It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever really questioned anything?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Whereas 10 years ago, there where so many interesting rabbit holes to travel down.
Sad state of affairs really.

I think it has to do with what people want to talk about more than anything else. I did this post last Sept and got 22 replies, 6 were mine, but it speaks much to why the internet is like it is today, and why people are so polarizing than in the recent past.

Friend Foe

This recent post "Map Size vs Actual Size of Countries" got a wapping 31 replies with 25 from 3 of us that kind of ended up talking about it. So what are you all (not you directly) bitching about? The posts are there, it's just people do not engage in them and want to go to 400 replies about current events.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think there is a focus deficit now. People are too used to springing from one input to the next, without anything considered in depth.

Cheers

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Most weird things are old now. I'm bored of Bigfoot and the like, nothing has changed sunce the 70s.

As to deep thoughts about the Universe and everything, again, all theories have kind of stagnated. I just read books about time and space to satiate my need of answers.

There is that... How many more Creation vs Evolution can we take...lol

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I think there is a focus deficit now. People are too used to springing from one input to the next, without anything considered in depth.

Cheers

TikTok, people also grab whatever fits their narrative no matter where it is from and that doesn't help the conversations.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I use the Recent button a lot, so, maybe the answer is whether there is a way people can customize what forums come up in Recent. We have this great granularity of forums with subforms but I don't think there is a way to customize it as to what appears in your Recent feed. I know at times there seem to be many posts in areas others really do not want to see or be involved with and so they dig down into it to maybe find that diamond.

So what if you could check to mark a block next to all the majors and subforms and anything in those forums will not show in your resent feed? You could still manually go there, but that would be the only way to see what is posted there. The site owners have been talking about removing forums such as the Mudpit, or other areas where maybe Trans post might be. If one could customize what they see then there would be no reason to remove any forum and people would see only what interest them.

edit on 29-5-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I like to ask questions, think about good questions, but carefully.
edit on 10-7-2023 by wlavallee1 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join