It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allowing the minority to dictate the rules

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There's obsessive, and then there's writing "Dan Marino Must Die" over and over again... generally speaking.

Anyway.

I don't think leftists are the minority anymore. Those damned woke have an advantage if you count the entire nation as of now. Sad but true. That's why "Defund the police" candidates get elected in urban hellholes.

But the caveat for that is, the woke are heavily concentrated in those urban hellholes.

If you did total land area of democrat counties vs republican, it's not even close. Anywhere. Even California. Red is anywhere rural.

Take Texas:

I can look at that and ABSOLUTELY surmise a majority of Texas' "woke" reside in 5 of those counties and along the border.

And that's how 48% of Texas voted for Biden. What percent of that 48% are woke? Probably at least a supermajority. But this is "world-o-contrast" so actually all people voting for democrats are default woke. Hence 48% of Texas is woke. Unless in this circumstance, not all democrats are woke?

That leads to more polarizing us vs. them bias pandering in an echo chamber. Or just denial that woke can possibly rise to a national majority, and even support teaching wonky sex ed to 8 year olds. And a man in a dress and pigtails can indeed rewrite the red words this way. The aforementioned 48% may not mind letting a small percentage of people insist on programing their children. Most people are followers in some direction.

And to answer, "How did it get this way?".

I simply answer, there are enough of those highly concentrated urban democrats and Independents voting left to bring it to this point through normal democracy. No evil plots, no boogeyman takeover. Just a natural rise to the majority of urban woke, being primarily an urban phenomenon. Even spreading to suburbia. Where the flip-flop Independents reside.

*** And I also apparently need to preemptively say, "No, this commentary does not mean I support (democrats), only the worms eating people's brains will make that assumption.

I actually agree with Florida's law. Seems common sense to let kids be kids. Maybe DeSantis can win over democrats nationally like he did in his home state? Sure as hell won't stop the urban and suburban woke with Trump.

Yet, DeSantis can go to war with Disney and the woke and still have a 56%+ approval rating in a "swing state". That's skill.

IMO, if you want to undo the woke clown world, everyone has a far better chance if they ditch Trump for DeSantis. And it can be undone the same way it was built up as more Biden voters become DeSantis supporters. The large portion of swing voters that would vote for DeSantis and not Trump.
edit on 21-5-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This Nebraska legislator is all over conservative websites, because she really wants children to be made into their opposite sex if the parents want to make it happen.

Throws Hissy Fit: www.breitbart.com...

If people who demand the sex-change in minors were ignored, we would not hear from them. Let them do it, if they want to. If anything gets botched..or if the children have problems later in life...that's between those involved. The rest of us can't and shouldn't be bothered with policing this small minority. Let alone giving them news coverage. Let them be.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Another of the under 1% minority who Fox News is giving their primary top level spot on FoxNews.com..

A professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine who is involved in a LGBTQ+ "special interest group" claimed that parents must start including gender ideology in their families before a baby is born.

"This is my favorite topic," =Lauren T. Roth, a professor of pediatrics at Einstein and a physician in the division of academic general pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, said. The doctor has specialized knowledge of transgender medical interventions on children diagnosed with dysphoria.

"Like, this is a normal thing. And we have to understand that gender is on a spectrum. There's not just men and women," she said. "Sometimes [a child's gender identity] matches the chromosomes or the genitals that they were born with, but sometimes it doesn't."
Source: www.foxnews.com...

If the Conservative news media would ignore these "fringe" people, almost noone would know they exist. They didn't just pop up out of nowhere. They've been around for a loooong time.

FoxNews (and other conservatives) giving them coverage is what makes them seem bigger and more widespread than what they are.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Just going to respond to your claim that people fear statues. It's not that they fear them, they don't care for them, and don't understand why their should be statues commemorating traitors who fomented rebellion in this country.

Now I'll acknowledge that the clown Left takes it a step further and wishes to erase all signs of our patriarch and colonial history, and that is wrong. Nor do I care for the renaming of schools from names of presidents to obscure minority historical figures whom most no one has heard of. So maybe we have some common ground there.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

Just going to respond to your claim that people fear statues. It's not that they fear them, they don't care for them, and don't understand why their should be statues commemorating traitors who fomented rebellion in this country.

Now I'll acknowledge that the clown Left takes it a step further and wishes to erase all signs of our patriarch and colonial history, and that is wrong. Nor do I care for the renaming of schools from names of presidents to obscure minority historical figures whom most no one has heard of. So maybe we have some common ground there.

I don't care for the crazy guy who talks to himself on the street corner. But I don't go out of my way to remove him. I just go on my way. I think that's the different I'm speaking of. Why can't folks walk by a statue and if they don't like it, ignore it, or better yet, use it for a discussion on why you feel like you do. Once it's gone, there will be no discussion about that figure at that location, there may be some talk about the guy who died when the statue fell on him as the blue haired freak pulled it down. But that's another story for another day.

