It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Nutrition – The Elite Know What Most American's Do Not

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Do things like look for the meat on discount because it's about to go over. You can sometimes get whole chickens there. You cook up the bird, get lots of meat, use the carcass for broth ... One bird, bought on the cheap, will stretch to become a component of lots of meals if you do it right.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Timber13

Growing up. I was raised on my mothers family farms as they had several farms. I worked on them during summers until I was liberated at 16. All vegetables fruits and berries so we had what I considered to be organic foods growing up. I remember the flavor of the tomatoes. They also raised pigs and chickens for meat and eggs. My grandfather had a smoke house and I recall the hams and bacon hanging. They were not salty and bacon post cooking was 1/4" thick with eggs.

People eat so much junk today. It could be ignorance or just simple lazy. We today eat lean meats. I live in South Carolina and Publix has a boneless sirloin pork chop about 1" thick. I buy them when the graing looks good. We then shake and bake and they are tender and soft. Little fat.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

Horseballs?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

and the sweet things they ate were all natural sugars.

That seems to be a big deal among all bad. Most of the artificial chemicals are an issue.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Most of us have said it takes time and effort that most people aren't willing to invest.

People invest way more in social media rather than learning to cook.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I guess if they didn't sell the crap in the first place, noone would be buying it. It's so high profit, though, food companies make a killing with it. Then the drug companies make a killing selling you their drugs to 'make you better'.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Missterious

Perfect analogy as in FDA. That's one organization that should be reorganized as they have major league conflicts of interest at both ends of the candle.

However, at the end of the day we are all on our own here to figure it out and do our own research. Based on the majority of the population walking around here way to many aren't "woke"

Then we have the water issue.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

They don't make these garbage foods because they want you to eat it, they make these garbage food because people buy it. If people stopped buying it, they would stop making it.
edit on 14-5-2023 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
The Benefits of Eating Whole foods is not exactly a secret mate nor is it something with-held from normal people , What you put in your body is a choice .

Admittedly the exotic Proteins mentioned in the Presidential meals in your link are Expensive i.e. Lobster , Crab , Duck etc etc but none the Less Farm raised Chicken , Beef and Fish are just as healthy though they may not be as rich in Healthy Fatty Acids but those can be supplemented by taking Fish-oils .

People Choose to spend their money on Hot dogs , Hot Pockets and Frozen Pizza its up to them no one is forcing them to eat that crap .

Buy a Rifle and walk out to the woods and shoot a Deer , Problem solved .
you’ll struggle to get a hunting license in NYC, getting that deer carcass on the subway and up your 5th floor walk up to breakdown and process the carcass. Storing it in your single mini fridge will be somewhat challenging as well… also ignoring venison is a very lean meat and not as rich of source of nutrients as some other meats.

Squab on the other hand…

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Incorrect. They have a product they want to sell, all the left over scraps of meat. That’s just waste to not sell it. The smoked salmon is 10$ for a 4oz portion, the hotdogs are 2.99/16oz. Some protein is priced out of consumers mouths beyond their choice.

How much did bill gates guess a slice of pizza was worth again?

a reply to: jidnum

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
The Benefits of Eating Whole foods is not exactly a secret mate nor is it something with-held from normal people , What you put in your body is a choice .

Admittedly the exotic Proteins mentioned in the Presidential meals in your link are Expensive i.e. Lobster , Crab , Duck etc etc but none the Less Farm raised Chicken , Beef and Fish are just as healthy though they may not be as rich in Healthy Fatty Acids but those can be supplemented by taking Fish-oils .

People Choose to spend their money on Hot dogs , Hot Pockets and Frozen Pizza its up to them no one is forcing them to eat that crap .

Buy a Rifle and walk out to the woods and shoot a Deer , Problem solved .
you’ll struggle to get a hunting license in NYC, getting that deer carcass on the subway and up your 5th floor walk up to breakdown and process the carcass. Storing it in your single mini fridge will be somewhat challenging as well… also ignoring venison is a very lean meat and not as rich of source of nutrients as some other meats.

Squab on the other hand…

So move to Upstate New York and get out of that # hole NYC Problem solved.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I love venison, but apparently it wrecks your thyroid gland as I found out the hard way

That's interesting I've never heard this , i do wonder whats in Venison that hurts your thyroid ?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: BelleEpoque

Horseballs?

Ha ha

Horseballs? . . . NO

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It actually cost more to eat like crap than it does to eat mostly healthy in most instances. The problem is most people have been tricked into this belief that they deserve luxury foods and variety. I wait until things go on sale and go on mark downs. I get premarinated vacuum sealed boneless skinless chicken thighs for $2.49 /lb, I caught a sale on breast a few weeks ago for $1.27/lb. Buy bone in breast and learn to debone it yourself to save. 5lb bag of veggies usually about $5 rice about $2.50 for 5lbs. I eat roughly 10-12 meals a day and spend about $50 every 2 weeks on food. A large part of the problem is the poor mentality. They see that $50 up front cost and believe it cost more than eating 2-3 meals at $8-$10 each never doing the math and see they're spending triple. Plus food deserts. Grocery stores don't like to open in bad parts of towns. They believe all lower income people are criminals and will steal or damage things. So usually there is 1 grocery store which means no competition and they charge higher prices.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
NO more free range humans!
Some one or some thing is eating us
or using us for some thing.

there is 384,615 born a day.
So they could eat 384,615 a day.
what are they doing with all the humans?

