I have already been given a taste within the temple. My undertaking at the moment is to enter at will. I walk a different path to you. I am not saying my path is better, only that its better for me. Blessings.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I understand that the Egyptian religion and Zoroastrianism had similar concepts. That's not surprising, since the nations knew God at one time and turned aside to worshipping creation. Romans 1 explains this.

[Luk 11:34-36 KJV] 34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when [thine eye] is evil, thy body also [is] full of darkness. 35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. 36 If thy whole body therefore [be] full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

I know it's not your intention to lessen Jesus; but understand that Jesus is holy by Biblical standards, and the words of these mystics are, by the same standard, unholy. To lump Jesus' teachings in with theirs is quite literally an abominable defilement. It comes with a curse, and I have to warn you of that.

Man can be reconciled with man through various means of reparation, however, to be reconciled with God, one may only go through Jesus Christ on his stated terms. Any other form of light is just darkness in comparison. Do not take these words lightly. There are only two paths: the constricted path to eternal life, or the broad path to the second death.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

Thank you Compendium. Very poetic words that ring with truth in my ears (Not that my ears arnt ringing enough anyways
). They do remind me of Kabbalah. In that much deepness exists in a great many things that the unawakened consciousness cannot grasp nor realize. Much of it does go over my head anyways. No matter, I too have realized in recent times that Satan is "Reason" or "Logic". So perhaps its good thing I am not so much gifted in those area's. Sun Tzu "Know your enemy" comes to mind. But it does seem to make that battle any easier.

Keep plugging away at ignorance my friend.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
To know God and for God to know you, you must know yourself.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 02:32 AM
link   

But you do seem to be operating a much higher IQ level than me. Must hurt!

Maybe, maybe not, but does it matter? High and low, narrow and wide, blond and brunette, IS all one, right?

Me? My experiencing oneness waxes and wains but mostly floods through me or maybe I into it unexpectedly. When I experience as that, there is no thinking about it, but when not, well, there is memory and that memory pushes me to theorizing, to making vain attempts to understand what I mostly know to be beyond me. I"m just doing what I can to learn while I have the chance. Thanks for the offering glend.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Jesus supplied his followers with the means to fight satan as he had done in the desert. Believing in the son in ones heart is the shield against such a mighty foe. That battle must be won before our last breath. If God has awarded salvation to others. Who are we to say they holy or not. We can only ask for guidance from within. If that guidance tells you not to listen to mystics, by all means, do not listen to mystics. Personally I am not concerned for my own plight. I serve God for his sake, not mine.

Luke 11:34. There are two eyes, one is mind, the other is awareness. How do you make two into one? Trick is we don't. That be Gods gift if we pursue his awareness (exodus 3.14 I am) instead of our mind (serpent).

I strongly believe that such teachings in Christianity were only given by mouth. Only to apostles that were prepared to forsaken the material for the spiritual.... Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple".

You can either follow the flock into destruction or the few that make it thought the narrow gate. That be your choice.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple".

This is the way but hate the concept of mother, father, child, sister and brother and yes your life here.

This is My command to you: Love one another. 18If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. 19If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.…

Some of us are of this world and some of us are not.
edit on 21-5-2023 by Cwantas because: No reason.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Yes all is one. I am glad to hear you are experiencing oneness. If you have any further apifinies I would love to hear of them. Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cwantas

The minds love is limited. Only God's love is unlimited. So in the real process of being born again ones love for all is increased exponentially.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Cwantas

The minds love is limited. Only God's love is unlimited. So in the real process of being born again ones love for all is increased exponentially.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

Love your neighbour as you love yourself.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
"The Lord said to my Lord".... to me this is saying exactly that. There is a presence that exists in every moment that is your image reflecting God, so long as there's no smoke (sin) distorting the mirror. What is there to desire if you are one with the Apex Being of the universe? Ironically though, from this peace, we can "ask for anything and it will be given to you".

John ch 15-17 are all about our oneness with God. Branches on the vine, and the potential for fruit to emerge as long as we stay connected.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Greetings good Glend.

Thank-you for this nice thread, and the thoughts.

Enjoy seeing multiple tastes of wisdom, from different sources.

Seems to me that they align well, and that they are vibing in resonance.

It fits my experience, that the deeper the inside is being explored, the more naturally Love flows inward, and outward.

These periods of better vibes, vary in my experience.

In other words : Love lives here, in these harmonic resonating vibes of oneness.

While the outside world : does/has/is everything to pull-us away from that, and to separate us with fear.

Yet when vibing : others notice it instantly, and react also with kindness and smiles.

Perhaps oneness recognizes oneness ?

How does that match your experience ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join