It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 Billion to Ukraine, $0 to homeless veterans, this is actually true.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

That is true, but the reality is that what is spent helping Ukraine has no actual impact on how much is spent on Veterans. Apples vs Oranges never works.

I'm not arguing that we don't need to spend more on Veterans, I'm simply pointing out that if we spent nothing helping Ukraine it would have zero impact on the VA funding. That's not how the budget process works so it's a specious argument made only for propaganda purposes by the OP. I'm all for taking care of our Veterans.

The title...

200 Billion to Ukraine, $0 to homeless veterans, this is actually true.

...is just propaganda and it is intended as such. It is true but it's mixing two topics together as if one has an effect on the other, which it does not. Reminds me of how the MSM uses misleading titles to spread their propaganda.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Everyone Needs Help Not Only Veterans .

loveforheart.com... vNoQQQ7CfuU420RuRU0gHd3cytdTuZgYpL_TUCfjVhZ4j4nUKqPYpG3hoCQXoQAvD_BwE&utm_country=US&utm_geo=all_countries

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Naw! I think what LordAhriman means is that he/she/they/it will open his/he/their/its own home to the veterans and make sure they have food, a safe place to sleep, a place to wash daily, and all the loving care they might need.

Right, LordAhriman? You gonna do that, no?

I've already taken in one homeless person, maxing out the capacity of my house so, no. Just in the small town that I live in there are 3 homeless shelters all with programs to find them jobs and permanent homes. They're mostly volunteer work with a little funding from local gov. The federal government also has a budget of almost 4 billion a year for homeless programs. The help is out there, the biggest hurdle is them seeking help.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

A dating site? I'm good. Married with 4 teenage daughters. I certainly don't need another woman in my life.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: vNex92
You are transparent.

And you are opaque...

What's your point?

The only one flailing here.

Here you pop up again trying to drive a wedge between the western allies supporting Ukraine against your masters.

America blowing up the NordStream pipeline isn't driving a wedge between allies?

Like I said opaque...
And dense...

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

A dating site? I'm good. Married with 4 teenage daughters. I certainly don't need another woman in my life.

Sounds like you need more testosterone in your life honestly...

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

...is just propaganda and it is intended as such. It is true but it's mixing two topics together as if one has an effect on the other, which it does not. Reminds me of how the MSM uses misleading titles to spread their propaganda.

Depends on the breadth of the context.

If the context is govt financial competence, which is how I see it, then its perfectly pointed to.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just don't see how anyone at ground level could have any dog in the fight with this Ukraine BS. I mean just wtf are you supporting or advocating for exactly??

Unless, of course, you're heavily invested in the defense industries, to which a moral dilemma may come into play for most but not for some, and overall you'd be a POS for that reason too.

Other than that, why waste your time and energy? Your words, reasoning, justifications and VOTES are meaningless... WE'VE SEEN THIS.

Nothing short of gutting D.C. is going to derail this train.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

LOL , Not Even a Beautiful Ukrainian one ? Come On , you Know You are Curious..........*)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Sounds like you need more testosterone in your life honestly...

Good there too. 5'10" and 200 lbs. of extremely hairy, metalhead muscle. I also have a 13 year old son. We hide from the girls and play video games, for the most part.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Who cares about Ukraine or Russia ?

The point is that $200 billion of US TAXPAYER money would be far better spent on AMERICAN veterans than on kleptomaniac FOREIGNERS like Zelensky

Worthy of repeating.
And gave you a star!

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

How could you forget about your 13 yo son?
Kind of hard to believe now.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
How could you forget about your 13 yo son?
Kind of hard to believe now.

Because it was a response to a response about women?

I've posted pictures of myself here before, but here's my son and I.

That was 8 years ago, but I haven't changed much other than a longer, more gray beard.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think the OP was pointing out the absurdity, quite aside from the fact that wasting $200Billion to fight for Ukraine's border is ridiculous when the US's own southern border is not secure

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

What about the homeless veterans from Afghanistan and others? none for them.
Families struggling from inflation and high costs of living? that doesn't count.

What? Another angle for you because you are pissed the world is against Russia this time? Russia could end this tomorrow by leaving Ukraine and Chrima.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We should just start donating all of the old military equipment that we're donating to Ukraine, to the homeless vets of America. Tanks, jets, ammo, what could possibly go wrong?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Good on you!

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I'm sensing your sarcasm.

What have you done?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vNex92

What about the homeless veterans from Afghanistan and others? none for them.
Families struggling from inflation and high costs of living? that doesn't count.

What? Another angle for you because you are pissed the world is against Russia this time? Russia could end this tomorrow by leaving Ukraine and Chrima.

Chrima?

Do you mean Christmas? Not a chance.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

We should just start donating all of the old military equipment that we're donating to Ukraine, to the homeless vets of America. Tanks, jets, ammo, what could possibly go wrong?

That could work. The vets can sell the hardware to Ukraine.

Or Russia, or the drug cartels, or even domestically, whoever will pay the most.

Which does bring up a question, why are we giving this stuff to Ukraine instead of selling it to them? If they can't afford it and our NATO allies are inclined to do so, NATO could buy the weapons and give them to Ukraine.

Why isn't the US trying to make a profit on this? It's the American Way!

Or maybe we are making a profit we don't see. Maybe we're just protecting a profit we are already making.

The one possibility I can't seem to bring myself to believe is that the people making these decisions care any more or less about the people of Ukraine than they care about American vets. I find it hard to believe that people who have repeatedly proven themselves to be deceitful and corrupt are now acting in the best interests of people they don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join