It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Powerful Demons Run Religion and Government Through False Prophets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's odd that so much is obscured these days by hiding it in the nuanced, mostly ignored, ofttimes boring middle. It's likely an organic result of seeking "likes" and attention (or money and dopamine), but it can also hide the obvious in plain sight.

Switch up some indefinite terms and allow for mild mistakes and the old terms can apply to new situations.

One man's "devil" is another's tendency to be selfish in a universe based on consumption of finite materials, or "demon" as an inorganic being... or AI, for instance.

Is the devil really in the details?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

James

4 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I used to take offense when people said I follow a death cult, but yes, we believe in the existence of death and every day we are losing people to it. Yes, we can have happiness but at the same time there is sadness. You can't make every people at the store act according to your will for them to be happy, you never know what happened that day to them and the time before it. Why do you look so angry? Why do you scream at me when I said hi in a polite way? You can't just go around expect happiness from people. Every day things die and we lose people. People go partying all weekend long on drugs, parents have children lost to drugs. You judge for looking sad, being angry and for the time I spend in bed? What is it you don't know?

Yes, we are perfect, but we live in a wretched state. The happiness you demand is death to life, you don't know what you are doing, why don't you let me lead my life. You're an antichrist.

I lost tons of friends and you expect me to put a smile on my face just because you say so, you tell me that I shoudn't care. Why shouldn't I mourn? You taught me the death of my dad was nothing.
edit on 16-5-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join