It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do YOU Feel The FBI Needs to Be Restructured -or- Eliminated -or- Left Alone?.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thursday, May 18, 2023

In addition to the 103 "problems" involving our Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) shown on this list...Here: lists.grabien.com... , And by Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

Earlier this week, PROOF the FBI (at the request of President Obama) attempting to damage President elect/President Donald J. Trump was revealed in a +300-page Special Counsel Investigator report...

John Durham, a Special Counsel assigned to review the investigation of former President Trump's ties to Russia, concluded authorities didn’t have sufficient information to open the case.

While Durham does not recommend any new charges in his final 305-page report, he offers a scathing assessment of the FBI’s process in how it launched and carried out the investigation, which was known as “Crossfire Hurricane.”
Continued at: thehill.com...

-As First Reported in 2020-

It looks like President Obama ordered up phony RussiaGate scandal.
Details: nypost.com...

TODAY, current and former FBI Agents testified to Congress how the agency has ruined, and is ruining their lives, simply because they reported actions, processes, communications, etc., within the agency that were not proper...or downright illegal.

News Article description of their Testimonies: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Congressional Report on their Testimonies: judiciary.house.gov... hts-government-abuse-misallocation-of-resources-and-retaliation-sm.pdf

TO BE FAIR, the FBI does prevent Americans from being killed. But evidence of those instances is few and far between. So it's not clear if the FBI saves 5 or 500 lives @ year.

IN MY OPINION, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (especially the modern version) does more HARM to our country than GOOD for our country. As taxpayers, we are their bosses, and we should be the ones who determine the FBI's fate.

If you have thoughts on what should happen to, or within the FBI, you're invited to share them.

-CareWeMust

edit on 5/18/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri May 19 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: Title edit

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The big question is...

WHAT AS PRIVATE CITIZENS CAN DO ABOUT IT ?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As a retired FBI employee....

The entire 7th floor and all the AD's need to be canned.

I still feel sorry for my co-workers, the support employees who really had nothing to do with this.

I still say when the FBI's mission changed to terrorism, crap started going downhill quick.

There were politics when I was still working, but nothing like it is now.

EDIT: To me, the FBI and the DHS are doing the same crap...why is there a need for 2 different federal agencies doing essentially the same mission?
edit on 18-5-2023 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The big question is...

WHAT AS PRIVATE CITIZENS CAN DO ABOUT IT ?

Congress determines how the FBI is structured and funded.

American citizens determine how Congress is structured and what they do.

If Congress and American Citizens are apathetic, NOTHING will be done. No changes to the FBI will be made.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It needed to be smashed into a million pieces wayyyyyyy back when JFK wanted to dismantle it before they blew his brains 🧠 out. My opinion. Hoover and Dulles over at the CIA were what is wrong with those alphabet agencies a reply to: carewemust

edit on 18-5-2023 by TacoLoco75 because: Misspelling

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The FBI are a tool just like the RCMP here and their equivalents in other countries.

From what I can see they are all acting the same, in unison, controlled by some unknown entity.

This march towards tyranny is akin to 15 minute cities, wokeism, the jab, the climate agenda, digital currency, and “fact checking” AKA “The Ministry of Truth”.

It’s everywhere, global, and in “lockstep”.

We need to decapitate the head of this monster and it’s evil little appendages will wither and die.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

IMO, YOU should volunteer to testify if the House holds hearings specifically for determining what changes (if any) need to be made inside the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Thank-you for the important EXPERIENCE-BASED input, Rick!

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   
From what I have seen and heard over the decades as far as their practices, I would say my opinion is that they should dissolve it and replace it with a brand new agency with new management.

Since that will never happen, I guess we are stuck with it. The problem with the FBI is that there are too many people working in it that do not think things through properly. Especially because they allow little guys to get away with things so they can go after the big guys. If they busted the little guys then the big criminals would have nobody to follow them. They seem to look for the prestigious big busts and let the small guys keep on screwing up our society so they can accomplish this.

I don't know if that sounds right, it is after midnight and I am getting tired.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It’s a shame that FBI has gone rogue. I would bet many of the agents still have some dignity/honor but have to do what they’re told by the higher ups in fear of retaliation and losing their pension , jobs , homes and families.