It's the cancel culture that has it wrong.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

Fear seems to be the buzz word at the moment.

You can’t simply oppose something anymore. Suddenly if you oppose it, it is because you are “afraid”. This is done as an off handed attempt at a snide remark. Just another way of desensitizing us. The more you hear the buzz words, not only do you ignore the words, you ignore the person saying them. What a clever way to further division.

It is all pure bull crap, manipulation, conditioning, and behavioral triggers for control. We know this, but we salivate on cue. If you know that the stove is hot, and you are burned when you put your hand on the stove. Don’t blame the stove.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
ignore my previous posts as emotional and exaggerated, lets start fresh with a clear head.

minorities aren't controlling anything in America and never did, unless you count corporations but that's another subject, the majority is just changing how they view the world as the old are dying out and losing influence to more liberal younger voters, they just dont want conservatism anymore. next elections you'll see Republicans start losing massively, older people are already a minority and they make up most conservative votes. not even 40% of votes anymore and the way things are trending, within the next 20 years the white population will start shrinking(after looking at the last census its already started shrinking), our time is almost over as masters of America.

the Republican party wont survive past 2030.
edit on 22-5-2023 by namehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2023 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I suppose we will see in the next election.

(post by Ninjatoe removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's always the MINORITY who are societies' biggest fear-mongers.

Big Man Made Climate Change Coming!

Covid will permanently change our way of life!

The illegals will ruin life for all of us!

Guns will kill most of the people you know!

Protecting unborn babies is creating a constitutional crisis!

Not letting me cut off my son's wee-wee will destroy our society!

Donald Trump will turn us all over to his handler, Vladimir Putin!

Joe Biden's Dementia can bring a horrible fate for the U.S..

Maybe the last one is true...but the rest are baseless fearmongering by a MINORITY of people.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

originally posted by: namehere

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: namehere
you conservatives sure love to go through convoluted hoops to try to not seem bigoted and irrational while saying the most hate filled things as if youre making some reasonable argument. there's no such thing as a majority, that's merely an artificial construct created by the elites to control America, what we're seeing is just the natural consequences for generations of oppression under the guise of freedom and justice, promising so much while reaping many benefits. of course the oppressed would want what you've promised them for so long, people want to live well and be left alone, why's that so hard to understand or accept?.

if people really just wanted to live well and be left alone, none of this would be happening. People wouldn't be getting fired for not using the correct pronouns, children wouldn't have to be protected from people wanting to transition them to another sex. You seem to only look at the part you like. There is more to it. The majority would also prefer to live and be left alone. It's not happening. Keep up.

more accepting and better educated generations starting to enter politics.

Have you met the younger generations?

They are the reason we have warnings on Tide Pods not to eat them....
They are the reason the owners manual in your car transitioned form telling you how to adjust the valves in your motor, to warning you not to drink antifreeze and the stuff in the battery.
These are the ones who can't even tell you what a women is, and are calling bigots and transphobes for calling a dude and dude and chick a chick. And when we don't they attack us and get us fired for calling a "they/them" a Sir/Ma'am.

But, sure, they are the "most accepting" and "best educated"
The Greatest Generation said worse about the Boomers & they were right .
Im a Boomer myself & our generation has caused more damage to America than any other generation prior or post. Truth hurts
edit on 23-5-2023 by Ninjatoe because: B

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's always the MINORITY who are societies' biggest fear-mongers.

Big Man Made Climate Change Coming!

Covid will permanently change our way of life!

The illegals will ruin life for all of us!

Guns will kill most of the people you know!

Protecting unborn babies is creating a constitutional crisis!

Not letting me cut off my son's wee-wee will destroy our society!

Donald Trump will turn us all over to his handler, Vladimir Putin!

Joe Biden's Dementia can bring a horrible fate for the U.S..

Maybe the last one is true...but the rest are baseless fearmongering by a MINORITY of people.
Bith sides fear monger . Isolated incidents from extremists on the left or right DO NOT set the standard .
Do you know why such silly things like reparations in California are made audible ?
It’s because the left knows that it will never fly even on their side , but they can use it’s obvious failure as fuel to call conservatives racist .
Just like Christian Nationalists who want a vulcanisation of America over religion , it will never happen , but those who scream for it can call liberals satanists , because it’s not a popular idea.
Very few extreme right or left bills make it through Washington without both parties agreeing .
You act as if there is a choice in Washington & there never has been . Status quo is the game on Capital Hill .

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ninjatoe

I am the younger generation, I have seen what the people my age are doing and the sad things they ae allowed to do and get away with.

The younger generation is the reason things are getting so F'ed up in this country, in the last 5-10 years, along with the ancient politicians.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join