It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any good shows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Stargate SG-1 (10)
Stargate Atlantis (9.5)

Nuff said, we are kindred spirits...indeed
edit on 01am301100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

originally posted by: whereislogic

Stargate SG-1 (10)
Stargate Atlantis (9.5)

Nuff said, we are kindred spirits...indeed

This calls for...

Ahh.. dumb playback rules. How about this one then:

Too bad they didn't include more of this episode:

edit on 1-6-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DAVID64

Recently got our kiddo hooked on Babylon 5. Whole Lotta teachable moments on politics and politicians in there.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava
a reply to: DAVID64

A bit older now, but "The Last Ship" was a good series. Wish they wouldn't have quit making them. It is about a Navy Ship and it's crew, during a global pandemic. The first two seasons are really good - we rent it on Vudu, but probably can be found anywhere.

Funny you say that, I lost interest somewhere during the first episode of season 3, stopped watching immediately. Trying to finish up now, but I find myself commenting here instead of actually watching some of the key parts I missed from that episode so I can move to episode 2 (which I've already skimmed through until they mentioned something about 3 ships, where I thought it was 1, so I had to go back to episode 1 cause apparently I missed that with all the skimming I'm doing to get through it a bit quicker, especially the scenes that don't interest me).
edit on 1-6-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I raised The Last Ship to 2.5 (from 1.7) now that I've watched the first 6 episodes of season 3. Even though it's not really my favorite genre (fantasy or sci-fi) so the rating is still low for me. It isn't as uninteresting as I remember, there is some naval stuff going on that interests me. It's still better than The Witcher: Blood Origin (2.4 fantasy) and Legends of Tomorrow (2.3 sci-fi/fantasy/superhero). But Silo (2.9 mystery), The Ark (2.8 sci-fi) and From (2.7 mystery/horror) are still more enjoyable to me, even though they have less content. More my genres.

My ratings for most shows are quite low but that's because I want to differentiate between them and with Stargate SG-1 as the standard (at 10). I've tried upping SG-1 to 12 to give all the shows a better rating (just raise everything by 2, except for the ones at 1 now), but that just felt weird.
edit on 2-6-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
My updates for the shows that are still running (based on the latest releases of new seasons):

House of the Dragon (7.3)*
The Mandalorian (6.5)*
Halo (6.5)*
Andor (6.5)*
Loki (6.4)*
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (6.3)*
Severance (5.3)*
Arcane (5.1)*
The Orville (4.7)*
The Witcher (4.6)*
ST Discovery (4.5)*
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (4.4)**
Foundation (4.3)**
The Last Of Us (4.2)*
The Boys (4.1)*
Shadow and Bone (4)*
Stranger Things (3.9)*
What If...? (3.5)*
The Wheel of Time (3.4)*
The Rig (3)*
The Peripheral (3)*
Silo (2.9)*
The Ark (2.8)*
From (2.7)*
The Flash (2.6)**
Doctor Who (2.5)*
Secret Invasion (2.3)**
Peacemaker (2.1)*
Dota: Dragon's Blood (2)*
FTWD (2)*
1923 (1.9)*
Vikings: Walhalla (1.7)*
Outer Range (1.7)*
The Sandman (1.6)*
edit on 24-7-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Recently watched these three and really enjoyed them:

Childhood's End - IMDB Starring: Charles Dance / Mike Vogel
Mini-series of 3 x movie-length episodes. Based on the book by Arthur C. Clarke.
Summary

After peaceful aliens invade Earth, humanity finds itself living in a utopia under the indirect rule of the aliens, but does this utopia come at a price?

Night Sky - IMDB Starring: Sissy Spacek / J.K. Simmons / Chai Hansen
Eight episodes of approx. 55 minutes each. Warning! This show was cancelled after 1 Season, but is still a fascinating watch.
Summary

Follows Franklin and Irene York, a couple who years ago discovered a chamber buried in their backyard which inexplicably leads to a strange, deserted planet.

The Prisoner - IMDB Starring: Ian McKellen / Jim Caviezel / Ruth Wilson
Six episodes of approx. 45mins. to 1 hour each.
Summary

An update to the cult favorite series from the 1960s about a government agent who is kidnapped and sent to a remote island known as "The Village."

edit on 1-8-2023 by Kreeate because: added

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
Just gonna leave this here. Doesn't do the awesome song justice. Listening to it on full surround sound at the end of the season, the memory just came back to me, I think I just sat there for half an hour and kept rewinding and listening to it.

ETA, much better quality version of the song:

Probably one of the best pieces I ever heard that ended a season on a TV series.

I heard 3 words and knew I was gonna listen to the whole song, that one video is gonna make me watch this show. Music in TV shows helps tell the story enhance the story, and bring out the proper emotion. I really dig it when the music fits the scene, Fargo season 5 the Bridge tournament made actually search for the song. And this scene from BCS just adds to it portrays a months-long con, into 4 minutes and you feel like you saw it all happen. Or maybe it was the gummies, who knows, but Lalo Schfrin knows his soundtracks from CHL days and this one from MI3 also fits perfectly with Saul Goodman

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join