JMO but one man shouldn’t be in charge of such an agency.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I would answer, but I don’t want my kids, wife or I to be woken up at 5 am… etc etc.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
everyone above field agent should be fired or retired and then hire a bunch of new kids and train them to be field agents and promote the old hands into the positions recently vacated, letting them know this is your chance to save the fbi and put it back on the right path.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If they put me in charge, I'll do x-files stuff constantly.
...and post weird videos here
...about the x-files stuff

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacoLoco75
It needed to be smashed into a million pieces wayyyyyyy back when JFK wanted to dismantle it before they blew his brains 🧠 out. My opinion. Hoover and Dulles over at the CIA were what is wrong with those alphabet agencies a reply to: carewemust

The FBI has grown and committed atrocities across several Congresses and Presidents. Apparently Americans have not been too bothered by what the FBI did...or more likely, they didn't know what the FBI was doing.

I wonder, has the Mainstream News Media always been a staunch ally of the FBI, like they are today?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

The FBI are a tool just like the RCMP here and their equivalents in other countries.

From what I can see they are all acting the same, in unison, controlled by some unknown entity.

This march towards tyranny is akin to 15 minute cities, wokeism, the jab, the climate agenda, digital currency, and “fact checking” AKA “The Ministry of Truth”.

It’s everywhere, global, and in “lockstep”.

We need to decapitate the head of this monster and it’s evil little appendages will wither and die.

Maybe the "head" of this global monster is SATAN himself? (I don't mean George Soros)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
From what I have seen and heard over the decades as far as their practices, I would say my opinion is that they should dissolve it and replace it with a brand new agency with new management.

Since that will never happen, I guess we are stuck with it. The problem with the FBI is that there are too many people working in it that do not think things through properly. Especially because they allow little guys to get away with things so they can go after the big guys. If they busted the little guys then the big criminals would have nobody to follow them. They seem to look for the prestigious big busts and let the small guys keep on screwing up our society so they can accomplish this.

I don't know if that sounds right, it is after midnight and I am getting tired.

A former head of the FBI wrote an Op-Ed the other day about how the agency USED TO focus on the big busts of large domestic criminal organizations. They devoted lots of resources into those busts...and they didn't care if it was a Republican or Democrat leader.

I remember when the FBI busted Washington D.C. Mayor Marion Barry (Big Democrat!) for buying and using Cocaine. Several of my friends got a kick out of the "sting" video proudly shown on TV News and the FBI Press Briefing.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I would say it Needs to be Restructured and Safeguards put in Place to Limit the Current F.B.I.'s Special Powers . The Main part of the Restructuring should put an Emphasis on Directors being COMPLETELY Apolitical , and being Answerable to Congress for Any Transgressions of that . While Congress is at it , they should also Look into " Some " of the Criminal Behavior of the C.I.A Perpetrated Against American Citizens. .
edit on 18-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

lol no thanks..I was too high on the totem pole. I've been retired too long....nothing I could offer. You hear a lot of things around the workplace, FBI is no different. Honestly, I very seldom heard support employees talk about politics, mainly because you are told that is frowned upon and most of the agents were concerned with internal FBI politics. There is always SCUTTLEBUTT, no matter what federal agency you work for.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I feel for the whistleblowers that were on tv today. Lost their livelihoods for coming forward. Suspended , security clearance stripped. So much for protecting the whistleblowers eh ?

Democrats that were questioning them today were treating them like criminals and trying to make them look like villains.

If those whistleblowers were testifying that orange man was a criminal they would already have medals around their necks.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   
With ATS being under new ownership, this question feels like a trap

History says they were corrupt from the start and never should have been allowed in the first place.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro
It’s a shame that FBI has gone rogue. I would bet many of the agents still have some dignity/honor but have to do what they’re told by the higher ups in fear of retaliation and losing their pension , jobs , homes and families.

JMO but one man shouldn’t be in charge of such an agency.

Remember when Attorney General Merrick Garland put out the memo directing all DOJ-FBI employees to NOT talk to CONGRESS or THE MEDIA, if they have a complaint? He directed them to take their complaints to their top department head, who would investigate things quietly and discreetly. SURE! Look what it got these 3 FBI Agents...
AG Merrick Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray are NOT serving America and American's best interests!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join