It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 Billion to Ukraine, $0 to homeless veterans, this is actually true.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 16 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Its amusing how Ukrainian/Zelensky supporters are trying to challenge the point of the message of the tweet by trying to find out how old the image is.

Just recently a $150 Million Patriot system got damaged in a Russian attack in Ukraine, while UK/US had promised to give Zelensky more.

What about the homeless veterans from Afghanistan and others? none for them.
Families struggling from inflation and high costs of living? that doesn't count.

0 for Veterans & More For Ukraine

Just look what is happening with the whole debt ceiling they are even more worried about how they will able to give Ukraine more money for the Ukrainian govt than the American people.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
But there is help for homeless veterans.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You mean like this?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Maybe there is but it’s not enough.
Veterans of this country should be set for life, especially combat veterans.

My older brother is a veteran that relies on the VA to send him his medications every month.
Every month they send them late and he has to go several days, sometimes up to a week without it.

It’s a disgrace how this country treats veterans.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Where ? B.S. Answer ............

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

GDP (Gross Domestic Product) in millions (US Dollars)

Russian Federation

United States

The VA budget is around 300 billion and on top of that, there are multiple charitable institutions that fill in many of the gaps for veterans. It should be more, but I suspect it's orders of magnitude higher than what Russia provides to its veterans if they give them anything at all at this point. The latest numbers for the GDP above are for 2021 and I'd imagine Russia's numbers are down a lot in 2022 and this year.

Times may be a little tough here but imagine how bad it is in Russia a comparatively poor country. How much is Russia spending on the war they started when they invaded another country? We won't even notice a difference from the relatively small amount we send to Ukraine, but Russia is destroying itself is it not? Not to mention all the innocent Russian conscripts being forced to fight and die in Ukraine.

Our veterans were volunteers. Russians are not.

When Vladimir Putin tried to mobilize hundreds of thousands of citizens to fight in his invasion of Ukraine last September, chaos, fear and anger reverberated through Russia.

For many, those feelings returned on Wednesday after the Russian parliament approved a law that made the country’s conscription program more efficient, more modern – and harder to evade.

“This is the second wave,” Irina said. “Of course, they have to feed this war with fresh meat all the time.

“During the first wave they used police raids to round up conscripts. People didn’t like that. So now they are trying to concoct something different,” she said.

(post by TacoLoco75 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Many veterans, not only homeless ones, are too scared of the government to get help from the VA.

Tell me about the extravagant benefits packages available to Russian veterans.
edit on 16 5 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Here you pop up again trying to drive a wedge between the western allies supporting Ukraine against your masters.

How many times are you going to post about a Patriot battery getting "damaged" ( ie not broken) without any supporting evidence?

Flail away with increasing desperation.

You are transparent.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Times may be a little tough here but imagine how bad it is in Russia a comparatively poor country

Times are actually tougher in Western than it is in some Eastern Asian Countries.
Unlike the politicians clowns and un elected officials in Europe which are trying to cut oil and Russian energy.

India and its ecmocny had being largely growing thanks to the cheaper Russian energy.

Russia a comparatively poor country

You have Italians in Italy who had being living in vehicles i haven't seen any potlicans thus far providing any support for families who had being kicked out of their own homes and no fault of their own governments.

Which they do not care about their own people but do as their told on the foreign policy issue.

link   
a reply to: tamusan

Honestly don't blame them. I have never heard a good story from anyone that has ever been to the VA. They are depressing and terrible places, run by those who couldn't care less if you live or die, they just want to say they "helped".

link   

dont worry Ukraine will get another 210 Billion more next month one way or the other even if the debt hits the ceiling.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I went to the VA once about 30 years ago.

I made it into the lobby, looked around and noped my a$$ outta there.

Never went back. I'll live with my issues until they're not my problems anymore.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Honestly don't blame them. I have never heard a good story from anyone that has ever been to the VA. They are depressing and terrible places, run by those who couldn't care less if you live or die, they just want to say they "helped".

Honestly, there are probably many that work for the VA that truly WANT to help. It's the bureaucracy that's killing my brothers and sisters.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Touché

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I can't wait to see it used.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You kind of danced around my point. Russia can't afford Putin's war let alone taking care of it's veterans. What would bankrupt Russia is barely a drop in the bucket to the Western Democracies.

I agree that the US needs to take better care of its veterans, but the money spent helping Ukraine defend against the Russian invaders has nothing at all to do with that.

As I pointed out, imagine what it's going to be like for the Russian Conscripts after being forced to fight a war for the wanna-be world dictator Putin.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You kind of danced around my point. Russia can't afford Putin's war let alone taking care of it's veterans. What would bankrupt Russia is barely a drop in the bucket to the Western Democracies.

I agree that the US needs to take better care of its veterans, but the money spent helping Ukraine defend against the Russian invaders has nothing at all to do with that.

As I pointed out, imagine what it's going to be like for the Russian Conscripts after being forced to fight a war for the wanna-be world dictator Putin.

If they throw their troops into a wood chipper there's no vets left to take care of.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Who cares about Ukraine or Russia ?

The point is that $200 billion of US TAXPAYER money would be far better spent on AMERICAN veterans than on kleptomaniac FOREIGNERS like Zelensky
edit on 16-5-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: LordAhriman

You mean like this?

www.foxnews.com...

Naw! I think what LordAhriman means is that he/she/they/it will open his/he/their/its own home to the veterans and make sure they have food, a safe place to sleep, a place to wash daily, and all the loving care they might need.

Right, LordAhriman? You gonna do that, no?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join