It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About The Missing Six Dimensions of String Theory:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Everybody knows our 3 for space + time.
And how String Theory just would work out so beautifully.
So where are the missing 6 dimensions?

First of all we already have smart people figuring out that those 6 are actually 2 sets (a;b) of 3 dimensions each. (2×3=6 for those of you who can handle equations as proof lol; also 3+1+(2×3)=10)
So for
a) I'm proposing Tegmark's Tachyons, a 'parallel mode of existence, where what we call time splits into 3 dimensions of time and our 3 'spaces' merge into 1
b) the current thinking is tiny looped dimension we can't see because of Planck. What if instead it's not space at all, but higher dimensions of information? Depth of information if you will, where the jump from just storing information to processing takes places.
Like you have your 1;0 That's the most primitive form of information, but if it gets x connections/relations to others it gets depth/dimensions.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I guess the only way to find out is to artificially manufacture a self aware sub structure. Or determine how a dimension of information is measured. On and off are hardly primitive forms of information, fundamental perhaps, just very clearly defined.

a reply to: Peeple

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Space and time don't actually exist. They are emergent properties that emerge out of our consciousness.

Though it's quite probable more dimensions emerge out of our consciousness as well. Scientists do say there are. I'd actually say there are an infinite amount of dimensions.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

I am a big fan of infinite loops as concept, but not as basis for a theory.

Because somehow our life is either the same or deeply intertwined with consciousness, since we can observe both only in living bodies.
ie our consciousness emerges from our body, or matter.
Now you say

Space and time don't actually exist. They are emergent properties that emerge out of our consciousness.

And round and round in circles we go.
Infinity is never your friend in maths. You only want that in one very specific calculation to be your result and that's physics not maths....
Don't do infinity

Also: don't declare things I can observe, measure, manipulate and calculate don't exist. What would be your definition of exists if not that?

edit on 20-5-2023 by Peeple because: plus

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I don't believe in time. There is only movement and movement is always relative.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   
With 6 dimensions you can measure a point in space and a vector from it: x, y and z start locations, then use polar coordinates to set a latitude and longitude direction and finish it of with a magnitude.

The Lorentz transformation is a good one to check out when dealing with time dilation issues when moving through space.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Except that movement isn't 'real' it's just change of positions in time.
Which means movement is change and change is only possible if you have time.
Bamm! Another infinity loop!
in your logic movement is what enables us to perceive time, right?
But movement is the space you move in time. Or the time you move in space. But it always takes both or you don't move.
So what is time? 1/2 spacetime

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Time is a rate of change.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Exactly.
But it's also 1/2 spacetime. And if you don't get that joke I'm sorry but it's super funny.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   

edit on 20-5-2023 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ok so here is the crux of the matter.

We are currently living in this illusion of space-time. However they are emergent properties emerging out of consciousness. They don’t actually exist as a real thing.

pamgrout.com...

but John Clauser, Alain Aspect and Anton Zeilinger, the Nobel award-winners, just proved the key supposition of quantum theory: that local realism is false. This means that, when not observed, material objects are not there. Nothing exists until it is perceived.

Right. Local realism has been proven to be false. It means the idea that i am here, you are there, and there is space between us, is an illusion. Matter doesn’t exist. Because space doesn’t exist. Because space doesn’t exist, nothing spatially exists. So then whatever does exist takes up all of the space available to it. Something that takes up all of the space available to it is said to be at rest, because there is nowhere for it to go or move to or vibrate around as it’s already taking up all of the space. It’s also said to be an infinite amount of whatever it is because no matter where you would look throughout the space, and the past, present, future, it would be.

The only thing we can absolutely know to be true for sure is that “I am aware”. So that must be the thing that is infinite. An infinite awareness at rest existing throughout all space and time.

God. An infinite awareness at rest.

However God can’t experience anything. It’s the whole thing. To experience something you need to be able to see things externally to yourself.

That’s where space-time comes in as emergent properties.

In order to experience something you have to be a finite thing. A finite thing is an active thing as it has room to wriggle and move around in, vibrate. Unlike God this infinite thing.

So, thats where you come in. You are aware. Experiencing being a finite thing called a human being, and being able to look out and observe and experience the rest of your infinite self.

And when your finite human form dies, the awareness that was present for its life, returns back to the source (God), because space-time does not actually exist, you go back to being an infinite awareness again (known as heaven). Hell means reincarnation/rebirth/to go back to the womb. Which is this dualistic experience you are having now, of being a finite thing, seperate thing, with space. Heaven is being a singular thing, whole and complete. Everything. Yet Nothing spatially. Existence. The universe/multiverse.