Not long ago they had a BIG! barbeque.
Or some thing! Covid...

Trees and plants need carbon dioxideto breath.
and they are More than two time as old as mammals or fish.
people always say lizard people are in control.
I say some kind of plant thing? is in control.

So go Hug a tree!
and when you die you will be fertilise.
If I am correct this is my last post and if you reply you to hill help plants live.

Unless it is some thing else.
then I am helping hide them?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mdtaylorjr1
It actually cost more to eat like crap than it does to eat mostly healthy in most instances. The problem is most people have been tricked into this belief that they deserve luxury foods and variety. I wait until things go on sale and go on mark downs. I get premarinated vacuum sealed boneless skinless chicken thighs for $2.49 /lb, I caught a sale on breast a few weeks ago for $1.27/lb. Buy bone in breast and learn to debone it yourself to save. 5lb bag of veggies usually about $5 rice about $2.50 for 5lbs. I eat roughly 10-12 meals a day and spend about $50 every 2 weeks on food. A large part of the problem is the poor mentality. They see that $50 up front cost and believe it cost more than eating 2-3 meals at $8-$10 each never doing the math and see they're spending triple. Plus food deserts. Grocery stores don't like to open in bad parts of towns. They believe all lower income people are criminals and will steal or damage things. So usually there is 1 grocery store which means no competition and they charge higher prices.

I agree with you.
they put a expiry date on Honey !
Honey NEVER goes bad.
the suger in honey will crystallize.
just heat it up to melt it again.

Humans are Insanely Wastfull.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I don't find that credible.

They hire chefs, yes, and the chefs would go over the menu with their employers. They can afford whatever they like.

BUT... fancy foods are often full of fat (which is tasty) and salt (ditto) and so forth. We occasionally eat at very upscale places and the calorie content per plate is at least equal to any fast food joint and possibly even higher.

The REAL difference is that they can afford far better medical care. As an example, two friends of mine both have electric wheel chairs (which, if you haven't priced them, the type these two use (full manual controls, etc) will run you upwards of $2,000. One friend is fairly wealthy and the other struggles at the poverty line.

It took the wealthier friend a week to get her wheelchair (and all the bells and whistles and adjustments.) My friend who had to deal with Medicare and SSI spent four months dealing with caseworkers and companies before she got her chair. That made an impact on her health (she couldn't get out using her broken chair, which meant missed doctor appointments and so forth.

The wealthy one can easily get in to see a dentist and change doctors or dentists if she doesn't like the current one. The other one has to wait for Medicare and can only visit those approved by Medicare and then only if she can afford the copay.

And that's the REAL difference. Not diet. Prompt access to things to deal with health conditions.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: BelleEpoque
originally posted by: nugget1

I eat mostly out of my freezer; protein, fat, and veggies.

30 miles from the nearest store . . . wow, sounds lovely!

I don't know where you live that gas is so cheap a 60 mile round trip twice a week sounds lovely. Maybe you drive a moped and gas isn't an issue, or you have more disposable income than those on a small fixed income?

Lucky you to have a freezer and no worries about the gigantic electric rate increases that have affected so many! Not to mention fortunate enough to even own a freezer! Can't say I favor frozen salads much, myself.

I'm glad you're doing well and so minimally affected by inflation; my point was: not everybody is so fortunate. Especially our seniors who often have to choose between food and medicine.

Then why did you move 30 miles from the nearest store? If you have property to grow food then you can eat healthy for much cheaper and there are methods to preserve vegetables and meats year round without a freezer.

I drive over 30 miles to a locally grown organic produce stand and the butcher shop is even further. Those places are actually cheaper than produce at the grocery store. Driving far a few times a month is 100% worth an extra $30 in gas for the trip and it evens out cost wise since grocery store prices are stupid now.

If you're smart about it, you can save even more money. I started taking the extra effort and time to prep my meals for the week every Sunday and invested in an Alexapure water filter. Don't need to waste money on eating out or buying water now.
edit on 14-5-2023 by Cymatic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

LOL!! I cheat!!
$4.79 for a cooked rotisserie chicken @ Sam's. They're huge so easy 4 dinners, one or two lunch burrito's AND chicken stock!! Luckily I grew up poor so walking past everything else in Sam's is easy. "That's for Other People" still rings in my ears. But yeah, I always check for discounted meats at the regular store.

Have found produce cheaper at the Chinese Wholesaler & the Indian Grocery. Noodles, tea & sauces cheaper as well.
The secret in buying foreign labled stuff is.
Green label good!
Red or Orange labels bad! VERY BAD!!! Your face will melt & you'll be calling off work the next morning.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow or, like I said… squab. Just saying your answer doesn’t work for everyone. Didn’t say I lived in that hell hole. Do you think upstate New York can handle all of NYC moving to their location and taking all their deer as well? I don’t think they are able to handle that load of people as well. So for those who can’t move to upstate your recommendation is? You seem to have the answer?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join