It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Knew the Proper Protocol for Declassifying Records

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JinMI

The Presidential Records Act.

Lol.

Which amounts to what penalty again?

This is how we know youve reached the bottom of the barrel.

Member nuclear secrets? I member nuclear secrets.

Youve been exposed....again

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dogo22

I mean, I guess you could say that Trump's predilection for committing crimes is due to his personality. But it's still the fact that he's actually committing crimes that he's being investigated.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

You can say that all you want but Biden and Pence didn't try to hide documents from investigators and then have their lawyers lie about them.

That's where the major differences start.

Instead he sold things he should t have had to the Chinese… but you’re cool with that… we get it… 😘

link   

The National Archives has informed former president Donald Trump that it is set to hand over to special counsel Jack Smith 16 records which show Trump and his top advisers had knowledge of the correct declassification process while he was president, according to multiple sources.

In a May 16 letter obtained by CNN, acting Archivist Debra Steidel Wall writes to Trump, “The 16 records in question all reflect communications involving close presidential advisers, some of them directed to you personally, concerning whether, why, and how you should declassify certain classified records.”

Source

It's been revealed earlier this year Jack Smith subpoenaed NARA to turn over 16 documents that illustrate that Trump was aware of the proper protocol on declassifying documents.

Acting Archivist Debra Steidel Wall has now sent a letter to Trump that she is about to hand over the subpoenaed documents. Wall states in her letter that, "The 16 records in question all reflect communications involving close presidential advisers, some of them directed to you personally, concerning whether, why, and how you should declassify certain classified records."

These documents could undercut Trump's argument that he could declassify documents with his mind. It also establishes that Trump intentionally retained possession of these documents even though they had not gone through the proper declassification process.

Experts are speculating that Smith may be wrapping up his investigations. All of his major witnesses have testified before the grand juries. So this latest development certainly seems more like he's now prepping for a court room battle and is no longer focused on the indictment stage.

People can dislike or like a particular POTUS, but there is no “correct way” for POTUS to declassify information.

As CIC, POTUS can unilaterally declassify information in any way POTUS sees fit — any law purporting to change this is unconstitutional on its face and a violation of separation of powers.

POTUS can choose to generally, and voluntarily, follow protocols established by CIC subordinates, but the CIC can never be bound by a law or regulation regarding national security passed by Congress or as a regulation promulgated by an agency subservient to CIC.
edit on 17-5-2023 by JohnTitorSociety because: Spelling

link   

You didn't ask what criminal statutes he's under investigation for. You asked what law establishes that he does not have ownership over those documents.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: network dude

Im behind the times.

Its still nuke secrets, right?

Help a moron out?

I think it's still NUKULAR secrets, but things got kind of quite on that front for some strange reason. I'm sure he's guilty and will be putting on that orange jumpsuit any day now.

Maybe more civil suits will get the message across.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Evidence?

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You didn't ask what criminal statutes he's under investigation for. You asked what law establishes that he does not have ownership over those documents.

We have precedent from Clinton that says otherwise.

Nice try though

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

As I said, it's going to be a question for SCOTUS. There very much is a protocol in place to declassify documents and Trump was very much aware of it.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Dogo22

I mean, I guess you could say that Trump's predilection for committing crimes is due to his personality. But it's still the fact that he's actually committing crimes that he's being investigated.

Let’s say for the sake of argument any of that isn’t just fantasy land nonsense… lock him up and throw away the key… problem is it’s not and the actual criminals with trails of evdidence they sloppily left next to cars and in unlocked offices at colleges aren’t even being looked at… which makes our government a banana republic instead of a constitutional one that guarantees equal application of the law… but hey… keep digging… evidently you didn’t hear yourself scraping the bottom of the barrel…

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Evidence?

The manufactured kind they use against Trump or the real stuff that is easily found even with biased Googles searches…

I’d do the digging for you but then you might appear to have a degree of intellect that is absolutely unearned… like 81 million votes… 🤣🤣🤣

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

As I said, it's going to be a question for SCOTUS. There very much is a protocol in place to declassify documents and Trump was very much aware of it.

JTS already explained “SEPARATION OF POWER” but apparently you need it shouted to “hear”… 🤣🤣🤣

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Personal records are not Presidential Records.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I still want to know why a VICE President had classified material at his home. In the garage no less.
With a coke head influence peddling Son hanging around. Who worked for foreign companies at jobs he had no clue how to do, but still made millions.

But but but ORANGE MAN BAD !!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

A special counsel has been assigned to the Biden case. It is being looked at. But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So no actual evidence.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I still want to know why a VICE President had classified material at his home. In the garage no less.
With a coke head influence peddling Son hanging around. Who worked for foreign companies at jobs he had no clue how to do, but still made millions.

But but but ORANGE MAN BAD !!!!!!!

Id like to know how a senator had classified material....

Alas, maybe someday we will know.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Personal records are not Presidential Records.

Now you know the difference when no one can possibly source the documents in question?

Laughable.

Keep going though.

Everyone should see this

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

A special counsel has been assigned to the Biden case. It is being looked at.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The Clinton records were personal recordings he had made that had no bearing on his ability to do his job as President.

The Trump records are official government documents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join