Because the real you is the whole universe/multiverse. And you are an infinite thing, then infinite dimensions also exist.

When you think of space-time. Think on this. When you go to bed at night, there is still an awareness even as the body sleeps. It listens for things like screams, noises. It smells things. So you sleep in bed. And you’re in a deep sleep. Your brain waves are low, like 4 hz. But then as it starts getting closer to the wake-up. You enter Rapid Eye Movement. You
begin to dream. Space-time emerges in your dream out of your consciousness. Your brain waves get higher and you’re becoming more conscious. The closer you get to waking up, the more conscious you become, the more clearer and realistic the dreams become. In fact most people have lucid dreams right before they wake up, because they are conscious in their dreams. Then you open your eyes once you’ve reached a high enough conscious state.

The dream world’s space-time has disappeared. You are like “well that was just a dream, the space-time wasn’t real.

No my friend. The space-time is just as real in your dreams as it is out here in the “real world”. It’s an illusion. It just feels more realistic because we are in a heightened state of consciousness compared to when we are sleeping.

Be that as it may, you’re right. Its still nice to talk about and think about this construct we’ve created.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

We are currently living in this illusion of space-time. However they are emergent properties emerging out of consciousness. They don’t actually exist as a real thing.

No. Two things can exist side by side. Actually an infinity approaching number can exist simultaneously.
Because consciousness is 'real' doesn't ja default everything 'real' consciousness.

The only thing we can absolutely know to be true for sure is that “I am aware”. So that must be the thing that is infinite. An infinite awareness at rest existing throughout all space and time.

There are a lot of things we can say to be true for sure. None of them have to be infinite because they are true.
I don't get the jump you're making here?

Space-time emerges in your dream out of your consciousness.

Whoa what a claim is that? You sleep weird if that's the case. Show me a video if you want me to believe that.

Your dreams are not some magic realm, it's just your brain rambling and digesting.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Proof of the SIMULATED UNIVERSE was found in String Theory. This Universe is Fake. It is a SIMULATION: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

There are no missing dimensions.

To understand it better. It is easier when written 3+3+(3+1). Where the 3+3 are two superimposed sets of length, height and width dimensions. One fixed set and one rotational set.

The (3+1) set of spatial and time dimensions are four diagonal dimensions.

If you look at a cube as a six sided shape. We can all agree that is has three dimensions of length, height and width. If you know which way is up and down etc of the cube. The cube can be rotated and the change can be measured by your perception of up and down etc against the cubes coordinates.

The cube has four more dimensions. They run diagonally connecting the corners.

As for string theory. I thought it had 11 or more dimensions to it. When there is no need for any more than 10.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe

String Theory.
This is about String Theory. If you don't know what that is...

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: blackcrowe

String Theory.
This is about String Theory. If you don't know what that is...

I don't need to know what string theory is. It's incorrect.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Everybody knows our 3 for space + time.
And how String Theory just would work out so beautifully.
So where are the missing 6 dimensions?

The "dimensions" are "properties" and not spaces. And there are 10 dimensions in string theory, so you're trying to short us one Add another one for time.

Unless you're going for the Bosonic String Theory - then you get 26.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   
String theory was an allegory for hearing the music that stringed instruments made without knowing the exact location of the strings. Wizard of OZ 1939 may have represented calculus functions played on stringed instruments by munchkins for all we know. That is the problem with allegory.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Right. I guess you could know maths too. Physics not so mich, because physics relies on observation of phenomena and the phenomena is an illusion, just like matter is. Turns out that what we call matter is just fields of excitement, vibrating waves of energy i guess. But they all disappear when not observed as per the nobel prize.

The universe is information based. Its kinda like a computer program. Imagine in your house you have a sealed room in your house with the door closed. The game engine stops rendering the inside of the room. There’s no dust build up, etc.

Though if you decide you want to enter that room, then the universe renders the room, not as you last saw it, but it even goes back through time to add in the dust layers. It calculates how that room would have been if it needed to render it constantly for you.

That’s kinda how the universe actually works. Its information based. If noone looks then don’t render or keep information. If someone decides to look, get the result and go back through time to make sure the past chorelates with the result.

Dreams might be your brain rambling and digesting… I didn’t say it was a magic realm. I said the space-time in your dream world is just as real as here in the “real” world. An illusion. An illusion of space-time that emerges out of your consciousness.

Don’t dismiss this out of hand. I’ve thought long and hard about it. Have you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join