It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 Billion to Ukraine, $0 to homeless veterans, this is actually true.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

Chrima?

Do you mean Christmas? Not a chance.

You do agree they stole it, right? Anyways, it was more of a dig at vNex92 since they are extremely pro-Russian in all this.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I'm sensing your sarcasm.

What have you done?

None
Anyone taking in others and caring for them is worthy of respect.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

No, the claim made by the OP in the title of the thread is absolutely false. The US has given Ukraine approximately $70 billion in aid, not $200 billion. And veterans do get government aid, including health care through the VA.

And the debt ceiling debate has next to zero to do with Ukraine, but does have a lot to do with the Trump tax cuts passed and the amount he and the GOP grew the US debt during his presidency.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think the OP was pointing out the absurdity, quite aside from the fact that wasting $200Billion to fight for Ukraine's border is ridiculous when the US's own southern border is not secure

I'm clearly not disagreeing about the absurdity of it all. I just pointed out that one thing is not related to the other. Veterans are not receiving the support they need and that is true, but the investment in Ukraine is unrelated.

The comparison is being made as a form of propaganda. Often things that are true are presented in that way by the MSM. What does compare to how our Veterans are treated is the even far worse way Russia's Veterans are not cared for and that they are conscripts now as people were fleeing Russia just to avoid being forced to fight in Ukraine.

It is fair to talk apples to apples.

...and yes it's a very boring day for me if I'm arguing this again
Interesting conversation.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think the OP was pointing out the absurdity, quite aside from the fact that wasting $200Billion to fight for Ukraine's border is ridiculous when the US's own southern border is not secure

I'm clearly not disagreeing about the absurdity of it all. I just pointed out that one thing is not related to the other. Veterans are not receiving the support they need and that is true, but the investment in Ukraine is unrelated.

The comparison is being made as a form of propaganda. Often things that are true are presented in that way by the MSM. What does compare to how our Veterans are treated is the even far worse way Russia's Veterans are not cared for and that they are conscripts now as people were fleeing Russia just to avoid being forced to fight in Ukraine.

It is fair to talk apples to apples.

...and yes it's a very boring day for me if I'm arguing this again
Interesting conversation.

I don't care how Russian vets are treated
I don't care how Ukrainian vets are treated.

This $200B Ukraine war funding is a total waste, just like the Afghanistan war was a total waste and the Syria war was a total waste
The US is not "world police", it's not in the Constitution
Spend the money AT HOME !!

Talk about comparing apples to oranges !!

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

" The US has given Ukraine approximately $70 billion in aid, not $200 billion."

Fair Enough . How Much was " Laundered " there then > ?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Serves them right for serving the beast system. As Kissinger said: “Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I agree that all money spent on wars is wasted. That still does not mean that if we had not spent the money on Ukraine it would have gone to help Veterans. That's all I'm saying and I'm not even sure how my saying that takes away from your argument.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join